5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Jane!
I am 51 yrs old, have developed arthritis, weak muscles, and can't walk up the stairs to my apartment (16 steps) with out being out breath. I have had enough with my laziness!

Published on December 14, 2011 by Elena

3.0 out of 5 stars Jane Fonda
Not bad for folks that can't do full out aerobics, it's an ok workout. Jane Fonda is quite fit for her age.
Published on November 18, 2012 by bld

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Jane!, December 14, 2011
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Trim, Tone & Flex (DVD)

I purchased this video on Amazon Prime Video with my Roku box. I tried both, the upper and lower workout in one session and was amazed how in poor shape I have really become. I will be working out with Jane three evenings a week using this video. She has a sense of humor and is inspiring for any senior or pre-senior (like me) that wants to start exercising. It seems like you are actually there with her working out. It is 45 minutes of moves that your body and muscles actually feel, without the expense of having to pay monthly gym fees, or using your precious gas and time to get to a gym. After you finish you can do want you need to do in the comfort of your home!

You will need:

1. pair of small dumbbells - (a weight that you can use for 45 min) I have them at 5 lbs each and will work up to 9 lbs over the next few weeks
2. small chair (that is stable)
3. yoga mat
4. simple hand towel (thin and long) for stretching

Cheer to older people in pursuit of better health and physical fitness!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 basic & light workouts for the graceful, December 24, 2011
Peter Tsang (Rhode Island, New England, USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Trim, Tone & Flex (DVD)
"Jane Fonda Prime Time: Trim, Tone, & Flex" DVD contains an upper body and a lower body workout. It is designed for those who are at a graceful age. The idea is to maintain muscle and bone integrity, flexibility, prevent arthritis, to keep mental clarity, to improve balance and other health goals. Ms. Fonda works with three other graceful ladies through moderately paced, light and gentle basic workouts. For some people, these are light or beginning workouts. Light dumbbells, a chair, and a mat are the equipment needed.

Upper body workout (about 24 minutes)
Warm-up
Superman
Modified push-up
Plank
Stretches

Lower body workout (about 17 minutes)
Ankle, leg warm-up, shin work
Up and down the chair
Calf raise
Squat
Squat hold with front raise
Lunge
Hamstring curl, to rear work
Knee work
Stretches

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep em coming,Jane, December 17, 2011
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Trim, Tone & Flex (DVD)
I've been "doing Jane" since the first routine came out on vinyl. I have all 4 of the latest DVD's since she came out with them in her Prime time. Way to go again,Jane.
I've always kind of felt like Jane was my functional big sister. So encouraging and positive. I'm 60 and now feel that I'm older than Jane. My goal is to become her little sister again. I look forward to my exercises with these DVD's.

5.0 out of 5 stars fibromom, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Trim, Tone & Flex (DVD)
I have enjoyed exercise all my life. However, for the last 14 years I've had fibromyalgia and have been limited in the exercise I can do. Most exercise programs are "doable", but the backlash of pain hasn't been worth it. I've always enjoyed Jane Fonda tapes, so even though I'm only 51, I got these tapes for seniors. Plus, I'm unable to work full-time, and in this economy I choose not to join an expensive gym. This was the perfect solution and I love it! It gets my heart rate up, tones me, makes me smile, and doesn't give me any residual pain. Thanks, Jane!

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific!, January 7, 2012
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Trim, Tone & Flex (DVD)
Jane Fonda has "hit the nail on the head" with her latest two videos geared to the older person.
Every part of the body is worked, and yet for the "older" person, it is not too demanding or too
hurtful to one's knees and hips, if they are slightly arthritic, as are mine. I strongly recommend
them to anyone who is 70 or older.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this video!, August 3, 2012
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Trim, Tone & Flex (DVD)
I purchased Jane Fonda Prime Time: Trim, Tone & Flex and Jane Fonda Prime Time: Firm & Burn Low Impact Cardio CDs at the same time. So glad I did. I have been alternating the videos, which are very different.
I selected the full 40 minutes of workout time on each video and realized how out of shape I was. Firm & Burn Low Impact Cardio was the toughest. Perspiration was running down the sides of my face along with a full body sweat. Phew! Trim Tone & Flex truly works most muscles in the upper and lower body. I can tell which muscles are the strongest or weakest. I am definitely on my way to a healthier me.
Thanks Jane for thinking of people that are really out of shape or need to bounce back from a health issue! These videos fit both.
Amazon is a great online store to work with. Received my products intact and new. My favorite store online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jane's great, March 9, 2012
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Trim, Tone & Flex (DVD)
I really love JF's DVDs. She's makes the steps very easy to follow. I'm 65 not overweight but I let myself go in the tone and muscle areas. I've been using her DVDs for a little over a month and already notice greater flexability and balance. Definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jnae Fonda Prime Time, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Trim, Tone & Flex (DVD)
At first I thought this excercise video was going to be too easy but it really does give you an arobic workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jane Fonda Extra Lite, November 12, 2012
The sexy Jane Fonda of my 80s workout tape - resplendent in her leopard unitard - has morphed into a well-preserved, but still elderly, woman in a demure yoga outfit. The women working out with her no longer are reed-thin, sporting bright leotards, leg warmers and big hair. Instead, rather stocky women with sensible haircuts and loose gear follow Jane as she gently leads us through movements to help prevent arthritis and strengthen joints.

How times have changed ...

She discusses why strengthening certain muscles will help keep our knees intact, and urges us to pretend we're backing a car out of the driveway as we swivel sideways to stretch our obliques. At first, I rolled my eyes as I started, thinking it would be a total waste of time. But guess what? I was wrong!

Her voice is as familiar to me as my sister's - after all, how many hundreds of hours have we spent together over the years? She still reminds us to straighten our backs and to breathe. She counts out the reps and keeps up a positive patter as we bend and stretch. The routines are easy, but I definitely feel a burn and, to be honest, I emerge more energized and spirited after a session. Working out with Jane is like working out with a familiar friend. As I exercise my arms and lengthen my back, it's reassuring to know that we are all in this aging thing together - and it's a great way to start the day.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jane Fonda Tone & Trim, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Jane Fonda Prime Time: Trim, Tone & Flex (DVD)
This is a good DVD to tone and trim your muscles. It gives you the choice of working your upper body or your lower body at different times or all at one time. It provides gentle exercise but also giving you a good workout.

Jane Fonda Prime Time: Trim, Tone & Flex