Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(2 star). Show all reviews
on May 9, 2012
I love Dario Marianelli. He is one of my favorite soundtrack composers. This soundtrack is beautiful, but the quality of the recording was very distracting. When tracks like "A Thorough Education" or "Mrs. Reed is Not Quite Finished" there is a high pitched ringing in the background that sounds like the result of bad sound engineering. It was so bad that I had to turn off the music and write this review. The last five tracks do not suffer the same problems. It seems like the ringing is associated with the violin track. I only notice it when the violin is playing. I wish that I didn't get a headache because of this noise because the soundtrack itself is truly beautiful.

I hope that this is helpful. I am curious if anyone else has noticed similar issues.
on January 10, 2012
The music was repetitive and quite similar to the composer's previous work, Pride and Prejudice.

As for the movie, which I did not purchase through Amazon...
Here I was hoping for a more accurate version of 1 of my favorite authors. Another disappointment. Why do screenwriters feel the need to change classics? The dialogue became insipid whenever it deviated from the original; the changes were quite obvious. Major scenes weren't even included (e.g. the gypsy and the discovery of her being cousins with her rescuers).The only saving factors were the costumes and the scenery.
44 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse