"A beginner will get a sufficient understanding of Java and some excellent AWT applet source code examples." -- Robert Hurd, Code Collection web site, codecollection.com. March 2000
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
The Most Comprehensive and Definitive Guide to Java!
Let Herb Schildt, the world's leading programming author, show you everything you need to develop, compile, debug, and run Java applications and applets. This definitive guide contains complete details on the Java language, its class libraries, and its development environment along with hundreds of examples and expert techniques. Fully updated to cover the latest features of Java 2, v1.4, including the new I/O API, regular expressions, chained exceptions, the assert keyword, and upgrades to Java's networking classes and the Collections Framework, this comprehensive reference is a must-have for every Java programmer. And, everything is explained in the clear, uncompromising style that has made Herb Schildt the choice of millions worldwide.
See all Editorial Reviews
- Master the entire Java language and its core libraries
- Build portable applets and applications
- Fully utilize the Abstract Windows Toolkit (AWT)
- Use layout managers effectively
- Supercharge your programs using multithreading
- Leverage the power of the Collections Framework
- Apply Java's networking and imaging classes
- Migrate code from C++ to Java
- Explore servlets, Swing, and JavaBeans
- Learn about Java's newest features--including the new I/O and regular expression APIs, the assert keyword, and chained exceptions