Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 21, 2010 5:30:36 AM PDT
Do they get together in the end.

Posted on Jan 1, 2011 9:35:33 PM PST
Keri says:
No. It was lame, and Forbes has absolutely no understanding of the mythic heroine's journey. It's sad, I don't think any American male comic artist does. They've been too influenced by superhero comics and soap operas- where no couples really grow together as they fall in love and stay together. You have to read real Japanese manga to get that kind story written by both men and women. Says something profound about Japanese culture vs American where even most male manga creators writing for boys understand the mythic heroine's journey where most male comic book and amerimanga writers don't have clue one.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2011 11:34:51 PM PST
And Lybrinth is strongly based off of folklore which is missing in the books...Forbes had NO idea what he was writing nor did he do his homework on the subject of folklore. Jim Henson is rolling in his grave because this is NOT his Lybrinth at all. And the ending just sucked.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 2:33:59 PM PST
Not to be rude so long after you've posted this but I'm reading these reviews and comments and I see that you've been to so many repeating the same thing about the Labyrinth being based off folklore how no one did the did their research and so on.

If you are an avid fan of folklore and the Labyrinth I can understand you're frustration at this but at the same time I have to point out that being based off of folklore means that they are following it step by step. I'm not defending what happened with this mess of a sequel I'm just saying they aren't going to follow it very closely, it's even worse when they say that they are inspired by it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Sep 21, 2010
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Return to Labyrinth Volume 4 (Jim Henson's Return to Labyrinth)
Return to Labyrinth Volume 4 (Jim Henson's Return to Labyrinth) by Jake T. Forbes (Paperback - August 1, 2010)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (31)