5.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to be a senior to enjoy this DVD
Published on October 17, 2011 by Lee Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit challenging for people with two left feet!
I have never been a dancer. However, dancing always looked fun, and I wanted to try this DVD thinking that since it's designed for the "older" generation, there might be detailed instructions on the steps and proper form.
While Jane Fonda DOES do a good job of explaining the steps and reminding us of our posture, she is doing so AS SHE IS PERFORMING the routine...
Published on December 28, 2011 by singer55

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't have to be a senior to enjoy this DVD, October 17, 2011
Lee Taylor (Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Firm & Burn Low Impact Cardio (DVD)
I used to love doing aerobics and jazzercize, but I've found that too many dance-related DVDs require a bigger learning curve than I want to commit to. Much of it is hip-hop or Latin, the instructors rush you through the instructions, and I worry that I'll hurt myself as I try to keep up with steps that sometimes don't seem very healthy to start with. (Granted, I could master them if I stuck with it, but I have a big collection of exercise DVDs, and I rarely do the same one twice in a row.)

I love Leslie Sansone, but sometimes I just want a little more variety.

I've only done the warmup and the first routine here so far. I found Jane's workout to have more in common with Leslie's DVDs than the usual dance ones because it's easy to follow and uses some of the same basic moves. However, there are some fun variations, too. There's enough repetition that you can zone out to a degree (which I think is important for stress relief), but then she changes it up, so you do need to keep on your toes.

I anticipate using this DVD often as a break from the walking DVDs.

And having a live band on premises is a fun change from the other workouts!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jane Fonda did it again, October 7, 2011
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Firm & Burn Low Impact Cardio (DVD)
It is interesting! Much of this video is the same as her older videos, but with more conservative moves which are great if you are starting to get into shape or older. As always, she is encouraging. Product in perfect condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Three fun and easy dance workouts, December 24, 2011
Peter Tsang (Rhode Island, New England, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Firm & Burn Low Impact Cardio (DVD)
Jane Fonda's Low Impact Cardio contains three dance workouts. I enjoyed these light and fun dance based moves which are easy to follow. Ms. Fonda explains the steps clearly. I occasionally missed a few steps, but I just kept moving my body. Ms. Fonda dances with four women and one man, of various age levels. You may do the whole workout or choose which segments to follow. A live band plays pleasant, fun, and enjoyable music.

Total workout time (49:09)

Warm-Up (4:56) Light moves
Doo-Wop (12:48)
Latin (10:44)
Old-School Funk (12:19)
Cool-Down (8:32) Stretches, light moves, and balance work

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow workout!, October 12, 2011
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Firm & Burn Low Impact Cardio (DVD)
Great workout for seniors. Enjoy being able to follow along with Jane and get my daily workout at home. Had rented this from the library but now I have it at home and able to work out with Jane daily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Jane!, September 19, 2011
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Firm & Burn Low Impact Cardio (DVD)
I don't know why Target has this DVD early, but they do and I picked it up on Friday. It reminds me so much of Jane's original workouts. I love the class setting and the music. It's a fun workout and if you liked her earlier workouts, you'll enjoy this one, too!

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit challenging for people with two left feet!, December 28, 2011
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Firm & Burn Low Impact Cardio (DVD)
I would like to have seen a section of the DVD devoted to explaining each step -- slowly -- with proper form explained.
Oh, I'm sure that with time I'll get better; however, since this was supposed to be designed for an older generation, I would think that teaching the steps and proper form to avoid an injury would have been of utmost importance.
Also, she says, "From the top" quite a bit and I can't figure out what the "top" is because I was so focused on getting the steps down and keeping proper posture that I couldn't remember where we started.
Again, I'm sure I'll get better with time and may come to enjoy this DVD more. If so, I'll revise my review and up the stars. But, for now, I think it's only worth 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fun workout!, January 2, 2012
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Firm & Burn Low Impact Cardio (DVD)
I worked out with Jane in my 30s and 40s but after age 50 I let myself go and gained 30 lbs. I lost that weight over the past 6 months by walking 10,000 steps a day on my treadmill. Boring but effective. Santa brought this tape and I just completed it for the first time. Fun and doable in spite of my 61 year old body. In the extras Jane provides a 10 minute meditation with breathing exercises. Wonderful!

Younger exercisers may not find this to be difficult enough but there are lots of Programs for them. This tape is perfect for those of us who are looking to stay fit and fabulous in our "Third Act" and beyond.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jane Fonda Firm and Burn, August 25, 2011
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Firm & Burn Low Impact Cardio (DVD)
I learned of this video from reading her book: Prime Time. I can't put this book down. I am not anywhere near 73 years old, but since she is a movie star, her opportunity to interview so many experts, on so many things, makes this book a wealth of information. Also, I will be having knee surgery soon, and am looking for a home workout routine to get back to my gym self, and a video from a 20 year old, jumping up and down, is not what I was looking for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Would highly recommend Jane Fonda's Firm & Burn, March 31, 2013
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Firm & Burn Low Impact Cardio (DVD)
I am 64 and new to exercise dvds. I have purchased a variety in the past 6 months and find that I exercise to Jane Fonda's more than any others. "Firm & Burn" provides a very good workout when I have the energy for it. "Walk Out" is less intense. "AM PM Yoga" and "Fit & Strong" are my choice at the end of the work week when energy is low. "Trim, Tone and Flex" is also good. I enjoy Jane's low keyed style, advice on health issues and choice of music. I used to have to force myself to exercise and now look forward to it. If Jane keeps creating exercise dvds, I will continue buying them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jane Fonda Prime Time,Firm and Burn, January 29, 2012
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Firm & Burn Low Impact Cardio (DVD)
I'm loving the Jane Fonda Prime time Firm and Burn Impact Cardio.
At 79 years of age I didn't want to get an exercize video I couldn't keep up with.
Being able to do short or longer sessions is a big help in getting started, at this point I am doing the warm up, the first exercize session and then cool down.
I can slow my pace whenever I want and speed up when I feel I'm able too. With time and sticking to it I hope to be able to complete the whole session which is a goal to shoot for.
I love the music as well.
I would reccomend this video to anyone but especially to us seniors.

Jane Fonda Prime Time: Firm & Burn Low Impact Cardio