Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on December 9, 2011
My first choice in travel books! It never failed me!
Slim and light to carry in my purse! AWESOME!
I bought the comprehensive book on Brazil which had a small section about Rio. This on the other hand is all about Rio and was perfect for the week I vacationed there. It covered all the major sightseeing and also the small residential neighborhoods to see. It lacks rainy days alternatives for I ended up using a local guide book in Rio to assist me during the cloudy/rainy days while I was there. Overall 2 thumbs up!
22 comments7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2013
I have used these books for travel before. Not a lot of detail about places, but a great way to move around and see all of the important things and get to see some great places will out having to search a big book. Also good for when you are just looking for simple things in a new place (restaurant, hotel, shops) and they are all ranked.
on May 2, 2014
Very familiar with the DK "Top 10" travel books....they're perfect for day stops from cruise ships, or 2 or 3 day trips to a certain city where time is very limited and you just want to hit the "must see'' locations. Small enough to carry with you in your back pocket, comprehensive enough to give you what you need to know in a nutshell. Colorful, concise, with good advice on each location.
on November 17, 2013
Might be okay as a book but just doesn't work on Kindle. Could not truly figure the lay out and impossible to find a specific topic.
on October 11, 2012
Purchased the Eyewitness Top 10 Rio de Janeiro guide for my recent trip. I found it quite useful in finding recommended places to see supplemented by nice pictures of said attractions. The guide also has a few useful phrase translations for English to Portuguese and also provides good suggestions for restaurants with price ranges in specific geographic areas of Rio. The pages are thick and the pull out map is useful but not detailed enough for finding most specific addresses. I'd suggest Google maps for those instances.
on September 22, 2014
This guide, like every "Eyewitness Guide" is always top quality. It doesn't just tell you the rote facts like nearly every other guide. It provides interesting details, such as, exact names of shops for shoes, etc.. Nice pictures, helpful fold-out maps, and the real low-down on things such as matters of personal safety in Rio, what to expect, manners, etc.
on January 4, 2014
I'm a big fan of the Eyewitness Travel books. I've used them for Paris, London, and now Rio. Having worked there this summer, I thought it did a good job of mapping out all the interesting parts of the city (and state) and gave us a list of things to do when I ran out of ideas. Very happy with the purchase.
on June 26, 2015
good reference tool for recent trip, helped focus goals prior to visit. great pictures and maps (as are all the top-10 series, and i have many). a cheap way to insure maximum experience when visiting a new city.
on October 31, 2014
Outstanding travel guide. I've use Eyewitness Travel guides a dozen times over the years to plan trips. Excellent resource. Highly recommended.
on January 11, 2013
I like that this book is small enough to fit in my purse as I travel and that I can take it out to glance at as we are visiting sites.