5.0 out of 5 stars Jan Marini works, but has high price tag
Published on March 2, 2008 by A. Siverd

1.0 out of 5 stars New Formula Does Not Work :-(
RevitaLash - Eyelash Conditioner- BRAND New, Sealed.

I was using the "old" formulation of Jan Marini Eyelash Conditioner. It really improved my short, sparse, light lashes. I actually grew an extra row of lashes behind my original lashes, and it filled in spots where I had lost lashes due to eye surgery. An amazing product.

I recently purchased the...
Published on February 11, 2009 by M. Kampmeier

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars New Formula Does Not Work :-(, February 11, 2009
RevitaLash - Eyelash Conditioner- BRAND New, Sealed.

I recently purchased the new formula that Jan Marini has put on the market to replace the "old." It does nothing, nothing, nothing! I was puzzled, so I actually looked up each ingredient on the box. They were all some type of conditioner. None of the ingredients had anything to do with lash growth.

So, that explains it. The old formula contained an pharmaceutical ingredient (for glaucoma), that has a side effect of darkening and growing eyelashes. Marini did not have permission to use it, and it was seized and pulled off the market.

I bought the new formula, certain that it was true to Marini's claim that it would grow longer, darker, thicker lashes. I have been using it for six weeks, and really feel ripped off. It does not work!

I personally recommend that you do not waste your money on this new formula, unless your goal is to have softer lashes. It does not support lash growth of any kind.

Revitalsh has also re-formulated, but it is getting rave reviews. I think I'll put my money on that one! Do not buy this new Jan Marini!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jan Marini works, but has high price tag, March 2, 2008
A. Siverd "skincare guru" (charlotte, nc United States) - See all my reviews
I am a skincare guru. I've tried a lot of products with miracle claims. Most don't work and are a waste of money. I have never written a review but I believe this product deserves my time. I don't have long lashes and never have. I have thought about lash extensions, but the results are costly & temporary. I have dyed my lashes (had a reaction, all but 3 fell out). Lashes falling out is nothing new to me either. So with nothing to loose (except $120+) I purchased Jan Marini Age Intervention Eyelash Conditoner. Within one week, I noticed less eyelash shedding. Within three weeks, I observed virtually no shedding. Then we moved and I absentmindedly packed the eyelash conditoner. Within the next two weeks many of my lashes fell out and I had bald spots throughout. To say the least I was dissapointed and discouraged. I was sure I had bought another product with false claims. I unpacked and started to use the product again (with no expectations). The same results as the first time appeared (no more lashes falling out). Then after a month they began to look thicker, then longer. Now at two months I am amazed at the transformation. With mascara they look fake (which is a good thing). Today, I am purchasing brown mascara to tone down the dramatic lashes and another tube of Jan Marini. Skincare tip: TNS Recovery

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable!, February 27, 2008
I didn't think this would work--or at least not live up to the hype, but it is absolutely amazing. My natural lashes were blonde, sparse, thin, and short. I didn't feel comfortable leaving the house without carefully applied eyeliner and mascara, and I'm not particularly vain. Enter Jan Marini: after three weeks of nightly use, I could clearly see my lashes becoming thicker, and there were simply lots more of them. Where there used to be one "row", now there were layers starting to come in. The continued growth has been gradual but exciting. Now, at the completion of six weeks, my lashes are significantly longer, thicker, and I don't need liner to define the lash line. They are, however, still blonde, so I need mascara to show them off. I found that the texture of the lashes has also changed slightly, and a light mascara product (consistency, not color) works best. Dying the lashes would also give the desired effect. I still can't believe the results I've achieved in a few short weeks. Just be careful not to get the product in the eyes when applying, since there is obviously something potent in the formula and it hasn't been around long enough to determine long-term effects. I apply it like a liquid liner, being sure to get it right along the base of the lashes. A lighted magnifying mirror (the kind that sits on a table) is very helpful both for application and for monitoring progress.

Update 3/2009--my review, and I suspect others as well, was for the original Jan Marini Age Intervention Eyelash Conditioner-- NOT the new "Marini Lash" pictured above. I can't speak for the new one; the original was fantastic, but was discontined. Dermatologists carry a new prescription product by Allergan, but it is extremely expensive. Hopefully there will be more options down the road.

1.0 out of 5 stars jan marini "new" eyelash conditioner DOES NOT WORK, August 30, 2008
My daughter and I were faithful users of the original Jan Marini formula and loved it! We've been using the new formula for several months and not only are our lashes not growing, but they seem to be weaker than ever. We've switched to the Talika eyelash conditioner which is only $40. and IT WORKS!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle Product!, May 19, 2008
Eileen Obregon (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
I am an avid false eyelash user. I have dark, short eyelashes and love the effect of having long, thick lashes. I contemplated getting extensions, but didn't want the costly hassel of going back every 3 months to reapply and touch up.

I ended up trying this out while working at a wellness center. I decided to be the guinea pig and we decided to note the changes. After 3 weeks of using this product nightly, we noticed that my lashes were getting fuller. I actually saw a new row of lashes sprouting. I was soooo excited that I tried to use this product in the morning and in the nightime one day... Big Mistake! I got a rash on my upper lids for a day. DO NOT USE MORE THAN RECOMMENDED!

I went back to my normal regime and love the way my eyelashes looked. No more false eyelashes for me and this tube lasted me a year.

You only need to apply to the upper lid like liquid liner because in the night, the product melts and get ditributed to the lower lashes as well.

My cousin used this product to grow back her eyebrows after a rigorous plucking session.

I will never be w/out this product!

1.0 out of 5 stars old formula better, November 9, 2010
This review is from: Jan Marini - Marini Lash - Eyelash Conditioner 0.25 oz Promo Deal (NO PACKAGE) (Health and Beauty)
I used the old formula of the Jan Marini eyelash conditioner--had fantastic results--eyelashes up into my eyebrows!! Everyone noticed. Just finished a tube of the new formula (5 months of daily application) and I am sad to say my old eyelashes are back, the thickness and length are gone :( I will not be buying this product again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Have patience--It Works!, January 25, 2008
I started using the product in early April. After 3 or 4 weeks, I saw no results. Then we went to a Memorial Day Barbecue and as I was getting ready, I saw that my lashes in the outer corners were much longer. With continued application the rest of the lashes filled in as well. This is a great product, but you need to give it time to work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work, December 9, 2012
Don't waste your money, it does nothing to your eyelashes. I have been using jan marini products for years but this is a big dissappointment. Save your money!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too little product for price, October 18, 2013
The tubes are almost empty. There is almost no serum on the wand when it is pulled out of the tube. I have used this product in the past (and liked it) and those wands were very wet when pulled out and the product lasted the amount of time specified. I've only used these two weeks and it is practically empty.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, September 5, 2013
I see no difference I have been using it day and night religiously Am and Pm don't think I will ever order it again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›