Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 13, 2010 11:34:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 13, 2010 11:35:19 PM PST
Mami says:
I wonder if this blu ray edition includes original Japanese language (it doesn't say so under product description). I am not interested in watching this movie with voice over.

Also, a lot of Japanese customers on Amazon Japan are complaining about image quality on their blu ray edition (saying it adds reddish color to the movie). I wonder US version be different?

Also the Japanese Blu ray version seem to have a packaging problem (the disc falls right off of the case because the case doesn't have a stopper for the disc). I hope this isn't the case for US version (probably so as the package looks different).

Hmm... maybe it's best to wait until after release and rent one from Netflix to see if this blu ray edition is worth buying...

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind [Blu-ray] Amazon Japan link:
http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E9%A2%A8%E3%81%AE%E8%B0%B7%E3%81%AE%E3%83%8A%E3%82%A6%E3%82%B7%E3%82%AB-Blu-ray-%E5%AE%AE%E5%B4%8E%E9%A7%BF/dp/B003CP67XE/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1292310954&sr=1-3

Posted on Dec 22, 2010 2:12:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2010 7:27:23 PM PST
HoverLover says:
The product description is wrong. It will definitely have Japanese audio.

I don't know about the video quality, sorry. I'd wasn't even aware that there were problems until I read your post.

The US packaging will most likely just be a standard Blu-Ray case (possibly with a slipcover), as opposed to the box that Japan got.

Posted on Dec 25, 2010 9:38:08 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 25, 2010 9:39:11 AM PST
G. Haber says:
The Japanese complain about anything with video quality because they don't like the grain. I own the JP Blu-Ray, it's gorgeous. As for the packaging, my disc made it from Japan without falling out, it's just hard to click it back onto the holder. The JP Laputa Blu-Ray seems to have fixed this problem though.

Posted on May 21, 2011 4:34:40 AM PDT
GlassAgate says:
In case you haven't seen the updated page, it contains the Japanese audio.
I don't think I've seen a single Ghibli DVD that didn't contain the Japanese
audio track.

On the flip side, if you order some of the DVD's from Amazon.co.uk,
you have to check each one, to see if they contain the English audio.
Some do, some don't. If not, they do, at least, contain the subtitles.

Thinking that it wouldn't be released in the US, I ordered "Tales From Earthsea"
from there. It contained both. I was going to get a couple of other Ghibli
DVD's, but didn't, since they don't have the English audio. Now, if I had
continued to study Japanese, when I first started in 2003, I could have probably
handled the Japanese audio track. Oh well.

Also, you can order from Amazon.co.uk. Just use your Amazon US login.
I've done it a couple of times.

The same works with Amazon.de (German branch), I think.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2010
Latest post:  May 21, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo) by Uma Thurman (Blu-ray - 2011)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (477)