Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on October 17, 2011
I used to love doing aerobics and jazzercize, but I've found that too many dance-related DVDs require a bigger learning curve than I want to commit to. Much of it is hip-hop or Latin, the instructors rush you through the instructions, and I worry that I'll hurt myself as I try to keep up with steps that sometimes don't seem very healthy to start with. (Granted, I could master them if I stuck with it, but I have a big collection of exercise DVDs, and I rarely do the same one twice in a row.)

I love Leslie Sansone, but sometimes I just want a little more variety.

I've only done the warmup and the first routine here so far. I found Jane's workout to have more in common with Leslie's DVDs than the usual dance ones because it's easy to follow and uses some of the same basic moves. However, there are some fun variations, too. There's enough repetition that you can zone out to a degree (which I think is important for stress relief), but then she changes it up, so you do need to keep on your toes.

I anticipate using this DVD often as a break from the walking DVDs.

And having a live band on premises is a fun change from the other workouts!
11 comment| 238 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 24, 2011
Jane Fonda's Low Impact Cardio contains three dance workouts. I enjoyed these light and fun dance based moves which are easy to follow. Ms. Fonda explains the steps clearly. I occasionally missed a few steps, but I just kept moving my body. Ms. Fonda dances with four women and one man, of various age levels. You may do the whole workout or choose which segments to follow. A live band plays pleasant, fun, and enjoyable music.

Total workout time (49:09)

Warm-Up (4:56) Light moves
Doo-Wop (12:48)
Latin (10:44)
Old-School Funk (12:19)
Cool-Down (8:32) Stretches, light moves, and balance work
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 7, 2011
It is interesting! Much of this video is the same as her older videos, but with more conservative moves which are great if you are starting to get into shape or older. As always, she is encouraging. Product in perfect condition.
on October 12, 2011
Great workout for seniors. Enjoy being able to follow along with Jane and get my daily workout at home. Had rented this from the library but now I have it at home and able to work out with Jane daily.
on January 2, 2012
I worked out with Jane in my 30s and 40s but after age 50 I let myself go and gained 30 lbs. I lost that weight over the past 6 months by walking 10,000 steps a day on my treadmill. Boring but effective. Santa brought this tape and I just completed it for the first time. Fun and doable in spite of my 61 year old body. In the extras Jane provides a 10 minute meditation with breathing exercises. Wonderful!

Younger exercisers may not find this to be difficult enough but there are lots of Programs for them. This tape is perfect for those of us who are looking to stay fit and fabulous in our "Third Act" and beyond.
on December 28, 2011
I have never been a dancer. However, dancing always looked fun, and I wanted to try this DVD thinking that since it's designed for the "older" generation, there might be detailed instructions on the steps and proper form.
While Jane Fonda DOES do a good job of explaining the steps and reminding us of our posture, she is doing so AS SHE IS PERFORMING the routine.
I would like to have seen a section of the DVD devoted to explaining each step -- slowly -- with proper form explained.
Oh, I'm sure that with time I'll get better; however, since this was supposed to be designed for an older generation, I would think that teaching the steps and proper form to avoid an injury would have been of utmost importance.
Also, she says, "From the top" quite a bit and I can't figure out what the "top" is because I was so focused on getting the steps down and keeping proper posture that I couldn't remember where we started.
Again, I'm sure I'll get better with time and may come to enjoy this DVD more. If so, I'll revise my review and up the stars. But, for now, I think it's only worth 3 stars.
66 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2013
I am 64 and new to exercise dvds. I have purchased a variety in the past 6 months and find that I exercise to Jane Fonda's more than any others. "Firm & Burn" provides a very good workout when I have the energy for it. "Walk Out" is less intense. "AM PM Yoga" and "Fit & Strong" are my choice at the end of the work week when energy is low. "Trim, Tone and Flex" is also good. I enjoy Jane's low keyed style, advice on health issues and choice of music. I used to have to force myself to exercise and now look forward to it. If Jane keeps creating exercise dvds, I will continue buying them.
on September 19, 2011
I don't know why Target has this DVD early, but they do and I picked it up on Friday. It reminds me so much of Jane's original workouts. I love the class setting and the music. It's a fun workout and if you liked her earlier workouts, you'll enjoy this one, too!
22 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2011
I learned of this video from reading her book: Prime Time. I can't put this book down. I am not anywhere near 73 years old, but since she is a movie star, her opportunity to interview so many experts, on so many things, makes this book a wealth of information. Also, I will be having knee surgery soon, and am looking for a home workout routine to get back to my gym self, and a video from a 20 year old, jumping up and down, is not what I was looking for.
22 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2012
I'm loving the Jane Fonda Prime time Firm and Burn Impact Cardio.
At 79 years of age I didn't want to get an exercize video I couldn't keep up with.
Being able to do short or longer sessions is a big help in getting started, at this point I am doing the warm up, the first exercize session and then cool down.
I can slow my pace whenever I want and speed up when I feel I'm able too. With time and sticking to it I hope to be able to complete the whole session which is a goal to shoot for.
I love the music as well.
I would reccomend this video to anyone but especially to us seniors.