5.0 out of 5 stars hilariously vulgar

3.0 out of 5 stars You have to really, really like Jamie Foxx to enjoy this
Published on July 6, 2003 by Anthony Rupert

5.0 out of 5 stars hilariously vulgar, May 3, 2004
This review is from: Jamie Foxx - I Might Need Security (DVD)
This isn't something to watch with your family, but if you have a strong stomach for explicit sexuality at some parts, then it's impossible not to appreciate Jamie and end up in tears. I personally liked this much more than his other stand-up DVD, "Lost, Stolen, and Leaked." He talks a lot about his career as an actor, but it's not just the words but the physicality of his performance that makes him so hilarious and inimitable. I've tried to use his jokes myself, but his facial expressions and the way he says things are impossible to duplicate. In this way, Jamie definitely emotes much more on stage than, say, Jerry Seinfeld, whom I also like. But "I Might Need Security" is my favorite stand-up show yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Oops... I wrote this review for another DVD accidentally!, May 20, 2005
This review is from: Jamie Foxx - I Might Need Security (DVD)
But i'm here to correct my mistake. This is the correct review so lets get to it! What can i say about this DVD! Incredible! No matter how many times i see it, same laughs. From start to finish. For many of you who have only seen this on HBO you need to know that alot of this show was cut to fit the time slot. I had recorded it off HBO onto my DVR and i recently seen the DVD and was like "hey this part wasn't on HBO!" Only about 10 minutes deleted. And the etras will have you rolling even more. It is worth buying. You need this DVD in your life!!! But go and get it at a your local BestBuy for $14.99.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamie did it again, December 26, 2004
This review is from: Jamie Foxx - I Might Need Security (DVD)
This dvd is extra funny and I laughed all the way through it. He touches on a lot of major celebs and makes fun of them. You should also check out his first comedy special that comes on HBO sometimes. It's called Foxxhole and it will definitely have you laughing so hard that you'll cry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud funny, November 8, 2003
John Budd (Dallas,TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jamie Foxx - I Might Need Security (DVD)
Be warned....this concert has a LOT of vulgarity. If you can get past that, the show is hilarious. Jamie Foxx is a gifted impressionist (Prince, Al Pacino, Mike Tyson, Bill Clinton) and physical comedian (Michael Jackson's declining moonwalking ability, a giraffe loping away from a lion, himself having a conversation with Al Pacino). There are several funny routines, including an encounter with Prince, Foxx's trip to Africa for "Ali," and more. Perhaps the funniest material of all, though, is the stuff not shown on the HBO special. There are two very funny musical encores where Foxx plays piano/organ and sings--and he's surprisingly very good. I enjoyed this far more than I expected to.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST VERY CRACKISH......, December 18, 2002
Wondergirl517 (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jamie Foxx - I Might Need Security (DVD)
My brother recommended this DVD and he is absolutely right. This is just so funny when my husband I watched this, we laughed so hard we were almost crying. Jamie's comedy is full of color. He did a lot of impressions on other people (which he really did such an amazing job!) and that made him so much funnier!!! I liked his skit on Africa, the talibaum (this was when he was making fun of the talibans), crackish (crackheads in hollywood), and bitchilisms (I'll save this one for you to watch because it's too funny to explain!). Overall, this is very, very funny from start to finish. Jamie is a very talented comedian and singer. I give this ***** 5 stars and 2 thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny! Funny! Funny!, April 23, 2003
This review is from: Jamie Foxx - I Might Need Security (DVD)
Jamie Foxx is my new hero of comedy. He's material is great, but, he uses his full energy (body, facial expressions,props) to tell the most hilarious story! I've seen it three times this week. This DVD is definitely a must have!

3.0 out of 5 stars You have to really, really like Jamie Foxx to enjoy this, July 6, 2003
This review is from: Jamie Foxx - I Might Need Security (DVD)
I think Jamie Foxx is funny and all, but he can't really hold your attention for a whole show. I couldn't even remember half of the stuff he said. The only part I vaguely remember is when he was talking about Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown. Also, I disagree with the reviewer that said you'd like Jamie if you like Eddie Murphy. No disrespect toward Jamie, but how can you match Eddie's relatable stories and dead-on impressions? Watch this special only if nothing else is on.
Anthony Rupert

5.0 out of 5 stars TALIBAN, GAP BAND, KC AND THE SUNSHINE BAND, ALL THE BANDS!, March 13, 2003
This review is from: Jamie Foxx - I Might Need Security (DVD)
LOL..this is hands down the best stand-up since Martin Lawrence You so Crazy. I LOVE THIS STAND UP...For anybody who has not seen this is crazy. He is sooooo funny on this dvd. I never seen my wife laugh so hard in my life. Every skit was good and very well put together. I loved it. I own it now so I can watch it over and over and still laugh at it. So anybody that gives this stand up less than 5 stars is Crackish.....One

4.0 out of 5 stars YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS....!, December 13, 2002
D. Loayza "loayza27" (fort drum, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jamie Foxx - I Might Need Security (DVD)
JAMIE FOXX HAD ME FALLING OFF THE COUCH WHEN I WATCHED THIS...IT IS TOO FUNNY..I'V WATCHED IT LIKE 10 TIMES ALREADY, AND STILL AINT SICK OF IT..HIS BIT ON AFRICA IS THE BEST! YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED!

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 of the best Stand up shows ever!!, January 5, 2004
B. Ness "Birdman" (Milwaukee, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jamie Foxx - I Might Need Security (DVD)
This might not be for everyone but what is!! The show flowed nicely and had me on the floor rolling. Jamie is unbelievable and hilarious. IMO buy this one it's well worth it.

Jamie Foxx - I Might Need Security
Jamie Foxx - I Might Need Security by Chuck Vinson (DVD - 2002)
$14.98 $6.90