4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book!!!
Published on March 8, 2010 by V. Young

2.0 out of 5 stars Complicated Book
Published 14 months ago by Elmo

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Book!!!, March 8, 2010
This review is from: Java Foundations: Introduction to Program Design and Data Structures (Paperback)
Hi, I a Management Information Systems major from Mississippi. I bought the book for Computer Science Level 3 class and I must say I like this book. In the past, I've had Java 6 Illuminated for Computer Science I (good book), then Data Structures and Algorithms (good amount of information but not as user friendly) which was for Computer Science II, and now this book for level 3. I didn't think it was going to get any better than the book I had from Level 1, but I think this one does that. It gives you the basics along with the advanced topics and is very user friendly with the examples included in the book. Instead of chapter after chapter of information crammed into a book without an adequate amount of examples. This is a keeper even after class is over. Great Book!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, easy, detailed., October 8, 2011
This book walks through the basics, and some of the advanced, operations, methods, and classes used in Java programming today.

Even with limited computer experience, and zero programming experience, this book is easy enough to follow.

There are examples of programs, and even online resources to help one learn what works, what doesn't, and why.

Programming is more of an art than a science, but this walks you through the technical aspects in such a way as to not stifle your creativity too much.

This book is a great way to learn Java!

2.0 out of 5 stars Complicated Book, May 16, 2013
The book is very expensive and provide unclear instructions. I am not a programmer and have very little programming experience. I purchased the book because it was required for a college course. I figured that if I read the book I would be fine. Unfortunately, that was not the case, I was confused in every chapter. The Arthur used jargon that is familiar to seasoned programmers.
I have found other books to be more useful than this one. If you have a seasoned programmer, this book may be right for you. If you are not a season programmer or a beginner/novice, I would recommend to look somewhere else.

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible explanations, October 2, 2013
I just felt like this is for someone who is already familiar. They made it harder for beginners and did not do step by steps. Hate this book because it is making me fall behind in class. When i view youtube videos i feel like i get more from it. so you already know if you have this class switch out of it and into a class that doesnt require this book, HORRIBLE

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but maybe not something for an amateur, July 4, 2013
I bought this book for my computer programming course. It arrived in about a week. The book was bought used, so there were some markings in it, but still in alright condition. I don't think I'd recommend this book if you're a beginner at programming like myself. Some of the content was difficult to understand even when read over multiple times. I learned better from actually creating programs and observing what the code does rather than just reading about it.
Note: google's your best friend if there's still content that's not understood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Condition, January 19, 2013
I wasn't aware that this was a paperback book when I bought it, but I was pleased with the condition of the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is an adequate book., September 28, 2011
Not the greatest book nor the worst. I found that buying the Backpack companion book to be very helpful... It is a very dry read though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, Mostly, October 26, 2011
The book is so-so.

My main gripe is that important terms are in italics instead of bold, unlike almost every other text book out there.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shipping is HORRIBLE., March 11, 2011
I ordered this book for my boyfriend on March 3. It's now March 11, and 7 business days have passed since the order. This was supposed to come in 3-5 business days. Thanks to ParcelPool or the USPS, my boyfriend is now going to fail a test if this book doesn't get here by tomorrow.

Java Foundations: Introduction to Program Design and Data Structures
Java Foundations: Introduction to Program Design and Data Structures by Peter J. DePasquale (Paperback - March 9, 2007)
Used & New from: $0.01