Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jane Lynch - October 9, 2010 (Edited Episode)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 24, 2011
Can I tell you how disappointed I was when I downloaded this episode of the season finalae of saturday night live, and the Justine Timberlake and Lady GaGa skit was omitted. OMG! That was one of the highlights of the show. I don't know who made the decision to sell this episode without including that skit, but had I known, I would never have wasted my money! The only reason I am giving it 3 stars is because the episode was still pretty good considering. So, buyer beware! There is no Justine Timberlake and Lady GaGa skit like on the original airing! Sooooooo disappointed!!!!
on May 27, 2011
I love to see JT on SNL and Lady Gaga addition this round was great. There are a lot of funny skits but its missing the one that made me buy ... liquorville where JT is dressed as a liquor bottle playing off of omeletteville, homelessville, and plasticville.
on January 7, 2013
the shows are edited. I bought one episode of elton john, he was great did not get to see him perform with leon russel as that was edited out :( sadly I had to be bombared by 20 minutes of irratating snl news. how I miss chevy
There is no getting away from the fact that sheer star power can make an enormous difference to how good or not SNL is on any Saturday night. When Oscar caliber actors, who do both comedy and drama well, host the show, it is an unbeatable combo. And, of course, Jeff Bridges can also sing and play musical instruments, which he also did on this episode. In a word, he was fabulous. I even liked him better than Robert DeNiro who did the episode the week before his.

i do not like rap music much. I rarely listen to it. However, I must say that Eminem does have real performance ability. He came onto that stage and did three of his own numbers and he was terrific. He and Bridges make a good pairing because both of them can take a stage and totally command and control it. There was a small guy performing with Eminem who was also quite good but I never did catch his name. He was also a great addition to the lineup.

Bridges was great in every sketch he was put into by the SNL bunch. They did very well too and, as usual, I adored the players who impersonate Obama and Joe Biden. They both do a wonderful job week in and week out on the current White House. Another player who impersonates the Wikileaks guy, currently out on bail, is also quite good. The three women who impersonate the vapid Kardashian sisters are also a complete hoot.
on January 2, 2014
The ONLY sketch we were looking for was the parody of Sound of Music that has Fred Armison playing 'Ricardo' as my wife and I kept laughing about that when NBC had the Carrie Underwood live play and the kids wanted to see it. We go to NBC they don't have it. Hulu PLUS doesn't have it. Pay for this, and it's cut out! Yes I know it was edited- aside from the Strokes music which is a copyright issue, just spell out what else is cut!!
Zach Galifianakis was better than most of the hosts simply because he is a comic and can get up and do solo comedy sketches all night long. So hosting SNL was a piece of cake for him. He opened the show with performing as Orphan Annie from the musical ANNIE and he had his own set of tear sheets he shared with the audience (along with his pink underwear). He did it all totally deadpan which made it.

The show opened again with a skit which involved Charlie Sheen. The SNL cast member doing Sheen is just fantastic. SNL doing Charlie Sheen is my most favorite act since Tina Fey did the Sarah Palin impersonations. The guy who does Qaddafi is also terrific and they usually work him in right around Sheen.

The musical act was good. Not fantastic but good. I was not tempted to rush out and buy the album. Lately I seem to be noticing the wardrobe for the musical acts more than the music and I doubt if this is good. All wardrobe stops were pulled out for this musical performance.

Visit my blog with link given on my profile page here or use this phonetically given URL (livingasseniors dot blogspot dot com). Friday's entry will always be weekend entertainment recs from my 5 star Amazon reviews in film, tv, books and music. These are very heavy on buried treasures and hidden gems. My blogspot is published on Monday, Wednesday & Friday.
Hands down, the opening long skit about Charlie Sheen with his own talk show with guests Lohan, Quadafi and Galiano is absolutely fantastic, the best skit of the year. It is a piece of comedic genius. This is on a par with Tina Fey's doing the Sarah Palin skits. If for no other reason, you must watch this episode of SNL in order to see this skit. The rest of the show was also quite good.

I have never seen Miley Cyrus before. She is very talented and held up her own quite well in joining the skits. She played Lohan in the opening one to perfection. She also did an incredible impersonation of Justin Bieber. I was very pleasantly surprised to discover all of her entertainment ability. The SNLer playing her father Billy Ray Cyrus was dead on accurate. He was hilarious.

I did not particularly care for the Strokes, the musical guests. They were not bad but they did not make me want to own anything of theirs. Many other SNL musical performances have me rushing out to get the record but not this one. I thought the lead singer was overpowered by the instrumentalists in the performance.
I saw Jon Hamm host SNL last year and was pleasantly surprised at how comedic he could be. He was every bit as good, or even better, for his second hosting job. In fact, I would not be surprised to see him become as regular as Alec Baldwin or Steve Martin as a host. Another indication of his comedic talent is the guest role he has done intermittently on the SNL sister show "30 Rock". There he plays a doofus doctor, one of Liz's ex boyfriends. All of this is as opposite as can be from playing Don Draper on MAD MEN.

Among his many funny bits with the SNL cast are as a gay dumb state trooper cruising the highways with Jason Sedackis. He has a long blonde wig and a blonde mustache from the 1970s. He is all but unrecognizable. He is also great as a video clip victim who has everyone downloading a video online of him crying. Then he is a bank robbery victim with Rhianna playing Clydette. Rhianna is the musical guest with sultry songs and an absolutely incredible wardrobe.

There are also times when you see him just looking great whether he is in regular clothes or in a still photograph. I think Jon Hamm is going to be even bigger than he already is as the years go on.
on March 6, 2011
Where's the musical performances and the French dance skit?

I understand there are issues with music clearance but why is it always an afterthought? And why cut the french dancing skit? That certainly shouldn't have been a music clearance issue.

Heck, the dance skit was main reason I wanted it.
I have never seen Jane Lynch in anything but GLEE as gym teacher Sue Sylvester. I'm glad to report she is as sensational off GLEE as she is on it. She made the perfect host for SNL and was hilarious on all of the skits she was on with the regular cast members. She did an impersonation of Phyllis Diller from the 1960s a a game show guest which was spot on and that was only one of her bits. In another bit she was a psychiatrist to Andy Samberg. She has the perfect voice for a shrink.