5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!
I've tried a number of all natural (Zinc or Titanium only) sunscreens and so far this is definitely the best. It's also the first that didn't have any reaction on my son's sensitive skin. It does go on white, but rubbed in pretty well on my olive skin. I never felt like a ghost, nor did any of my family comment -- and believe me - if they get a chance, they take it...
Published on July 30, 2009 by Joshua Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmmm.....
Was sorry to see some ingredients that aren't "natural" but are listed as chemical sunscreens that should be avoided. Thought this was a natural product. :( The smell is great and it goes on well, but homosalate is something I was trying to avoid. The label indicates that it is a mineral sunblock when in fact it has chemical blocks in it also. Bummed.
Published on August 5, 2011 by AW

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmmm....., August 5, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, July 30, 2009
Joshua Martin (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
I've tried a number of all natural (Zinc or Titanium only) sunscreens and so far this is definitely the best. It's also the first that didn't have any reaction on my son's sensitive skin. It does go on white, but rubbed in pretty well on my olive skin. I never felt like a ghost, nor did any of my family comment -- and believe me - if they get a chance, they take it!

Anyway, I thought this performed great on myself and my lighter-skinned children and wife. No burns even after playing in the ocean for a while.

I'm buying it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not oily, didn't make me breakout, worked well, August 7, 2010
I really liked Jason sunblock. Most sunblock makes my oily skin even more oily, and worse still, cause breakouts. Jason did not--and prevented sunburn.

A few people may have a problem with it because it goes on white, i.e. it looks like the old zinc oxide stuff some poor kids had to use. But, it isn't the same because when you rub it on your skin it turns clear. But, that's for me as a pretty pale person. Some of my dark skinned friends might have problems because it may not really get clear enough for their skin tones.

Recently I read in the New York Times that most sunblock sold in the U.S. only protects against UVB sun rays. However in Europe where standards are more strict sunblock also has to protect against UVA rays. When I was looking for protection against UVA rays it seems like they all had a lot of zinc in them and went on white. But, this was just my experience, check for yourself. But whatever you buy, make sure you are protected from the full spectrum of the sun--UVB and UVA!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bring an umbrella if you use Sunbrellas!, June 25, 2011
OT "OT" (Cambridge, MA) - See all my reviews
I read lots of reviews on Amazon after finding this product on the Environmental Working Group website. What I failed to do is notice that the effectiveness rating was "good" rather than "excellent" on the EWG website. I had worn it a couple of times for walks in a shady park and only noticed that it made my skin very dry. My fingertips were like sandpaper. After wearing it in bright morning sun for about an hour and a half in a city park, I got a sunburn. It was not a very hot day, and I was not sweating or rubbing my skin. On the positive side, it has no scent and goes on easily. But the bottom line is preventing sunburn, so I won't use it again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive Protection, July 10, 2010
This review is from: Jason Sunbrellas Sunblock, Active SPF 45, 4 Ounce, (Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
I like JASON Natural Cosmetics Sunbrellas Sport Natural Sunblock SPF 45 well enough. However, I don't think it is worth paying this much for two four-ounce bottles of protection.

PROS
---------------
+ Sweat and water repellent. I rode my bike out in the 90+ degree heat the other day, I sweat buckets, washed up and did some work, headed home, and I could still see and smell this on me after the ride. No sunburn. No tan. I felt protected.
+ Smells good, but not too strong. I don't like the heavily scented brands.

CONS
---------------
- You need to apply quite a bit each time. I used up maybe a third of the bottle to cover my exposed face, neck, arms, and legs. I'll easily be consuming a bottle each week at this rate.

The product is very high quality. It gets three stars because it is not a good value. I want to protect my skin, but I don't think I can afford to do it like this! You might want to try the spray type or an off-brand instead.

*Please note: At this time, the picture is incorrect and does not match the product name or features, but the description seems to go with the picture. My review applies to JASON Natural Cosmetics Sunbrellas Sport Natural Sunblock SPF 45.

2.0 out of 5 stars Like paint, June 21, 2009
I'm sure this is an amazing product as reviews on other sites have stated, but I won't ever buy it again. It's like smearing white paint all over you and you literally look white as a ghost for hours aftewards. Add hairy arms into the mix, and the end result is less than stellar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, March 4, 2011
A Reviewer (Cambridge, MA) - See all my reviews
I've tried a number of physical sunblocks, and this is probably the best. Yes, it's thick and white out of the tube, like every other sunblock with enough zinc oxide to provide protection, but it rubs in amazingly clear (and without much rubbing). It's not oily: it doesn't feel greasy, and it doesn't leave my skin shiny. I used this all day at the beach without reapplying and didn't get burned at all, which was impressive. But as an everyday sunblock, it's great! My only complaint is that it has a very mild odor that I don't like, but it's not a big deal considering the good protection, great ingredients (score of 2 in the cosmetic safety database, with strong UVA and UVB protection), and the fact that it applies well and looks great on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff!!, July 11, 2011
In my search for a more natural sunscreen (physical block) with both high UVA/UVB protection, I found the Jason product at my local natural grocery store. I started with the Badger (yuck, greasy for HOURS!) first, then moved on to the Jason. This stuff absorbs very quickly, leaves no greasy after-affects, and has a great scent (coconut, like a tropical bronzing oil). I've switched my entire family to this. It goes on very easily compared to some others I've read about or tried...no excessive or hard rubbing to get rid of the white traces. Even when my 6YO decided to sunscreen himself (gobs on his face and cheeks...) I was able to rub it in very easily. My son and I are redheads, my husband is of nordic descent. We are all WHITE. And we've had no issues with burning since trying this. Even when I go out without it, and start to get red, I find that applying this sunscreen stops any further progression of the burning immediately and I'm able to continue my work outside. I will be buying more soon...highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Burn, June 18, 2011
Works very well, would apply once or twice during the day and never got brunt while spending my entire day outside in the Utah desert. Excellent! Does have a funny banana-ish smell that I was not expecting but it's nothing terrible.

5.0 out of 5 stars this stuff is awesome, September 23, 2008
My son's skin is allergic to every sunscreen that I have tried. The only thing that has not made him break out is this awesome Jason sunblock. I love the smell of it and the protection that it offers. I definetly recommend this prodect.

Jason Sunbrellas Sunblock, Active SPF 45, 4 Ounce, (Pack of 2)
$21.90 $19.39
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.