Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Color: Black/White Smoke Screen|Change
Price:$18.00 - $123.00

on August 4, 2009
I've been using this bag for my commute now for about 2.5 weeks. And I have to say, so far I've been pleased with it, except for one afternoon when we got a torential downpour. The backpack is not waterproof, but I knew this before purchasing, so it's more of an observation rather than a complaint. This bag doesn't repel water much at all, and almost all of my stuff in my bag was socking wet after 15 minutes of waiting for my bus in the rain. However, during a mist or a light sprinkle, this bag is great.

I've been a fan of Jansport bags since I was little, and they have lasted me through middle school, high school, and college, and one bag had even lasted through 9 months traveling through Europe.

I chose this bag because of it's design. I wanted something simple and black, without a lot of doodads attatched to it. The front pocket is quite spacious and holds my (very fat) wallet, phone, iPod, keys, pressed power compact and a few other things. The main compartment holds my stuffed travel pillow (which does not compress down at all) an 6" x 8" x 3" hardcase lunchbox, my Kindle, makeup bag, folders and paper I carry back and forth, and when I'm not carrying my Kindle, a book, and a water bottle. My only complaint really about this bag is the lack of an outer water bottle pocket. I always have a liquid on me (I can't tell you how many times that's saved me on delayed trains) and I like it easily accessible. However, with this bag, I either have to hand carry it, or put it in my bag. This is a problem in the mornings as my bottle comes out of my fridge, and by the time I get to work, the condensation has made things in my bag damp. The lack of a water bottle pocket is the only reason this bag will not be making the cut for my back packing trip through Eastern Europe next spring. Instead, I'll be taking my other Jansport bag that's larger and a bit heavier, but has 2 outer water bottle pockets.

Overall a great bag, as long as you don't take it into the elements, and you don't mind not having your water bottle immediately accessible.
on January 3, 2007
It's gotta be good if 4 months of school passed and there are no rips, tears or broken zippers...especially if it belongs to one of my kids!
on November 9, 2006
In these days and times backpacks, bookbags, etc have become so outlandish. This is a classically styled all american backpack. No bells, no whistles, just a good ole standbye bag! Hard to find now-a-days.
11 comment|144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2005
This bookbag is amazing. i love the whole look of it, and the style, and the fact that it can hold a lot of my books and papers and what not. It's great..thanks amazon for the speedy delivery too.
on May 23, 2015
Came in dirty,smelly,folded badly,and is flimsy with many problems.
Also, it is darker more saturated than the photos and the back buckles are not even connected.
It took a long time to come too.
I have photographs to show everything i just stated.
55 comments|53 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2015
I purchased 6 of these backpacks less than one year ago. The straps ripped quickly with two of the bags and holes started forming in the others. We shipped to JanSport since they have a lifetime warranty and were informed that the bags were counterfeit. Don't buy them!!
on April 2, 2013
Unfortunately, I believe that the backpack I received was not a true JanSport backpack. I believe it to be an imitation. After doing some research online there were several tell tale signs that indicated that it was not a real JanSport backpack. The pocket zipper, zipped in the opposite direction of an original, it was slightly smaller in size, the fabric was not the same and it did not have the "YKK" lettering on the inside of the zipper. Very disappointed.
on July 7, 2015
I've been using Jan Sport backpacks my entire life. My first one was in elementary school and now I'm 21. The problem I have has been consistent throughout all of the backpacks by Jan sport I've owned and that is the zipper getting caught on the over hanging cloth that opens the zipper. Usually you can pull it out without damaging it but this time it's completely stuck on the lip and the zipper actually seperated from the other side making this backpack completely useless. I don't usually write bad reviews but I'm on a deployment and I don't have time for trash like this to happen. I don't have time to return the product. I don't have time to wait a month for another one to make it over seas to me. It seems like a problem that could easily be fixed with a little thought put into the design.
review image review image
on April 25, 2015
This is a counterfeit product. The backpack broke after 6 months and when it was sent to JanSport for repair, JanSport notified us that the backpack was counterfeit and not under warranty.
on September 30, 2006
I love this bag because it is light and roomy. However after laying it on the concrete a few times, it has 2 small holes at the bottom because the bag is so thin. I got my money's worth, but will look for something with a leather bottom if you lay your bag on the ground at all.
33 comments|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse