1,503 Reviews
 (1,158)

945 of 1,000 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars They weren't lying when they said it was BIG
Customer Video Review     Length:: 6:03 Mins
This video shows you how many books I fit in my backpack!
Published on May 14, 2010 by Shellie Marie

3.0 out of 5 stars Wide, stiff straps don't work on small bodies
The straps on this backpack are very wide and very stiff. I find this uncomfortable. It might work better for somewone with a larger body, but I think that women and children would find the straps very uncomfortable.

On the other hand, the backpack seems to be made with quality materials. The color is pretty.
Published on September 29, 2005 by GJ

4.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied customer, July 28, 2013
The backpack is as described on the website, it is big and a lot of books can be put in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendous Jansport Quality, August 19, 2005
Brett Schmidt "El Jefe" (North Carolina (and proud of it)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: JanSport Big Student Classics Series Daypack (Luggage)
Jansport is THE brand in the backpack business. This backpack will not disappoint you. I have used this pack for months, and I am amazed by the durability of the fabric and zippers. Just overall good quality from Jansport. Not much of a surprise.

I particularly like the outside zippers, great for pens/pencils, my iPod, and cell phone. Well designed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nephew's JanSport Daypack, October 13, 2005
My nephew loved the daypack! He is a Freshman in high school and has to carry all his books with him all day since he doesn't have time to hit his locker in between classes. It's big enough to allow him to carry them as comfortably as possible! Thanks for the great product and the great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect student backpack, January 3, 2011
This review is from: JanSport Big Student Classics Series Daypack (Luggage)
I agree with others, my son at 12 in the 7th grade has an unnatural amount of books to carry to and from school. This is the first backpack I have found that fits it all including his flute. Great product! Lots of great colors to choose from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for middle school!, September 19, 2013
Kristina Cook (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Great backpack--perfect for my middle schooler. Enough room inside to fit 6 one-inch binders, plus other necessities. Lots of pockets and storage space, nice and sturdy, heavy fabric, and an adorable print. My daughter loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality back pack, July 25, 2013
Ordered this for my grandson for school this year. He loves it. Great quality and well made. The color is bold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality and super cute!, March 22, 2011
Love it! I fit so so much in this backpack (my huge 17" laptop, 3 textbooks, and all of my toiletries). It's held up now for over a semester. The white attracts dirt but it cleaned up very nicely in the washer! I still get compliments on it all the time. Not a fray on this thing after 5 months! Yup, love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars JanSport Big Student Backpack (Black), December 18, 2007
MS314 "avid Amazon shopper" (Boston, Massachusetts United States) - See all my reviews
Great backpack. Very sturdy, plenty of space, comfortable. This was for a friend and she loved it. I have the same one but in navy blue. I bought it to replace the same model I bought 11 years ago. One of the zippers -of the old one- finally gave in after 11 years of heavy use. Jansport is a great brand. If this backpack lasts as long as my previous one, I'm all set for a long while.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not well-made for the price, January 24, 2013
This review is from: JanSport Big Student Classics Series Daypack (Luggage)
The cons definitely outweigh the pros with this backpack. Amazingly, they have RAISED the price of this backpack from the original JanSport student backpack, yet the quality has gone down!

Here are some of the problems:

- The front zipper ripped after less than a month of use.

- There is absolutely NO protection on the bottom of the backpack. The original JanSport student backpack had a protective leather bottom, but I guess they decided to be cheap and get rid of that with this version. The bottom of my backpack is already starting to develop a small tear in the bottom, which I'm sure will only get worse with time.

- There's also no back padding. Therefore my books/laptop knock directly against my back while I walk. It's very irritating and uncomfortable.

- The shoulder straps are also incredibly uncomfortable. They should be more padded since this backpack is designed to hold a large amount. I have to take the backpack off while walking sometimes because it's so painful. The straps are also very slick material and tend to slip off my shoulders. A chest strap to connect the two shoulder straps would help a lot with this, but it doesn't come with that.

- The mesh water-bottle holder on the right side of the backpack is not deep enough to hold a Nalgene bottle. It ends up falling out while you walk. Also, since the holder is only on one side, the backpack feels uneven if you put a water bottle in it. There should be a mesh water bottle holder on both sides of the backpack for balance.

In conclusion, I would not recommend buying this product. I have had much better backpacks that I bought from Target or Walmart for very cheap. This thing is a piece of crap and it's WAY overpriced.

5.0 out of 5 stars NICE BACKPACK !!!, August 3, 2013
Firefly (Out in the middle of nowhere.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
My daughter is going off to college and she picked out this backpack. It is really pretty and comfortable.It will hold a lot of books and has lots of compartments and pockets.Their is a place for her waterbottle too so she is happy.It looks sturdy to me so I am happy too !

JanSport Big Student Classics Series Daypack