From the Publisher
Java for the Web with Servlets, JSP, and EJB is an excellent resource for intermediate to advanced level Java developers looking to greatly enhance their web application skills. Every facet of Java web development is tacked by the author in a very pragmatic way, first by introducing real-world business scenarios and then providing detailed solutions to these issues explaining what technologies should be applied and why. The author gets the reader up and running immediately, without wasting their time on theory. He provides countless tips and tricks that will save the reader both time and money. The software alone makes this book an excellent buy. I highly recommend this book to the ambitious Java developer! Deborah Hittel-Shoaf, Acquisitions Editor
From the Author
This book covers Servlet 2.3, JSP 1.2 and EJB 2.0 and caters to beginners as well as advanced developers. For beginners, this book is really easy reading. You are guaranteed to run your first servlet in 6 easy steps or about 10 minutes after you install Tomcat. For seasoned programmers, you will enjoy even more because the strength of this book is that it offers real solutions to challenges Web developers face every day. You will find techniques and projects such as:
- Sending files to the browser and force the browser to display the "Save As" dialog.
- File upload, including the original code whose modified version is used in IBM's WebSphere J2EE server documentation.
- Document management, providing a Windows Explorer-like navigable object structure.
- XML-Based e-books.- Model 2 Implementation of an E-Commerce Site.
- Accessing databases and run your SQL statements online
- Session management
- Web Security
- Developing session, entity and message-driven EJBs and deploying them in JBoss.
- Client-side input validation
-Budi Kurniawan, author