Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on July 8, 2013
I did some research on Methyl B12 after my father got dementia several years ago and passed away this year. He had been diagnosed with pernicious anemia but he missed a lot of his B12 shots. So since this disease can be genetic I wanted to find out if it was possible to absorb B12 without having to get B12 shots. I'm here to say that the Methyl-B12 sublingual method works very well however at this point in my life (55) and my diet 5000 mcg might be a little too strong. I definitely noticed the sound sleep side affect that others have reported in here and this has been quite pleasant. However I also noticed another side affect that wasn't very nice. After taking it for the first week (sometimes twice a day) I began to notice that it was making me very irritable and at times to the point of verbally lashing out at people for no good reason. I researched this side affect online and found an article that explained why it was happening and that it was related to low levels of glutathione. They recommended taking NAC (which I also highly recommend) to counter act this side affect. I reduced the amount of Methyl-B12 to two or three times a week along with taking NAC and it has corrected the issue. I think that like everything its best to take all supplements in moderation. I am not a vegetarian so I probably am already absorbing a fair amount of B12 through my meat consumption but this experience will definitely help me as I get older.

Update 16-Oct-13 - This product has moved to the top of my must have suppliments and I just changed it to a 5 star. Be aware that you can take to much though. I found that two or three times a week works great for me. I pop one under my tongue at bed time and its like taking a sleeping pill and I wake up feeling fantastic:) B-12 increases the melatonin in your brain which explains this side affect. I have not tried any other brands but I would be suspicious of any other subliguals that disolve to quickly. If its disolving too fast it will have less time to be absorbed through the gum tissue and be destroyed in your stomach.
1111 comments273 of 282 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2011
I have tried other sublingual B-12's (MRM's) and never noticed much but this one had really good results for me.

Most sublingual B-12's are cherry and this tastes pretty much like the rest. It also doesn't dissolve all that well but I find that also with other sublinguals. The methylcobalamin B12 is the only one that crosses the blood brain barrier. I think the 5000 mcg is the highest dosage made in one sublingual.

I just had a huge relapse of my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I searched for something that might help my debilitating brain fog. I got this out of desperation. I actually tried to cancel my order but I'm glad I didn't. I really noticed the results on the 2nd day.

I take on as soon as I wake up and my brain fog is about 90% gone. I also have some extra energy which I really need in the morning. I have not tried one in the afternoon yet but I'm going to.

I think we all react differently to things and I'm really happy about my results with this. I think if you want to try a B-12 this is a good one to start with. I got it on Subscribe and Save and will keep it that way. The price is too good.
5252 comments358 of 372 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2012
My friend started taking B-12 to replenish his liver, he was B-12 deficient. He is also a type II Diabetic. His doctor had him on statins to reduce his high blood cholesterol level and metforphin to reduce his blood sugar level. Statin drugs and metformin turned out to be a dangerous combination, they are what caused his B-12 deficiency. His B-12 dficiency is what caused his NEUROPATHY. He stated that his feet felt like they were being stung mercilessly by Wasps or Honey bees. He was in an insane amount of pain and began to search for a solution. The solution began when his doctor took him off of both statin drugs and metformin and gave him B-12 shots. The B-12 shots stopped the NEUROPATHY temporarily. He used to have major NEUROPATHY pain in his feet when he took a warm/hot shower and even when his feet got wet. This all stopped temporarily when he started treating himself with Methyl B-12 supplements which are 1000 times superior than any B-12 shots. He cured his own NEUROPATHY permanently by taking this brand of Methyl-B-12 in conjunction with SERRAPEPTASE (a unique enzyme). He figured out that NEUROTHAPY was the destruction of his myelin sheathing which is the cholesterol coating over his nerves. When temperature change signals from the warm water hit his nerves they were being sort of short circuited by the damage the metformin and statins had caused to his protected cholesterol coating over his nerves. B-12 repairs this myelin sheathing and SERRAPEPTASE smooths out all the cracks making the B-12 temporary corrections of NEUROPATHY into PERMANENT CORRECTIONS. There is no way to overdose on SERRAPEPTASE nor B-12. Take as much as you want and regain your life without NEUROPATHY. My friend is now currently working to rid himself of Type II Diabetes which was caused by Metabolic Syndrome. I'll let you know how his quest is going as he progresses towards a better health.
209209 comments337 of 364 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2010
I have multiple medical conditions, including B-12 deficiency, poor absorption issues, and severe hypothyroidism. A few years ago, I began having "shooting pain" that felt like gasoline/electrical surges in my arms and legs. No matter what medications I took, nothing helped and the pain intensified. I was told that I was close to B-12 deficiency, yet all the supplements that I tried didn't work. Finally I found Jarrow Methyl B-12 after reading on line where it was a potential aid for my condition. Since then I have taken it religiously. I have reported to my doctor that without it, I believe my health would have rapidly worsened. The pain is gone and I feel 100% better now that I am taking Methyl B-12 from Jarrow. I don't know if it will help anyone else as much as it has improved my health. I would recommend discussing it with your doctor or health care provider if you believe that you may be lacking or close to lacking in B-12. I love this product. For me, it has been a life-enhancer without equal. Thank you.
1313 comments200 of 226 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2015
Be sure you're informed about the daily requirements for b12. This is a very high dosage. Last year, I went to a doc who told me to start taking b12 because I had recently became vegan. She didn't tell me what dosage, so I assumed any ol' type of b12 will do. I went here on amazon and purchased the highest rated b12 and started taking the supplement daily. BIG MISTAKE. According to the Mayo Clinic, the daily recommendations of b12 are 2.4 micrograms a day for 18+ adults. Needless to say, I was extremely over-supplementing with this product. I guess I am saying there is nothing wrong with this product if you take it once a month or so, but not daily. I started getting really bad acne all over my face and back. I was going crazy trying to figure out the cause, and came across several articles showing the correlation between b12 overdose and acne. It's been a week since stopping b12, and my acne as cleared up 80%. Again, nothing wrong with taking b12, but be sure you're not over-supplementing with this product.
88 comments42 of 48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2014
I was diagnosed with a prolactimoa ( a tumor on my pituitary gland) about 9 years ago. I HATE taking medicine and have tried multiple natural remedies, none seem to work. If they semi work, they leave me feeling fatigued.

