Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jamo S606HCS3 S-606-HCS-3 5.0 speaker system (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 9, 2009
I had never heard of jamo befor I found them here, but I found out that they are owned by klipsch so I figured that the were probably a good brand and mabey klipsch was selling them cheap to gain recognition in the US so I bought these thinking that if they were no good at least they were cheap.But it turns out that they are very good speakers even compared to speakers that cost three times as much. I have done a side by side comparison with klipsch icon vf-35($499 each) and def tech bp7006($649 each).The jamo was much smoother in the high end and had far better bass and mid range responce than the klipsch.the jamo and def tech were nearly the same in mid and high end sound with the def tech having a better bass responce with there built in amp but ether way you go you will still need a separet sub for movie lfe so the built in amp on the def tech is really a wast of power and also limets placement because they need an outlet neer by. the jamos do have good bass responce for most music. I've run a 31hz signal through them and heard it good, just a little bit quieter than the 50hz tone, but for movies with really low bass you will still need a powered sub. I also compared the center channel speakers for all three of these, the included jamo, the klipsch vc-?($250) and the def tech procenter 1000($220) the jamo beat the other two hands down, both the klipsch and the def tech had a tinny or harshnes sound to them at the high end.
on April 14, 2011
I was in the market for a 5.1 system to pair with my newly purchased Pioneer VSX-1020-K receiver. I was looking at low cost speakers between $300-$500. I had never heard of Jamo, but, as Kevin stated in his review, saw they were owned by Klipsch and took a chance. I am extremely glad I did. My father recently purchased the Energy Take Classic 5.1 setup for $100 less. He should have spent the extra. These speakers are very clean and crisp and are also not hard to look at. For those looking for a smaller, satellite style setup, this isn't for you as the speakers are somewhat bulky. The response is incredible and could compare to $2,000 - $3,000 speaker setups. For movies, they severely lack in bass and stand alone sub woofer is an absolute must. Currently, I have them paired with an old KLH sub I had kicking around. A large sub isn't necessarily required, as its just for the LFE that you need it. The floor speakers provide a surprisingly nice bass level for the relatively small subs. They are great for music, but, at louder levels, there is a clear absence of bass.

I shopped around for about a month to find speaker systems in this price range and could not find anything remotely close to this. At the end, it came down to this set and the Energy RC Micro 5.1 (a satellite style setup), but ultimately choose these as I have a fairly large room to fill. I would HIGHLY recommend these speakers to anyone interested. Just be sure to add a sub for your home theater.

Update:

I paired these with the BIC America F12 subwoofer and what a difference. I am envied by all of my friends and my system is near THX quality. While it isn't the 1000 watts most audiophiles would want, they are pretty close to audiophile and would put them up against any Bose or Klipsch set under $1000. I have a total of $600 wrapped up in the speakers and the sub and couldn't be happier. Needless to say, my girlfriend is not impressed as she is constantly asking me to turn it down, lol.
on June 11, 2011
I don't even know where to start with these speakers. I picked these up for $400 from Amazon -- what a steal! I have this paired with an Apple TV, and I can hear parts of my music that I've never heard before. The speakers have a surprisingly nice bass response for lacking a subwoofer, but you will want a subwoofer regardless to compliment the set. That said, this is probably the most amazing setup I've gotten for the price, it doesn't even compare to some Polk setup from Best Buy that you'd get at this price. Granted, these speakers are huge (the floor-standing speakers are ~4ft high), they aren't for everyone but if I were you I'd make it work.
on May 24, 2011
First, how can you not like a company named Jamo(YAH-MOE)? This is a Danish company better known in Europe(YURRUP). This has to be one of the best speaker deals on the planet at twice the price! The fronts have a 1" silk tweeter, two 5" mids, and an 8" side woofer. And what a range! The Audessy set-up on my receiver set the crossover with these things at 50hz. The systems mids are strong, the highs are sweet, and the lows leave little for the sub to do. Although you will want to use a sub with movies. It still has some work to do. I bought a Polk PSW10 sub that works just fine for my set-up. I'd call this a warm to neutral system.

When I opened the carton, I was astonished at how beautiful these speakers were. Better looking than the pictures. My girlfriend was a little aprehensive based on what I told her of their size, but she loves their looks and they really compliment the room.

By the way, they really should use two cartons to ship this system. 144lbs from Denmark took its toll on the shipping carton. The whole package barely survived the trip, but thankfully the speakers were ok. One missing part was overnighted the next day.
on July 20, 2011
At first, I was a bit apprehensive about Jamo, the speakers look phenomenal but could it really be that good of a deal? I spent a few days doing research, learned they are owned by Klipsch yet operate independently and all of the reviews I've read are stellar. I decided to pull the trigger and get these speakers for my home theater. The upgrade was from a 5.1 set of Klipsch F-Series w/ a 250w Polk Audio Sub.

