5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too
FYI: This is Book 2 of THE NOBLE WARRIORS series, and therefore a sequel to Seeker: Book One of the Noble Warriors. If you don't want the end of Seeker: Book One of the Noble Warriors spoiled for you, STOP! If that's not a concern, I invite you back to Anacrea.

Published on May 11, 2007 by TeensReadToo

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected
I wound up with "Seeker" which is book one as a travel book. I take them when I travel so when I lose it I don't mind. I liked the book so I looked up the next two books. They were fun, low thinking books which were great for travel companions.
Published 16 months ago by J. Birkett

5.0 out of 5 stars Courtesy of Teens Read Too, May 11, 2007

Seeker, Morning Star, and Wildman are with the Nomana, training to be Noble Warriors themselves. It's been nine months and they are about to face the most difficult test in their training so far. On their first day of the new lessons, Wildman does the unthinkable, and must be banished from the Nom. Seeker worries that he too will be sent away, due to the deal he made to get Wildman into training in the first place. Morning Star is despondent at the loss of her friend.

Meanwhile, a new threat is approaching Anacrea, and destroying everything and everyone that gets in its way. When the new threat joins forces with the old, what will become of Anacrea? And where does that leave the Nomana?

For the first time the Nom is divided. How far should they and will they go to protect the people of Anacrea and their home? And now that Seeker seems to have acquired limitless power, what should be done about him? How much power is too much?

This may seem like a pretty vague description of the story, but I don't want to give too much away. The book starts out fast and full, and keeps right on going. It's a fast read, but only because so much keeps happening that you don't want to put it down! So much changes for the three friends, but that's part of growing up. Not only does this book progress well through time and characters, it sucks you further into its universe. Almost to the point where when you come up for air you're surprised to find yourself surrounded by the world you usually live in. If the books keep going like this... Let's just say I can't wait to read the next one!

Reviewed by: Carrie Spellman

5.0 out of 5 stars JANGO SURPASSES EXPECTATIONS, June 8, 2007
I read Seeker in about 2 weeks and I found it enjoyable but not altogether mind blowing so I picked up Jango expecting more of the same, But, to my surprise, I fell into this book and was sucked in to the world of the Noble Warriors. I read this book in 3 days.Now some might think that the time it took me means that it lacked substance but no thats not it. I read it so fast because I could not put it down.So in closing and in answer to the question heya! reader, Do-you-love me? Yes, Book 2 I do love you

4.0 out of 5 stars An elegantly written action-adventure story which is deeply engrossing and utterly convincing., April 27, 2013
This review is from: Jango (Noble Warriors) (Paperback)
As my first encounter with author William Nicholson (author of the Wind Singer & Firesong), I was greatly impressed by this spectacularly thrilling tale. I adore fast-paced adventure full of intense drama and exciting twists, hence I fell instantly in love with this book after reading the blurb. `Jango' is the second book within the noble warriors trilogy and which beautifully blends fantasy fiction with a contemporary edge ~ totally original and fresh. The characters acts of courage or calculated cruelty have such recognizable humanity within them and make this tale feel so `real' as to bring it vividly to life. The expert world-building is simply spectacular and I love how cleverly plotted the action scenes were, so as to strike a harmonious balance between drama, dialogue and detailed narrative.

This is a thrilling story of integrity shaped in the face of corruption and vaulting ambition, with a brilliant cast of teenage characters who are relevant and individually interesting. Amid plenty of action are moral messages and inner meaning that touches you, with such thought-provoking truth and sincerity.

Continuing on from `Seeker' (book 1) this installment discloses the real meaning behind the power of the noble warriors. Seeker, Morning Star and Wildman are going to need this new found knowledge as the mighty Warlord of Orlan has joined forces with the Empire of Radiance ~ in an attempt to defeat the noble warriors. As two separate armies join together in one great attack, it is these three teens and the noble warriors who must make the final stand to prevent what could happen - the end of all things...

This remarkable epic adventure, from a writer who is at the top of his game, is truly breathtaking and highly memorable. I am now keen to read `Noman' the last book within this astonishing trilogy that is an inspired concept of pure genius and rare talent!

5.0 out of 5 stars A too-little-known and stunning trilogy masterpiece, July 12, 2009
Our family is always reading together *quality* fantasy literature.

To us the most under-praised and under-publicized fantasy trilogy is William Nicholson's The Noble Warriors, in three volumes -- Seeker: Book One of the Noble Warriors], [[ASIN:0152060111 Jango: Book Two of the Noble Warriors, and Noman: Book Three of the Noble Warriors.

It's about two teen boys (Seeker and Wildman) and one teen girl, (Morning Star), and ventures with evocativeness and compassion and even tenderness into their fantasy and magical civilization's politics, hypocrisy, authoritarianism, homeless, gangs, wars, and above all these three sensitive teen's heroism and their spirituality -- their engagement with each other, fraudulent cults, barbarous religion (including human sacrifice), peaceful (and magical) monasticism, and their true spiritual seeking.

It touches seamlessly on so many themes and is an action-packed entertaining, challengingly intelligent, adventurous, deeply reflective, unbelievably too-little known, and all-in-all simply a stunning series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jango keeps you wanting more, April 8, 2014
Great and entertaining book that truly catches your attention. I find it amazing that the author goes into so much detail about this religion of seekers

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! Lots of twists and turns, September 24, 2013
This review is from: Jango: Book Two of the Noble Warriors (Hardcover)
This second book is the perfect bridge to the conclusive third book. I enjoyed it very much and highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, July 8, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars More 5-star story from this author, July 17, 2007
FYI: This is Book 2 of the Noble Warriors, a young adult fantasy, and therefore a sequel to Seeker. If you don't want the end of Seeker spoiled for you, STOP! If that's not a concern, I invite you back to Anacrea. (See our review)

Seeker, Morning Star, and Wildman are with the Nomana, training to be Noble Warriors themselves. It's been nine months and they are about to face the most difficult test in their training. On their first day of the new lessons, Wildman does the unthinkable, and must be banished from the Nom. Seeker worries that he too will be sent away, due to the deal he made to get Wildman into training in the first place. Morning Star is despondent at the loss of her friend.

This may seem like a pretty vague description of the story, but I don't want to give too much away. The book starts out fast and full, and keeps right on going. It's a fast read, but only because so much keeps happening that you don't want to put it down! So much changes for the three friends, but that's part of growing up. Not only does this book progress well through time and characters, it sucks you further into its universe, almost to the point where when you come up for air, you're surprised to find yourself surrounded by the world you usually live in. If the books keep going like this... Let's just say I can't wait to read the next one!

Armchair Interviews says: Start with Seeker, then read Jango, Book 2. You'll be glad you did.

Jango: Book Two of the Noble Warriors
Jango: Book Two of the Noble Warriors by William Nicholson (Hardcover - June 1, 2007)
Used & New from: $2.45