Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Japanese Origami Folding Paper Case Box #4006 by Daniel's House
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 15, 2013
This is a neat little box. I like that the sides have thumb slots to help you get the paper out without bending or damaging it. The only drawback is that the bottom on the inside has a grid molded into the plastic. You can see it in the picture, but I assumed it was on the outside. I was afraid that those lines might get pressed into the paper, as we all know that paper will follow the contour of whatever it's stored in. Luckily, the Origami paper I ordered came with cardboard to keep the paper flat, so I put the cardboard piece down in the bottom first, then loaded the paper. I assume those lines are there to give the paper an air cushion, to keep it from sticking to the bottom with static. But still, as thin as the paper is, I don't want to end up with stretched/lined paper that would mar whatever design I'm working on.
on January 3, 2013
I received one of these for Christmas, and quickly ordered two more. My 6" paper fits perfectly. I used another one to store four stacks of my 3" paper. The boxes stack on top of each other nicely. The box snaps shut securely and I do not worry that it will open when I carry it around by the handle. The 1" wide opening in the center of both sides makes it easy to grab and look through the paper inside. The plastic feels sturdy. I am very satisfied with this product.
on January 7, 2013
I like this little box! I got it to hold origami paper for both origami and kirigami, but I can also put a couple small tools in with the paper. I may order a couple more because I also do bead working and this is a great size to hold a small project and the few tools I use for them. Would probably work well for chainmaille crafters, too.
on February 11, 2014
I love this box! It is so wonderful to be able to take my origami paper on the go with me. I made an origami case for my bone folder and even that will fit in there! Very good heavy duty plastic but the only thing i don't like is that I guess when you put a lot of paper in it the latch on the inside that keeps it fully closed goes out on one side. To avoid it I realize that you need to close it from straight up and not on an angle. I want to buy another, and someone on here has already said that they stack nicely. Very happy with my purchase.
on December 17, 2013
I love this case. I can bring a small amount of paper with me to do "travel folding" rather than bringing my big jumbo case. It fits 6x6 in. to the tee and can also store smaller sheets like 3x3 in. The small U-shaped tab things you see on the sides are actually meant for being able to reach in under the stack of paper and take it out and are super super useful, haha.

My only complaints are that its cheapest price on Amazon is a bit pricier than it actually should be. I didn't order it online or on Amazon -- I got mine from Daiso for $1.50 plus tax. In other words I could get two of these boxes for the price of one without having to pay for shipping. If your area is blessed with a Daiso store, I suggest getting it there instead of ordering it here.

Other thing, the plastic is kind of cheap and the box doesn't always close properly. Sometimes I have to coax it a bit on the tab things on the sides to make it snap and close. I feel like I'll have to replace it later. Oh well, it's $1.50!
on April 3, 2016
I ordered this case to help keep my origami paper neat and organized. This is very smart craft storage, especially if you have expensive origami paper that you would like to protect from becoming dented, creased, or dusty over time. If the case fell off of my bookshelf, it would probably stay latched and not burst open, which is comforting. If I were to order again, I would probably want to buy a case that stores double the amount of origami paper.

My only criticism is the tote handle. The tote handle is kind of awkward once you carry it around. I'm not sure why it was designed to be on the top of the biggest side of the case and not on one of the smaller edges, so that it would carry straight down with the paper hanging perpendicular to the ground. Although, if you only had a few papers in the case, they may get curved or smushed from being carried that way. The tote handle most likely does need to be on the top, but it is still funny to carry around that way for long distances. What I do like is how sturdy the case feels when picked up by the handle. There is no worry that the case will accidentally open because it latches quite tightly.
review image review image
on October 6, 2014
So cute! the box holds my 6"x6" paper perfectly. the handle is cute, and the box is sturdy. I havent dropped it or anything, but when I lift it by the handle nothing has gone tumbling out. It has a cool "U" shape in the plastic that allows you to thumb through all of your papers, even at the bottom.
I like that i can store my paper without worrying about it getting crinkled.
Now if only i had something that could hold my 6"x6" and my 3"x3".....
I like this case because it protects the corners of the origami paper. I would like it a little better if it was about an inch deeper to hold more paper (I bought a 500-page pack of paper). The container is plastic, 3 attached latches, and a handle that seems a little impractical to me. The fourth side of the box keeps the cover attached to the base of the box. It is not sure thick to handle lots of abuse, but again origami tends to be more of a delicate artform. The case box serves its purpose and is worth the money if you like crisp corners on your paper. I haven't carried it using the handle because​ I am paranoid that if it fails I will have 400 sheets of paper scattered on my floor.
on January 21, 2016
I almost gave this 4 stars because it took awhile for delivery. But then I figured, what the heck, the item(s) arrived, and in good shape, and for free! Five stars it is! These boxes are great -- sturdy, stackable, just the right size for 6" paper, holds around 500 kami-weight paper. Transparent so you can see what's in there. The slots on the side allow you to flip thru your paper and select what you want without messing up the rest of the paper. The latch clips securely, so you can use the handle for transport without the box flipping open unexpectedly and disgorging all the contents. Very handy item, and inexpensive. Now, do they make the same item for 3" paper? That would be great -- hint-hint! Make it high enough to hold 1000 3" paper.
on January 17, 2016
This is a terrific case for 6x6 origami paper. It fits perfectly and holds a lot of paper. This helps my daughter keep her origami paper organized and neat without getting bent edges. I like it since it's easy to put away.