Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on June 23, 2015
I purchased 6 of these backpacks less than one year ago. The straps ripped quickly with two of the bags and holes started forming in the others. We shipped to JanSport since they have a lifetime warranty and were informed that the bags were counterfeit. Don't buy them!!
on September 30, 2006
I love this bag because it is light and roomy. However after laying it on the concrete a few times, it has 2 small holes at the bottom because the bag is so thin. I got my money's worth, but will look for something with a leather bottom if you lay your bag on the ground at all.
33 comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 3, 2006
works as advertized. the only drawback is its lack of pockets. its got just the one pocket with an inner pocket. not a big deal to me but for some it might be a problem. its simplicity is a strength and also a weakness i guess.
on January 27, 2015
I purchased this bag fully believing that I was buying an authentic Jansport bag. The bag tore about 5 months after I purchased and I sent to Jansport under their Lifetime warranty. They sent the bag back to me with a letter indicating that the product was counterfeit. Very disappointed with my purchase!
on November 23, 2015
Great backpack ! Pretty bright colors, useful front pocket to put my pencils and my phone in. Very big inside , will fit books and a lap top. Feel like a good quality back pack, highly satisfied so far
review image
on September 8, 2013
It worked great for about a week and then the zippers started to get stuck, eventually they became very stuck and wasnt able to fix them without breaking them.
on December 27, 2012
Blue Backpack - Haiku of Praise:

Like clouds of canvas
Bag that floats upon my back
Holds all of my stuff
on July 30, 2012
I've owned 3 JanSport classic backpacks and have different usages for each one: school, exercise, and travel.

SCHOOL: Before I had a car, I had to stuff all of my books and school supplies in my backpack for the entire school day, and somehow after 2 years of hauling over 25 lbs of stuff every day, my backpack is still in great condition--I'm still using that same one for school now (...so it's been about 4 years). There's a flap in the smaller compartment that lets you put pens and smaller items inside. The best part of it all: the backpack is water resistant. Since I didn't have a car, I had to walk in the rain a lot, and while the outside of my backpack has been soaked, my stuff inside still stays dry.

EXERCISE: I use this backpack for hiking and for my workout stuff: Feiyue Martial Arts Shoes,Neutrogena sunblock,Secret deodorant, sunglasses, tissue, hand towel, water bottle, sweater, cell phone, keys, and wallet. What's cool is that this backpack itself isn't very bulky unless if you stuff it, so I actually like this better than the backpacks from Big 5 or Sports Authority--those ones are big and bulky even when they're empty! Again, it's water resistant, so no worries if you accidentally spill water or sweat all over it.

TRAVEL: I've had this one for about 7 years, and it's slightly different from the other two such that the zippers open all the way down instead of halfway. Thus, it's my perfect travel backpack because I can put my folded clothes, shoes, toiletries, and other travel stuff in it. It's perfect for a short weekend trip or for an overnight stay, when a full-on luggage case or duffle bag isn't necessary.

All 3 of my JanSport backpacks have gotten really dirty from everyday use over the years, so I tossed them into my washing machine under the delicate cycle and let them air dry. They came out good as new and have thoroughly convinced me that I will be getting another JanSport should I need another backpack.

If you're still thinking about whether the JanSport Classic fits your needs, think no more. The quality and design of this backpack won't fail you. It'll last you a long time (given you don't abuse it) and won't go out of style--there's so many different colors and designs to choose from among the Classic SuperBreak line itself, so you don't have to get the plain black one that almost every student has. But do yourself a favor and don't buy it for $40 at the mall--I got all 3 of mine at Ross for less than $15.
on September 1, 2015
Bought this backpack for my daughter. SHe loves Jansport and so do we. They have been tested and proven to be very durable and sturdy despite all the abuse they get from kids. My daughter has tossed her backpack around, kicked them, dropped them, sat on them and pulled on them but they still survive. It is nice to know that everytime we get a new color, it just adds on to her collection. I am very happy with this purchase. It is well worth the money to buy a good quality backpack that you know will last a very long time.
Delivery was fast. Came on the promised date. Well packaged with no damages. Product is what we expected.
Will keep buying Jansport until we need them.
on June 27, 2014
I ordered this backpack in Viking Red which is like a dark red and I am in love with the color!

I have always used a Jansport backpack for school and they are perfect! But last year I decided I wanted to try something new so I bought a Herschel backpack. Unfortunately, with the load of classes I was taking, the Herschel I bought was too small. But when I compare the material of the Herschel to the Jansport, the Jansport seemed so cheap. I thought maybe it was a fake one, I am still not sure, I even tried comparing it to my brothers used Jansport. My sister says I just need to break it in.

This backpack though has that classic Jansport look and I love it. Has always fit all the books I need and can hold the weight. I can't wait to break it in this fall semester. My only complaint is that I wish they would make the material thicker and more durable like the Herschel backpack. (Jansport seems like its made with one layer and the Herschel is made with 5 layers).

Overall, I am happy with the color, hoping its not fake, this is my first time getting a Jansport backpack from Amazon. I usually buy mine in stores. (Tilly's)