5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific sewing machine and not just for kids
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Hello Kitty Janome Sewing Machine
This is a very nice Hello Kitty Sewing Matchine, but a bit expensive. My daughter likes it a lot. When we received It, the foot pedal controller did not work. I was going to return it but I just had the foot pedal repaired instead. I did not want to go through the return inconvenience.
Published 17 months ago by Gonzalo Rivera

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific sewing machine and not just for kids, March 28, 2013
This review is from: Janome 15822 Hello Kitty Sewing Machine with 24 built in stitches and a one-step buttonhole (Misc.)
I've been looking for a machine and researched many for over two years. It was to replace my wonderful 30yr old Viking 6440, which finally died and I gave up on after several attempts to have repaired. Had a very limited budget but wanted something that would hold up for years (still to be determined) rather than months as so many of the new plastic machines now a days are. bought this one because it can sew through many layers of denim and leather, has a self threader (for tired eyes), a one step button hole maker and a serge stitch. the brand has a good reputation and it was on sale for a good price. And the graphics make me smile every time I walk by the machine (several times a day). Have done limited sewing on it so far but it has been great so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine!, March 22, 2012
I bought this machine for my 9 yr old granddaughter to use. I already own a Janome 6500, and wanted her to have something that was simple to use. This machine definitely fits the bill. She was excited to use it. It has a limited number of stitches, which is all she needs. I like that it is a sturdy machine and not a toy. Would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to introduce sewing to the younger generation. I did purchase a 1/4" foot from my local Janome dealer, as the machine didn't come with one.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful machine- works perfectly and looks so cute!, July 21, 2012
I've used it for more than a month now and it has worked really well for me. I'm a total beginner but I've made 2 dresses and altered many clothes so far thanks to this hello kitty sewing machine. I'm getting more familiar with the machine now and the clothes I made look really nice and professional.

The machine is easy to use and the automatic threading is truly helpful. I would recommend this to beginners like me and maybe for more frequent users! One important thing-- to make the reverse stitch is by really pushing the button hard down until you can feel the spring force. (I returned the first machine because I thought the button was broken but then my friend had a looked at the exchanged one and pressed it really hard and it worked!)

A wonderful machine and on top of that, the cute classic Hello Kitty design makes me want to use it everyday! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Stitch pattern panel, June 15, 2012
The machine has a hidden stitch pattern panel on the top of the machine. You can raise it by pushing with one finger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine!, May 22, 2012
I purchased this machine not expecting much out of it. I was completely impressed with how it handles and the workmanship it produces. I am VERY happy with this machine. It is a good price and a great machine. It is easy to use for someone learning and it is also good enough for someone who is more experienced. I am able to do any project with this machine and found the setup to be easy and quick. My only dislike on this model is that the different stitches are lettered ABCDE on a dial causing you to refer to the manual every time you want to switch stitches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, August 18, 2013
This machine sews so smoothly that I put up my old Kenmore (will be a spare for when sewing friends come to sew). I'm really impressed. Also, this is such a cute machine. What fun is this?

3.0 out of 5 stars Hello Kitty Janome Sewing Machine, February 20, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the beginner, traveler, or student!, April 14, 2014
I bought the machine for a few reasons:
1. I love all things Hello Kitty!!
2. It's made by Janome, which is a brand I trust for quality and have read reviews that it has less issues.
3. I'm a fashion design student and have a limited budget to buy a machine so I have to make my money stretch!
4. I always smile and feel happy when I'm sewing on my machine.

That being said, the Hello Kitty design is just mega cute and perfect because it's whimsical and fun but it's a serious adult machine that gets great results! When I don't have access to industrial machines at school, I have to rely on this and it hasn't failed me yet. I've put thick layers of velvet through the machine and it actually sew everything together!! I sew several heavy duty zippers and that got the job done. I constructed and reconstructed garments of various difficult materials: stretchy, slinky, slippery, fluffy, rufflely... you name it, it all went through and worked.

Aside from working so well, my classmates like my machine and think it's just the bee's knees. Everyone wants to be my friend when they see what I have to work with :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine !, March 18, 2013
I purchased this maching for my niece on her birthday and she LOVES it ! Great quality and easy for an absolute beginner to use without getting confused. She never gets tired of makeing things with it and now she's in sewing classes on the weekends. I never thought she would take to it so fast the way she did for a 10 year old !

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is A REAL Sewing Machine, May 29, 2014
Don't be fooled by the design. This machine is the real deal. I'm new to sewing so I wanted something basic and the Hello Kitty design makes this machine approachable and less intimidating in my opinion. I've been taking sewing classes and I brought this with me to my last class. My instructor was really impressed at how solid this machine is. Very basic easy to use and even a sewing pro was impressed!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›