About 6 weeks ago i completely changed my diet to a 90% raw, 100% plant based, and began taking 10,000 mcg of vitamin B12 daily (I take one in the morning and one in the evening letting them dissolve under my tongue).

I have tried this diet before without B12 and had a lot of headaches, muscle fatigue and leg cramping. Other than loosing weight, my pituitary symptoms did not seem to decrease.

After two and a half weeks on B12 I had blood work done. My prolactin levels went from 94 to 23! Normal is between 3 and 10. After 3 weeks I menstruated, which never happens unless I take the awful medication prescribed by my endocrinologist.

I am excited to see where this journey will go and I have hope that babies are in my future!

Genesis 1:29
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb yielding seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for food.
0Comment50 of 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 100 REVIEWERon January 24, 2013
Size: 60Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )Verified Purchase
Several years ago I ended up in the Emergency room with what appeared to be neurological related issues. Much to my utter surprise...and delight...I was low on B12. I say surprise because I never imagined B12 could cause so many issues and my delight because a simple pill was able to alter my health condition without need for drugs or costly treatments.

Apparently, I am one of the millions of Americans that has difficulty absorbing B12 and unfortunately, cyanocolbamin gives me horried headaches and does little/nothing to bring my B12 levels up. Like many other people I later learned that I also have trouble converting B12 into a useable form and was told to try this version.

I have been using it for several years by this point and can personally attest to what an excellent product it is. I take other supplements...almost all by another brand...but the Jarrow B12 was the preferred one for many people suffering from chronic B12 deficiency such as myself. This VERY high dosage may not be right for everyone but it was like night/day for me. In fact, when I first took it I couldn't believe the surge of energy....of course, anyone that is severely depleted will notice more impact than other people but B12 is now being put into many different types of energy drinks and other preparations for its ability to increase energy levels and alertness.

The taste is fine - like a vitamin pill that most people were familiar with as a child. Sublingual makes for rapid absorption.

There are three main forms of B12 on the market today:
1. cyanocobalmin - the least expensive and less useful form contained in most supplements. Not everyone can take this form.
2. methylcobalmin - the type in this formula. This is a better choice for those with chronic low B12 and/or those that have a MTHFR genetic defect which reduces ability to methylate properly.
3. hydroxocobalmin - yet another even less common form used by those that find the first two problematic

Remember, B12 needs to be balanced with B6 and Folic Acid for best results if using as general supplement.
22 comments43 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2010
Helps with diabetic neuropathy and gives me energy. I've been taking Methyl B-12 for several years now off and on. I can tell a difference when I am not taking it.
22 comments44 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2014
This is awesome. Beats getting shots for my son who has autism. The sublingual is a nice size and takes forever to melt completely so my son takes it as long as he can and chews the rest. Been in for 2 weeks and has seen a slight difference in the clarity of his speech. Further, he has less space-outs we like to call them... GET THE WORD OUT!!! AUTISM is not a dead-end diagnosis! Knowledge is key when ur have a child on the spectrum. Go for biomedical treatments... Many therapies u can do yourself! DONT BELIEVE THE LIES! No flu shots/ vaccinations filled with crap!!! Do ur homework people! There r a millions different ways.... God bless!
Added+ JAN.30.2014
Methylcobalamin
, an active coenzyme form of vitamin B-12, is essential for cell growth and replication. It is more concentrated than other forms of B-12 in the cerebrospinal fluid, where it can be used by the central nervous system. It donates methyl groups to the myelin sheath that insulates certain nerve fibers. It may also play a role in maintaining a healthy sleep-wake cycle, as well as normal nerve function. Mehtylcobalamin is best. It is already converted to bioavalaible form, so your body can use it immediately. Your body doesn't need to produce intrinsic factor to convert methylcobalamin, because it is already converted. You can take it sublingually or in nasal spray form, which is supposed to bettter absorbed. Methyl-mate is the product I have seen some folks giving their autistic children in nasal spray form.

