Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 2005 Jana Winery Napa Valley Cathedral Cabernet Sauvignon 750 mL
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

100%

on November 9, 2012
Have had about 4 bottles of this now, and it's quite memorable stuff. First, this wine presents like few others. The bottle is tall, broad-shouldered, and thin on bottom. The cork comes out smoothly and always has a thick layer of darkest ruby on the bottom. Guests are never unimpressed. You'll be tempted to keep the bottles just for how lovely they look.

On first pop, the Cathedral is pretty alcoholic and very floral. Unmistakable California stuff, here. Even a few minutes' of time to open and things evolve into chocolate and cherries, eventually yielding to all manner of fruit after an hour. The floral notes never abate, but thankfully the acid and booze do. There's some nice, ashey oak on the end of things, even getting a bit piquant and minty on the finish. Dark, dark ruby in the glass.

Having found these at around $35/bottle, it's a hands-down QPR winner. At over $60, a little less so. I'd not hesitate to grab one for special occasions, though, especially for fans of New World reds. 90 points, 92 if you take presentation into account.
on September 2, 2015
We have several bottles left of this beautiful Napa Valley Cabernet and cherish every drop. If we serve this wine with our dinner, our friends know they are in for a treat! Thanks for making this accessible wherever we are - it is a wine we try to never run out of. Thank goodness there is still some in the pipeline! Cheers to Amazon!
on October 22, 2013
I'm not alone in loving this wine. It was just named Best Cabernet Sauvignon by Gayot.com! It's complex and the finish is amazing. I also love the story behind the wine...apparently the wine is named Cathedral for Cathedral Rock in Sedona, Arizona, because that is where the winemaker, Scott Harvey,
proposed marriage to his wife, Jana.
on August 22, 2013
Exciting Old World Style Cab that is the perfect accompaniment to dark meats - particularly duck and lamb. Doesn't overpower food, but plays seductively on the tongue between bites. A great wine to cellar and enjoy in a few years.
on September 7, 2015
I wish I could give it a lower review, if only so I can keep ordering and hoarding for myself. Trust me people. The Cathedral is a fantastic wine, and the staff from the winery are 5 Star as well.