5.0 out of 5 stars finally found a laptop bag that isn't too big!
After hunting around online for about a week, I have finally found a great tote bag for my 15" Macbook Pro! There is plenty of space in the bag for files and textbooks. The pockets on the outside of the bag comes in very handy for a cellphone. There is even a latch inside for keys, so they don't get lost in the bag.
The only complaint I have for the bag is the lack...
Published on September 18, 2008 by s.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute bag but a little to big
I bought this bag because I need something for work. Its a little big. The black one looks great it has a lot of pockets.
Published on June 7, 2012 by Pink girl

5.0 out of 5 stars finally found a laptop bag that isn't too big!, September 18, 2008
s. (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JanSport Ella Tote Core Series Tote (Apparel)
The only complaint I have for the bag is the lack of padding for a my laptop. The laptop divider is only a thin material. But this isn't something a laptop sleeve cannot solve.
Overall, this it a great size bag for the amount of stuff you can fit and especially for a 15" laptop. I'm 4'11 and I don't find this bag overwhelming like most laptop bags.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, January 20, 2011
I bought this in lieu of a backpack for my college classes. When it arrived it was much better than I expected! Even the color (bonsai blue/new bud green) was much cuter in person. It can hold my 14" laptop, a 5 subject notebook, and at least 2 textbooks + pens, pencils, calculator, and cosmetics for freshening up. The handles are also a good length, not too short or too long. I'm a bigger gal so sometimes I find straps on bags like this are too short and are right up under my armpit (not comfortable). The quality is really great too, I expect this will last as long as my JanSport backpack has (10+ YEARS!)

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect tote, December 4, 2010
I thought this tote looked like it would suit my needs when I saw it online, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was even better than I thought when it arrived. I love how much I can carry while keeping everything organized. My previous tote did not have any small compartments, and I was always losing my keys, ID badge, pens, etc. Now, everything has a place. The bag is large enough to carry everything, but not too ridiculous in size. I did not buy it with the intention of carrying my laptop, but I would probably place my laptop in an additional padded cover if I used this bag to carry it. There is not much padding in the laptop compartment. The water bottle pocket is on the outside so if I ever have a leak, my books/papers are protected. The zipper across the top of the tote is nice and keeps things in place. It is well manufactured and not "cheap" in any way. The clasps and zippers are metal (not plastic). I am beyond happy with this purchase and would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifull and Excelent product, November 2, 2009
Marcelo Araya (Miami, FL United States) - See all my reviews
My daughter love it!! and is easy comfortable and the size is perfect to carry all the schools books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Attention JANSPORT!! Almost perfect bag...., July 21, 2010
This review is from: JanSport Ella Tote Core Series Tote (Apparel)
I don't usually write reviews, but this product is so close to perfect, I had to chime in. I looked for a long time for an attractive, functional tote for my laptop and everything else I need for air travel, which I am doing a lot of these days, as well as something that would look decent going into meetings, etc. (I am the President of a new company.) I do love this bag. Note, I do NOT use the laptop compartment. I have a 13" MacBook Pro, and use a sturdy, heavily padded sleeve for that, which fits just fine in the bag. (I would not carry a laptop otherwise unprotected in this bag, since, yes, I agree with others that that compartment is not adequately padded. But if you use a good sleeve, it's great.)

Now -- what I like/love:: The outside pockets on the front are terrific. THe larger one is the perfect size & depth for my plane ticket wallet, so I can get to my boarding passes, itineraries, etc. quickly & easily. And the smaller pocket on top is PERFECT PERFECT PERFECT for my SmartPhone!!! It is shallow enough that I don't have to dig deep for it, but deep enough not to fall out. Did I say it was perfect? The inside pockets, key fob, etc. are terrific, too. Room for everything organized. The handles are the right length to carry over the shoulder snugly, and don't cut in, or can be carried by hand and not hit the ground. Also love the water bottle holder. Overall, bag is not too big, not too small. High quality; well-made.

The ALMOST perfect part:: Two simple edits would make this bag a total dream come true:: 1) a large pocket on the back for a magazine or immediate file you're working on. and 2) a little handle along the bottom front edge so that you can hold onto & take some of the weight off the shoulder. I usually end up with my hand supporting the bottom to do that, but it slips & is awkward. This is a wonderful feature I have seen on expensive bags, but it is rarely used unfortunately. And it's so simple!

Thanks Jansport. You've almost got it! I highly recommend this bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars The search for the perfect school/laptop bag, still not over, January 16, 2011
This review is from: JanSport Ella Tote Core Series Tote (Apparel)
I bought this bag and used it for school all through fall semester 2010. I got a lot of complements on it and will continue to use the bag through spring semester 2011. I like the bag, but it does have its faults.

First the good parts, the front of the bag has 2 pockets, one is a zip pocket (I use if for small things like keys). Above that is another pocket that doesn't zip shut, but is just deep enough to hold something small without the item falling out. The side has a pocket that I've used for alternating sizes of water and soda bottles. Inside there is another small, mesh covered pocket that is the perfect size for floppies - I use it for one of my flash drives and a little Burts Bees lip gloss - because of the mesh I can see what's in there without hunting around in a deep pocket. On either side of the mesh zip pocket there are pen sleeves and a larger sleeve for the cell phone. There is also a key hook, but ultimately, my keys weighed too much and dragged down the top of the bag too much - it didn't break, but didn't work well for me, though it might work well for someone else.

Now for the bad parts, there are very few. First, this is touted as being a great laptop bag. I thought that would be great because I have had to bring my laptop to many of my graduate school classes. Problem, the pocket that is made for your laptop has only an extremely thin padding on the outside and the inside is not lined with anything - there is literally no protection at all for the laptop. So I appropriated a neoprene laptop sleeve from one of my other bags and put my 14 x 10 x 1 laptop in the bag. That's when the other issue cropped up. The bag is tall rather than wide so the laptop needs to go on its end in the laptop pocket. Once the laptop (and mine is not large) was placed in the bag, it dominated the bag allowing little room for the remainder of my belongings - with school that includes personal items (like my wallet) and notebooks as well a book needed for the particular class. I found that due to the laptop pocket issues I often found that I was carrying my laptop separately in the neoprene sleeve. This is not ideal. If the pocket was padded, at least on the outside, it would have eliminated the neoprene sleeve and may have helped with the stability of the bag on the whole.

So, the final analysis: I really like this bag, and will play with it some more in an effort to make it work better for me ... maybe by pairing down what I carry with me and maybe trying to trust the ultra thin lining on the outside of the bag to protect my laptop for short-term periods (class). Over the long haul, it is a great bag if you don't have a laptop to worry about or if you have a really, really small laptop (like a netbook).

4.0 out of 5 stars Holds everything, March 24, 2011
This bag is amazing. It has been designed keeping a woman in mind. The best feature, for me at least, is the small open compartment in the front where I usually put my keys and chap stick which are stuff I want to get to often with out opening my bag all the time. The inside of the bag is quite spacious with a separate section for your laptop. My only problem with this feature is that there is not enough padding to support my laptop, but I am guessing it works better for smaller laptops or an ipad.

In conclusion, I love this product as it is comfortable and a bottom-less pit...in a good way!

5.0 out of 5 stars So nice, I bought it twice...., January 18, 2011
I love this bag. I bought it originally as a "toddler bag" to transition from my huge diaper bag & liked it so much, I ended up buying a second one (in another color) for my work bag. I love the outside pockets - easy to access, but still secure to hold my keys, cellphone & iTouch. The inside is very spacious, but not bulky. It fits my laptop, plus tons of paperwork & it's comfortable to carry. It's a functional bag that's appealing to look at.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome diaper/travel/purse type bag, November 2, 2010
This tote comes in awesome patterns and black too of course.
Its the perfect size and shape w/plenty of correct sized pockets to be used as an Airline Carry-on or even to carry around as a Purse/Diaper Bag combo for the mom with a toddler that wants to branch out to a bag more "HER".
LOVE THE POCKETS! Handles are great for carrying in hand or on shoulder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for someone with too much to do, September 3, 2010
This review is from: JanSport Ella Tote Core Series Tote (Apparel)
I purchased this bag after using several other slightly more fashionable bags that, while they matched well with what I was wearing, couldn't hold up under the strain of everyday hard grad student use. I have class 3 nights a week plus 20 hours of graduate assistant research, all at a campus 40 minutes from home, so I essentially carry my entire life in my bags.

The bag itself is fabulous. Larger than it looks online, it has slightly cushioned straps that don't slide off your shoulder and spread the weight of a heavily-laden bag out a bit. The front has two pockets- one that is zippered and perfect for things you need to access quickly like pens, lotion, tissues, etc- I also use this pocket for my computer's power cord so it isn't rattling around in the main compartment. The second front pocket is just like a little pouch that is PERFECT for a cellphone, ipod, or both. On the side of the bag is a mesh pocket that fits normal sized water bottles or thinner nalgenes. It is also good for a travel mug so you aren't juggling a million things in your hands. Inside, the laptop pouch is not padded as other reviewers mentioned, but your computer should be in a padded case anyway. This is NOT a laptop bag- it's too multipurpose and a padded pouch would take up a lot of the room this little tote has to offer- and there's a deceptively large amount of room. I can carry two binders, a notebook, and several novel-sized class books without overburdening the bag or making it bulge. There's also a key clip inside and a second zippered pouch for a wallet. Another especially nice feature is that the bag itself zips closed so when I toss it about a bit in the car or the office, nothing goes flying out of it.

All in all, this bag works hard and stands up to abuse, is well-made, larger than it looks, and the black is neutral enough to be good-looking and professional with any outfit.

JanSport Ella Tote Core Series Tote