Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts for Her  Fine Art Deals Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals BestoftheYear Shop Now DOTD

on August 3, 2012
So, it's pretty good, not as pretty as pictured... It's the perfect size for mini-back pack purse, BUT the straps are SO rough! Putting it on & taking it off your back scratches bare arms up:( I did get at least one compliment by a fashionable female who thought it was cool and had a 'lacy' look to it. One thing to remember about Jansport is that they do back their products and will likely fix it for free should it break. I've been now using it for a month and I'm happy with it. It goes with most anything and has proven durable. However my arms do get strap burn from time to time, there is also no padding in the back, so you'll need to place flat items at the back of the backpack purse so you don't get poked in the back. Lastly, it's not as 'gray' as it appears, the pattern isn't as lovely as it appears in the pic either, since it's placement is just random, so the big flower you see on the front pocket in the pic, isn't there... the purse is a dark gray with a black design. Overall, it's doable, cute & I'm just hoping those sharp straps soften up a bit more, ouch!
on September 26, 2012
This is my 3rd Half Pint backpack, so I'm a happy customer. I use these as purses - one shoulder for normal use, and I lengthen the straps and use both shoulders when I'm shopping and want to use both hands. I like that it has 2 zippers on the main compartment, which makes it easier to get into and easy to find the opening. I use the front part for my phones, mirror and lipstick - easy & quick to get to. The little handle on the top is also nice when picking it up off the floor so that everything inside doesn't get displaced. I find that most of my things settle to the bottom leaving me with room to put small bags inside when I shop - again, leaving my hands free to use.

good size
front compartment for phone
can use one or two straps
2 zippers on the main compartment make it easy & fast to open
I like that they come out with new colors
It would fit a child, but I'm an adult happy customer
It can look juvenile if you pick the wrong color
I've picked the wrong color before. :)

To sum up: I'm an adult who uses this as my every day purse, and have for at least 5-6 years. I've never had one break or fail in any way, even with washing it about once per month. I'll buy another one soon.
on March 30, 2011
This half pint backpack is GREAT for when you only want to carry around essentials like your wallet, water bottle, and camera. My flip-flops actually fit into this bag along with my camera, cell phone, water bottle, and wallet! I'm extremely happy with this bag and I definitely recommend it.
on September 3, 2011
I ordered this backpack for my preschooler, who was delighted to receive it. It does fit her perfectly, the design is very fun. The straps are actually purple rather than the royal blue which shows on the photo, and the purple does look much better. It's durable and comes with Jansport's standard lifetime guarantee, which is fantastic.

Be advised that this is a really tiny backpack. A conventional cardboard folder will not fit in it at all, so I wouldn't advise this for any kids going off to kindergarten or above.

Still, it's the perfect size for a 3 year old and her first year of preschool, and she can use it to tote her clothes for overnights at Grandma's, as well. She'll outgrow it before she wears it out, and this particular color will hide the dirt very well!

Plus, it's so tiny that it's automatically ridiculously adorable, and every time our 3 year old walks around with it on, my husband and I cannot help dissolving into giggles. Seriously.
on August 1, 2013
I love this back pack. I don't like purses because they don't hold very much, unless you have a giant one, and then it hurts my shoulders because the single strap will not distribute the weight as evenly as a backpack. This one is stylish and holds more than you would expect. I get so many compliments and people asking me where I got this. Great buy. And JanSport is the name to go with for any backpack.
on July 6, 2011
I bought this for a trip to Disneyland with my family. It was great to store sunscreen, my wallet, camera & pain reliever. It wasn't big like a regular backapck - it was just perfect to stow a few things and not have to worry about getting a locker.
on July 29, 2015
I ordered this backpack for my 20 month old who was starting to show interest in carrying her own bag to and from daycare. The adult sized bag was, of course, way too big for her. For reference, she is small for her age (~24lbs, 30") and the bag is just barely too big on her. I let her carry it on the smallest strap setting and am careful not to fill it up (it would tilt her backward full). The bag sits just above her bottom. I love that the straps are infinity straps so that there is no hanging excess. Since I don't like cutesy kid stuff, most of the children's backpacks I found were less than desirable. There are a number of non-cutesy options on amazon for a range of prices. I ordered this one and a Fjallraven Kanken mini backpack to compare. I cannot deny that the Kanken is adorable and very light weight and feels like a durable bag. I also liked all the color options. The Kanken was twice the price of this one, but neither felt overpriced. I thought this one was a touch cuter b/c it reminded me of backpacks I carried as a school goer. I will likely add back a touch of "cute" by having grandma sew a patch over the 'Jansport' label. I do wish that there were more color options for this bag. I really wanted an apple or kelly green and could not track it down when I ordered this one. There was a Dickie's option in a nice bright green that I decided against purely on brand familiarity. The Dickie's mini backpack also gets great reviews. All in all, I'd recommend this bag to others and may very well buy it again for others.
on December 18, 2012
I have this is purple sky and it is almost blue. A blueish purple. Like the photo but more... HD. I'm happy because I actually love this color. People who wanted a bright purple might be disappointed.

I like the practicality and even weight distribution of backpacks, but don't like carrying around something clunky. Also, some stores won't let you in with a backpack unless you check it in at the counter! (Too many shoplifters I guess.) This mini backpack is the best ever. You get to carry it on your back with both shoulders so no risk of throwing off the balance of your body, and it is small so it is pretty light and doesn't make you feel like a camel. Also, little backpacks are great for events, dancing, theme parks and day trips. So basically, little backpacks mean FUN and if you see me with one on, it means I'm gonna have a fun time!

It can actually fit quite a bit. All the essentials (wallet, phone, keys) and a water bottle and even a thin sweater.

I just wish they still had the small zipper pocket instead of the useless 1cm strip of useless Velcro. I have an older one that has a small zip pocket in the front and it is actually a useful pocket.
on November 6, 2015
No one makes back-packs as sturdy and durable as Jansport. I love these mini's -- they are the perfect-sized day packs for me, a woman about 5'5" and slim. I can easily and comfortably carry a book, notebook, phone, wallet and water bottle in it. It sits nicely right in the middle of my back and I barely feel it when walking; the straps are strong and not too thick (I don't like the padded straps, I find them to bulky) and never dig into my shoulders.

I had one of these in red that lasted 10 years. I loved that back-pack and found it hard to replace. My first replacement for it was a cheap red-mini I found online for $10. It lasted about a month before it began to fray. I finally found this one, which was the brand and size I preferred and I am so glad. I've had it for about two months now and it went to Cambodia and back with me and was the perfect companion on day hikes. Highly recommended.
on June 30, 2014
I had purchased another one of these backpacks for my daughter to take to camp to carry around her "day stuff" while there (sunscreen, water bottle, etc). I bought this one for myself because I was going on a Mexico mission trip and wanted to be able to carry around some sunscreen, first aid materials, and a water bottle for the day. This was the perfect size for my needs.

My only con for this backpack is that it is made of a material that is very hot - durable, but hot! If you have to wear it for a long time in the heat, you may find that your back gets a bit toasty.

Other than that, I look forward to using my little backpack for years to come.