You don't have to worry about overdosing on this stuff. Cyanocobalamin has a known toxicity, but you cannot overdose on methylcobalamin. But you should get a good b complex supplement, as b12 works better with other b vitamins.

The amount of methylcobalamin you take is actually quite small compared to what many others take. Look up info about it on bodybuilder forums, and autism forums, and als/ald forums. You will find amazing factors using this form of B-12. The prevailing theory on why Vitamin B12 may be effective in many neuromuscular and other conditions is that the METHYL (methylcobalamin) group acts to aid in detoxification and to improve cellular energy.
Additionally, high-dose administration of Vitamin B12 has been validated to stimulate the activity of the body's TH1 suppressor T-Cells, which has been implicated as a problem in ASD individuals. Methyl-B12 is closely allied with the folic acid biochemical pathway. A precursor folic acid molecule must interact with the enzyme MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolic acid) to become 5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, the molecule that donates its methyl group to B12 so it can become Methyl-B12. Unfortunately, many children with asd have a defect in this enzyme.B12 (cobalamin) is a vitamin "family" with five unique family members that each do different things: a) cyanocobalamin; b) hydroxycobalamin; c) adenosylcobalamin; d) glutathionylcobalamin; e) methylcobalamin. Out of the B12 family, only Methyl-B12 has the ability to activate the methionine/homocysteine biochemical pathway directly. It is this pathway that is responsible for the body's entire sulfur-based detoxification system. It is this pathway that is responsible for the formation of S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe), the universal methyl donor. It is this pathway that is responsible for the formation of homocysteine, the "crossroads" molecule that is responsible either to reform methionine and SAMe or create cysteine, taurine, and glutathione. Glutathione is the body's primary intracellular antioxidant and is responsible for many detoxification reactions, most notably those that involve the binding and removal of mercury, lead, cadmium, arsenic, nickel, tin, antimony, and many other lesser-known heavy metals that also bind to glutathione's sulfur group.
Methyl-B12 is closely allied with the folic acid biochemical pathway. A precursor folic acid molecule must interact with the enzyme MTHFR (methylenetetrahydrofolic acid) to become 5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid, the molecule that donates its methyl group to B12 so it can become Methyl-B12. Unfortunately, many children have a defect in this enzyme.
Some believe the best source is from animal products such as meat, fish, eggs and dairy (which can in some studies cause inflammation in some more severe asd patients with deepened metobolic disfunctions). As a side note, no plant foods can be relied on as a sole source of vitamin B12. However, vegetarian safe is what I prefer for my son, due to the fact he can not tolerate any inflammation especially when we detox him. Methyl-B12 is a treatment, not a cure. However, many children using Methyl-B12 combined with other biomedical and non-biomedical therapies have lost their diagnosis! I look forward to the day when we hear autism is few in far in between. This "epidemic" is horrible! And we as ass parents-need to start questioning and digging deep to find paths for our children. We will not be around forever so its now that we have to fight for the betterment of our kids future. Look into Canadian/ european vaccination schedules. Why??? Is America the top diagnoser of ASD- is it part of our government / higher ups "dumbing down" the future generations for easier manipulation or possibly a generation of "people" who dont Necessarily have the ability to question authority, a generation of people who are more "slave like" WAKE UP! People it is time to pull the wool away from your eyes. Many doctors have told me "environment" plays a huge issue is ASD. Damn! Straight it does! But why? We have a million questions. However, our questions need to be deeper more researched. We will NEVER get straight answers for this and why there is someone with autism on every US neighborhood block... We have only begun to scratch the surface on this. Further, be part of the solution for your child's future and not a laxed believer in what any doctor, physician, and or therapist says. Get one, two, three opinions. Go off of your innate intuition and "gut feelings" how can you go wrong when u lead with love and your reality of living with them everyday???YOU are YOUR child's best advocate...KEEP SEEKING!!! «
1313 comments60 of 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 20, 2013
I chose this supplement after choosing to go vegan after about a year of vegetarianism. I figured I might be getting low, and was trying to cover my bases in order to boost my fertility.

What I thought was a completely unrelated symptom: my anxiety, which had been growing consistently worse each month. I attributed this to an attempted break-in to my home in the middle of the night, but was frustrated that the anxiety seemed to be getting worse as time went on rather than better.

So my Methyl-B12 showed up, I eagerly popped one under my tongue, and immediately noticed that my day felt more mellow. It only took 2 days in a row of taking supplements to notice a HUGE difference when trying to fall asleep at night...HUGE! Every sound, from my cats to the wind, had been giving me huge rushes of cortisol, complete with pounding heart/fight or flight anxiety. I was MISERABLE. Then all of a sudden it was just...gone.

I wondered if this could be connected to the B12 so I looked it up and sure enough...it's a well known and highly effective natural treatment for anxiety. I've noticed a boost in energy and a disappearance of 'lead weight' spells of exhaustion...if you have ever suffered with fatigue, you know the kind I mean. I'm motivated to get things done every day, imagine!

I am SO thankful to this supplement for making me feel like a normal person again (who can go to SLEEP at night)!!
77 comments75 of 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse