Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on December 25, 2012
My father is from Spain and I grew up eating jamon in Spain and here for over 40 years. This jamon is wonderful and I would recommend wholeheartedly. It has a nutty flavor and it melts in your mouth. Some people do not know how to carve or store these hams and they end up destroying them. Please visit the Jamondor website that gives you pointers on how and where to carve and how to keep your ham moist. [...]
on December 22, 2012
I don't usually provide reviews about the products I buy; however, I feel I should warn other potential buyers about this particular item. El Jamon was extremely dry and hard, very difficult to slice. In fact, it was so hard we had to cut slices of about 1/4 of an inch thick - I almost cut myself trying to slice this chunk of shoe leather. The taste was bad for a Jamon Serrano, very salty and without the aromas of well seasoned and cured Jamones Serranos. Please don't waste your money in this product, adding another $100 will buy you a much better product (Fermin, for example).

Note: Thus far, I give the vendor (Carmen & Lola) 5-stars for very-fast (VERY-FAST) shipping and handling of this item. With that said, I'm planning on returning it back to them (expecting a full refund). I'll be posting the results and my experience with them soon.

Update: Carmen & Lola took care of the issue without hesitation. As I said before I give Carmen & Lola 5-star for their customer service practices. Also there is one other customer who gave this product a 5-star rating, perhaps the piece I got did not cure properly - whatever the case may be, time and more reviews will provide a better coverage of this product.

Again, for your Spanish food needs please give Carmen & Lola the opportunity to serve you - they will not disappoint you.
22 comments2 of 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 1, 2014
We love bone in Serrano Ham and try different brands, never more, I will stick with Jamondor, it taste great, it has the right amount of salt and fat, really it is like an Iberico Ham for a third of the price, Strongly recommended for Jamon lovers like me and my family, Viva España!!!
on February 5, 2013
The Jamon was a hit a Christmas. Great quality and great price. Will buy again. Shipped quickly and before promised. Yum!
on March 21, 2014
I order it as a gift for my husband and he love it. Good ham for a first start and for the price I pay.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse