5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bag!
Published on September 15, 2010 by GRaborn

3.0 out of 5 stars Backpack
Published on July 25, 2006 by Jess

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bag!, September 15, 2010
This review is from: JanSport Spring Break Classics Series Daypack (Sports)
I bought this exact bag in the beginning of my 9th grade year in 1999. No joke, this bag lasted me 11 years and if it wasn't stolen out of my car, probably another 11. It made it through high school, college and everything else I needed it for. I wasn't upset my iPod was stolen, or the $80 cash, I was mad that my bookbag was! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. It will LAST you! Bought a new one today and I'm upset that it's gonna be 2021 before it's as comfortable as the old one :(

3.0 out of 5 stars Backpack, July 25, 2006
Jess (Nashville, TN) - See all my reviews
This is your pretty average backapack. I bought it for school, and when it arrived I realized it was much smaller than I anticipated (which is really my fault for not checking the dimensions). If you need a backpack that is functional and will carry a decent amount of books, I reccommend this product. However, if you are trying to carry around a library for school, which is what I'm having to do, I would look for something a bit bigger.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, December 23, 2011
This review is from: JanSport Spring Break Classics Series Daypack (Sports)
A couple of things to be aware of when purchasing this backpack: it is smaller. The straps are also slightly more narrow and shorter than a typical "adult" sized backpack. Its really difficult to tell from some of the photos. Its slightly smaller than the LL Bean Original Book Pack ( @ 1404 cu in for the LL Bean) and the straps are smaller.

Ive uploaded two photos, one comparing the webbed straps on the Jansport (black) and the LL Bean Deluxe Bookpack (print) so you can see the size difference.

This pack is the perfect size for me. It'll carry all of my essentials, a pair of sunglasses, a pair of reading glasses (which I have to carry these days) and two cell phones. It'll also carry my flip camera and a few misc extras. I didnt want the next larger pack because I knew that one would be too big to carry around day to day for things like shopping and going to the grocery store.

I'm an average sized adult woman (about 5'8") but I don't think this pack would work for someone much taller than I am. I adjust the straps all the way out and it hangs a little lower than my middle back. It would be shorter on someone much taller. The padding is also closer to the top of my shoulder than under my arm, which I like actually.

5.0 out of 5 stars A backpack that last!, April 1, 2009
J. Miller (Bayonne, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JanSport Spring Break Classics Series Daypack (Sports)
Well, let me start off by saing I am a mom of 3 school aged boys and one busy toddler. I purchased 11 Jansport backpacks and that was by no mistake.

My oldest son could use a mediocore book bag and make it last for a few years. My middle son, forget about it, he can go through 3 backpacks in one year. HUH, $20 here, $25 there, $20 again. One year, It looked as if my son had dragged his bookbag across the ground with his brothers skating on it, Or, lets say it looked as if it was tied under the bus with a watermelon in it and guess what it burned through the bag. YOu get the picture. This went on for 2 years. I wanted to make sure his next year wouldn't be the same. SO.... I thought, you want quality, and you don't want to pay an arm and a leg for it. HMMMM! $40 that's not bad, but will this bag last?

It's 2 months before the end of the school year, and I must say this backpack will last not just next year but for another 3 years to come. It looks brand new. I am so Proud of him, also myself for getting on the ball fast. The color of his is Hamster Brown, the material worried me because it doesn't seem like the same durable material like the older Jansport, Yet, it seems sturdy, able to take some damage and come out the winner. The straps are a little stiff at first but are quickly broken in, the back support is great and the simplicity of one front pocket and one big pocket makes it easy to locate items in your backpack. Being waterproof or atleast it seems to be, in the light rain, my kids books don't get wet. I couldn't ask for more in a bag.

My older son who isn't hard on bags is still taking care of his backpack and it looks marvelous. I'd say his could last another 5-6 years. The Color of his is Thai Pepper.

My little Man who is just a bud, also is great on bags, his backpack is looking marvelous as well at only 2 months left. Not a scratch or missing thread. His bag is Blue and Black and will last I am sure.

Being a Frugal MOM of four, I wanted a QUALITY bag that I was sure would last for more than one year. I remembered the quality bag I purchased for myself in HighSchool and Jansport was it's name. I feel blessed to be able to provide not only one of my boys with the same, but all of my boys with the name I love and trust on their backs. The other Bags, they are waiting for them. Hey I said I was frugal, I had coupons, so I stocked up. LOL!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Back Pack Yet, May 2, 2008
This review is from: JanSport Spring Break Classics Series Daypack (Sports)
I think this is the first back pack to last two whole school years! I bought this for my 8th grader. It's a good size, has roomy front pocket. Most importantly it has stood up to wear and tear very well. I will buy this again.

5.0 out of 5 stars small backpack, September 3, 2011
Looking for a small backpack with 2 compartments, this is it. The shipping was on time and my kid was happy with the smaller size backpack to carry less books.

3.0 out of 5 stars Child's Backpack, Grade's (1-5) only, September 19, 2010
They should say its for kids and too small for you average middle school, highschool, etc. payloads. Perfect for grade school, unfortunately i bought it fo a highschool student. It is too small for anything but the lower grades carrying a couple of books. but the quality is clearly Jansport, "awesome". Too bad, i own it and cannot use it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't beat this for a basic backpack, January 27, 2009
The kids wanted something basic, but durable. I wanted something inexpensive. We all got our way. Can't beat it for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD PRODUCT, STRONG AND STURDY, December 16, 2007
I ALWAYS USE BACKPACKS, AND ALWAYS SEEM TO STUFF THEM TO THE LIMIT. SO FAR, THIS ONE CAN TAKE THE PUNISHMENT! VERY WELL MADE, AND THE ZIPPERS HAVENT GOTTEN STUCK ON THE TEETH ONCE, ANOTHER PROBLEM I HAVE HAD WITH PREVIOUS BACKPACKS. AND, AS ALWAYS, FREE SHIPPING VIA MY AMAZON PRIME MEMBERSHIP MAKES IT A WONDERFUL DEAL.

2.0 out of 5 stars So small!!, August 5, 2009
This review is from: JanSport Spring Break Classics Series Daypack (Sports)
I'm sure this is a lovely, durable backpack but I had no idea it would be so small! I'm returning it and getting the superbreak jansport backpack instead to get a little more room. It would be nice to be able to see backpacks side by side or back to back in order to compare sizes. Also seeing them on people would be nice.

JanSport Spring Break Classics Series Daypack