5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BLUETOOTH! BETTER PRICE! AND AMAZING SERVICE!
I ordered the Jawbone Era Midnight as well as the Shadowbox for me and my wife. Both the midnight and shadowbox are the same but have a shade of different color.

Great Price. Amazing Bluetooth from the quality to the sound to all the features this is by far the best Bluetooth out there.

The packaging is not original but instead universal, after...
Published on September 1, 2012 by Amazon Addict

1.0 out of 5 stars Used/refurbished, despite being represented as new
Published on September 5, 2011 by Michael G. McLaughlin

1.0 out of 5 stars Used/refurbished, despite being represented as new, September 5, 2011
Despite being represented as a new item, both in the description and on the packaging the unit arrived in, this was obviously used and/or refurbished. When I configured the headset using the Jawbone MyTalk website it showed that the unit had previously been used with another phone. It also doesn't include all of the earbuds and such included in the retail packaging; this was, to be fair, included in the item description, though I didn't find it until after ordering.

1.0 out of 5 stars CAUTION DO NOT BUY FROM PruneDanish!!!, September 24, 2011
A. Halfin (Alpharetta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
I was completely outraged when I received my new Jawbone Era. First & foremost THIS WAS A USED PRODUCT, NOT NEW AS I ORDERED !!!!!
The single ear gel that came with it had EAR WAX on it, utterly discussing !!!
There was no charger, the bag to carry the ear piece was torn on 1 side, the battery wouldn't hold a charge for more than 30 minutes, it's advertised as coming with 8 ear gels, they were not in the package.
The product arrived in a wrinkled plastic bad with a wrinkled barely readable manual.
This is an outrage !!!!!!
I'll never buy anything else from this seller !!!

3.0 out of 5 stars refurbished or used product, August 16, 2011
Stewart (MERIDIAN, ID, United States) - See all my reviews
I wish it was stated that this was going to be a used or refurbished product. The battery life is just over an hour on it.

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE!!!, August 25, 2011
Video Pro (Beaverton, OR USA) - See all my reviews
I was disappointed to see that not all of the accessories that are standard with the new unit are shipped with this unit. It only has one earbud and none of the ring type ear adapters that allow this unit to be used with the Jabra eargels. If the other review is correct that this is in fact a refurbished or used unit, that is not stated anywhere in the description and is fraudulent as far as I am concerned. I went back to the description and did find that in the fine print that it did not contain all of the standard earbuds. I buy lots of things from Amazon and this is the first time that a product has been misrepresented.

BUYER BEWARE!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed - Used & Disgusting Ear-bud, October 26, 2011
T. Newton (Who Cares - USA) - See all my reviews
My Worst Amazon product experience ever. This is a used ear piece. The ear-bud was deteriorating and it was definitely showing signs that it was used previously. I recommend that Amazon pull this store from their website. We do care about human hygene among other things.

1.0 out of 5 stars Used, missing parts, delay in connecting to iPhone 4, August 31, 2011
Craig Strong (Portland, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This unit arrived covered in scratches, looking very well used and with only one (very small) ear piece.

Seemed to be an actual Jawbone Era as I successfully updated the firmware via Jawbone's website. After updating there was still and unacceptably long delay before the headset connected to my iPhone 4.

Volume was louder than my Jawbone Icon but only slightly. Sound was more well defined, not a huge but noticeable improvement. Much heavier than my Icon.

I returned this unit and I won't buy another Era. The better sound on my end was the most important upgrade that I was after. Cutting a hole in my Icon's ear piece where the new ear pieces have their hole increased my sound volume enough for my needs.

1.0 out of 5 stars ITS USED - How dumb could I have been?, October 17, 2011
Very unhappy with the seller and with myself. I read about 100 reviews to decide on which unit to buy and when I saw the price on this as a "Bulk Package" unit I snapped it up. I mean; why read more reviews? Doh - they were all complaining about this seller - NOT the product. Sorry to say I wasted my time buying a used unit I only had to return (gross is right)- but the team at Amazon supported me well (after I asked for a manager on the phone support line).

I went with a unit that is sold and shipped BY Amazon - Motorola HX550 - which is outstanding! great features - super lightwieght - clarity and very good noise reduction - volume rocker with MUTE! uses micro USB like my phone to charge so its a snap! Buy this one - its much smaller than ERA, plus I have started to hear there are issues with people using the ERA/Jawbone cheek sensor anyway. Cheers!

1.0 out of 5 stars Jawbone may be awsome but Seller isn't, November 24, 2012
This review is from: Jawbone Era Bluetooth Headset - Midnight - Universal Packaging (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I bought this from 11th Street after confirming that this will be a brand new unit. But it was not so. Out of curiosity, I called Jawbone Customer service to check warranty status of my Era by giving serial no. The response was shocking. The item was an old one & not in warranty (I bought it on Oct 30, 2012). Below is excerpts from Jawbone response " The reason for this is because Jawbone warrants the original retail purchaser ("Amazon.com/11th street wireless"), for a period of one (1) year from date of original purchase. The limited warranty extends only to that "Amazon.com/11th street wireless" and is not assignable or transferable to any subsequent purchaser or user. We recommend contacting "11th street wireless" for any claims on the ERA you’ve purchased.".
So if you are buying any Jawbone product at Amazon from a Reseller, you will not get OEM warranty but only a 30 day return warranty from such resellers.

1.0 out of 5 stars not new, its used, August 31, 2012
Bluetooth was listed as new, when it arrived it turned out to in fact be used. Scuffing around the micro USB port. Also there was dust in-bedded in the headset.

2.0 out of 5 stars Should have got the retail package., February 21, 2012
They describe this particular ERA as "bulk packaging". I'm not sure what that means but you won't get a retail kit. Mine came with a single earbud which they state on the page. I think it's a random earbud. It happned to be the wrong one for the Jabra ear gels that are popular with this headsset. It didn't come with instructions. Those aren't hard to figure out by going to the Jawbone website. However Jawbone isn't helpful. They don't have downloadable instructions that I could find. That's something you would expect pre-internet. To get full functionality you have to install companion software on your iPhone or Android. The sofware though requires that you create an account on the Jawbone Website to update your headphone and to "activate it" so you can use the software with it. I can't see much reason to create yet another online account just to update my headset and ues it to it's full potential. Because of that, I'm dropping my rating a few notches. I bought a headset, not a relationship.

Personally I reccomend buying one of the retail packages if you find the ERA is something you want to buy. The bulk package based on ratings isn't consistant and had I read these reviews first instead of the ones for the retail package I would have avoided this particular deal.