JanSport Covert Backpack, Black
Size Name: OSColor Name: BlackChange
Price:$67.00 - $77.00

When I was looking for a backpack for my midleschooler I asked her what did she need to fit in there and she listed:
- one 15" - 17" laptop;
- two big two ring binders;
- 1-2 textbooks (the science and math books are really big);
- pencil case;
- snack box;
- water bottle;
- possibly PE clothes or any way a change but I begged her not to pretend to also fit the PE shoes in there.

I any way was a little skeptical I would ever be able to find any thing as big as she wanted it to be and when I was reading specifications of this backpack I was happy but, as I said before, also a little skeptical. Well, it arrived and since still in the box it really looked big, much bigger then it looked on the web.

It fits all!! I was very happy. Two weeks have passed only since my daughter is using it but she is telling me daily how much she likes it.
- It has enough space for all she needs to fit in there.
- It has many compartments;
- Even the pockets are big enough and with enough separations to contain many different stuff.
- Padded enough, the computer sleeve but also the back part (I probably would have preferred a bit more padding there but my daughter doesn't agree. She said more padding make the bag look more voluminous;
- One of the things we like a lot is the way the straps in the back allow for it to be also hanged in hooks at school or elsewhere;
- The color and design is really beautiful (blue + turquoise + black squares, like Scottish pattern);
It is so nice that she decided to take this as hand baggage in trips. I am really happy with this item.
on September 21, 2012
Verified Purchase
I've been trying to replace my 11-year old mesh backpack made by Jansport. My mesh backpack was simply amazing and, thus, the reason why it has been with me for so many years. Sadly, it was now time to replace it so I started looking for a new mesh backpack. My old one had 2 compartments and the new one, that Jansport makes, only has 1 so it was a no-go.

When I saw this backpack I noticed it fitted more than my mesh backpack while still looking slick and it had a laptop compartment so I ordered it thru Amazon. It just arrived and I was eager to try it.

My first complain is that the backpack arrived with a cut on the side, so it was already damaged. I then proceeded to load it with what I would normally load it with: laptop, camera, lenses, and notebook. To my surprise the material of the backpack is super cheap, and not of good quality. Additionally, the strap on the top put a ton of pressure on your neck so that the weight of the stuff in your backpack doesn't rest on your shoulder but your neck.

That said, I'm returning this backpack ASAP.

:( Bad, bad Jansport.
on December 28, 2012
Size Name: OSColor Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Roomy, nice styling, and so far, sturdy. My husband packs it full with a water jug, lunch containers, etc. This is a workhorse.
on November 16, 2012
Color Name: Red Riff Bomber PlaidVerified Purchase
I love this backpack! It's sturdy and comes exactly as described! I truly enjoy the cushion on the straps, seeing that they are both soft and durable.
on September 23, 2014
Size Name: 12.6 x 8.7 x 18.9 inchesColor Name: Black/Rasta London PlaidVerified Purchase
I bought this for my 15 year old son. He routinely carries multiple books and binders back and forth to school and he's not exactly gentle! This bag is good looking and durable.
on August 14, 2014
Size Name: osfaColor Name: Pink Prep Hippy SkipVerified Purchase
Great fun backpack for school! It's got several places to keep items separate as needed and yet fun and sporty at the same time