5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book from an excellent Professor, May 29, 2011
Vic Setterholm (Silicon Valley, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Japanese Americans and World War II: Mass Removal, Imprisonment, and Redress (Paperback)
Bought this book after surfing Amazon.com for Dr. Hata. During the Vietnam War, I went to Japan on R&R. In 1971 received two A's for my participation in his classes: Japanese History Before 1856 and Asians in America. It was my Junior year in College, and I was just starting to get serious about myself. Dr. Hata helped. Not only in being an excellent teacher, but acting as my mentor, e.g. when I saw him during office hours, he told me in his classes each mistake in spelling or typing would result in the lowering of one grade. Believe me, I toed the line, and this was in the days of the typewriter. Have not read the book. Browsed it, and believe it will a be an excellent read.
Thank you Most Honorable Donald Hata.

4.0 out of 5 stars A readable, decent overview, September 27, 2011
Like most books about the internment, the connections between eventual official US regret and redress and 1960s far left movements is overstated, as is the critique of the JACL, but that is just the author's opinion and clearly stated as such. It is a great quick read to get to the critical facts of this chapter of history, and I recommend it highly to any high school student or anyone else who wants to find out what happened. Such an important story, it needs to be readily available, and this book provides that great service.

5.0 out of 5 stars an important book in the study of Japanese Americans and ..., August 13, 2014
Mick Marsh (Inverness, CA) - See all my reviews
an important book in the study of Japanese Americans and WWII.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 27, 2014
excellent

Japanese Americans and World War II: Mass Removal, Imprisonment, and Redress
Japanese Americans and World War II: Mass Removal, Imprisonment, and Redress by Donald Teruo Hata (Paperback - January 18, 2011)
$15.95