WOW!

The clarity, balance and performance of these speakers is nothing short of amazing! Obviously there are more expensive, higher end systems that can be put into place but these speakers are quite possibly the best bang for your buck! Not only do they excel in Home Theater applications but the musical delivery is out of this world. After a week of listening to these speakers 4-5 hours a day I can tell a difference in the break-in. The speakers give a warm feel, but not too warm.... just right. The highs are clear and pleasing to the ear, not harsh and overly loud. Pink Floyd's Money.... It was like listening to the track for the first time, the layers of sounds, blending together takes the listener on a journey through sonic bliss! Evenesence's Immortal Beloved... I feel like Amy Lee is whispering in my ear and when you hear her breath in between lines, if feels like she's right behind you whispering sweet nothings into your ear. Curtis May's The Pusher... had me so into the era, music I can only say I felt like dealing smack and knockin' b*ches around to get my pimp on! 3 Inches of Blood Here Waits Thy Doom... previously my least favorite 3IOB album has become my favorite! The shredding of the guitars battle back and forth like two mighty viking warriors in competition for your attention yet all the while remaining succinct and delivering one on a journey through space and time.

For musical applications, no Sub is needed the bass is tight and can be felt without sounding like some ghetto dunk on 42s. I've programmed my remote to disable the sub when my input is a musical device whether it be an airport express delivering optical lossless files or a higher end turntable. When it's movie time, no more adjusting the audio or increasing the center channel volume, the balance is perfect!
on August 22, 2011
I had never heard of JAMO speakers but for the price I couldn't help but do some research and look into them. I did some research on AVS forum and decided to purchase these. I couldn't be happier. They produce wonderful sound for everything from music to movies. I have them powered with a Yamaha Aventage A-700 and can really crank these. Jamo is a great brand with excellent style. Do some research and you will find a lot of people that love these as I do.
on July 13, 2011
Here is the background on Jamo:

"It's December 1966. In the fishing village of Glyngøre, Denmark, carpenter Preben Jacobsen ignores the discomforts of the tiny henhouse on his property and outfits it for an entirely different purpose--the construction of meticulously designed loudspeakers. Blessed with excellent woodworking skills and a broad knowledge of acoustic technology, he begins to develop speakers that attract a fair amount of attention, if not a huge groundswell of buyers.

In very little time, Preben realized that actually selling the products he's been building is not his greatest strength and in 1968, Preben's brother in law Julius Mortensen came aboard, bringing with him a wealth of sales experience gained from working in the fishing industry. The two then officially found Jamo, creating the company's distinctive name from the first two letters of their surnames. Within two years, they moved into their first actual production facility, and by 1987, over one million speakers had rolled off the Glyngøre assembly line.

Throughout the 1990s, Jamo's stature as one of Europe's largest and most respected loudspeaker manufacturers increased. By 1994, it was the largest manufacturer of speakers in Europe, and by 1998, they had sold over 11.5 million units. This success also made Jamo a highly desirable partner--which culminated in its acquisition by Klipsch Group, Inc. in 2005. The resulting venture has brought added resources to the company. Today, the business that once occupied a henhouse proudly occupies offices worldwide.

Even though the Klipsch Group, Inc. is now the owner of Jamo speakers, Jamo speakers is still a top brand that is well-know for its distinctive "Danish Sound," which is described by a Jamo speakers review as clear, open, coherent and unmistakeably musical. For many years, these speakers have been consumers' top choice not only for their sound but also for their design. Jamo products are renowned for being custom-designed entertainment tools that perfectly combine quality and beauty.

Regardless if you want bedroom, kitchen, living area or outdoor speakers, Jamo makes speakers that will fit the bill. The models of speakers manufactured by Jamo include bookshelf, floor-standing, outdoor, satellite, surround sound and wall-mounted.

For instance, if sound quality is your main concern, Jamo's Concert Series are an excellent choice. This line of speakers is specially designed to emit a concert-like sound. In this series, the C803s are the ideal model for people who have a big budget and desire superior sound quality. These bookshelf speakers are available in dark apple and black ash and have a distinct from-fitted back plate and slightly rounded top, making them true works of art.

In addition, C803s come equipped with a 7-inch subwoofer that gives distortion-free sound even at extremely loud volumes. Instead of the usual dust cover, this subwoofer uses a Centre-Plug cover. In order to prevent the interference of the tweeter from cabinet vibrations, Jamo utilizes decoupled tweeter technology.

According to a Jamo speakers review, Jamo speakers won the sound quality competition against other like-model speakers. This review adamantly states that Jamo speakers are not only "a cut above" other bookshelf speakers but also a top contender against tower speakers made by different manufacturers".