Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "UP3 by Jawbone Heart Rate, Activity + Sleep Tracke...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 58% off the $179.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
UP3 by Jawbone Heart Rate, Activity + Sleep Tracker, Black Twist
|Price:||$88.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$91.04 (51%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Heart health monitoring throughout the day
- Get personalized guidance from Smart Coach
- Advanced sleep tracking automatically to capture REM, Light and Deep
- Smart Alarm(TM) silently wakes you at the optimal time in your sleep cycle
- Syncs wirelessly plus 7 days battery life
- Android compatibility - UP2, UP3 and UP4 are compatible with Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean) or later.
- iOS compatibility - UP2, UP3 and UP4 are compatible with the following iOS devices:iPhone 4S or newer, iPod Touch 5th generation or newer, iPad 3 or newer, iPad Mini 1st generation or newer, iPad Air 1st generation or newer
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- Size (LWH): 4.6 inches, 1.5 inches, 4.4 inches
- Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
Compare to Similar Items
This item: UP3 by Jawbone Heart Rate, Activity + Sleep Tracker, Black Twist
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Blazing Prices||Global Supplies (We currently can't ship to, HI, AK,APO,FPO, POB)||Global Supplies (We currently can't ship to, HI, AK,APO,FPO, POB)||E Zone Electronics|
|Color||Black Twist||Black Diamond||Light Grey Hex||Black Diamond|
|Dimensions||4.4 inches x 4.6 inches x 1.5 inches||0.33 inches x 8.66 inches x 0.45 inches||0.33 inches x 8.66 inches x 0.45 inches||5 inches x 5 inches x 2.5 inches|
|Item Package Weight||0.4 pounds||0.4 pounds||0.4 pounds||0.4 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Packaging||batteries contained in equipment||batteries contained in equipment||batteries contained in equipment||batteries contained in equipment|
|Supported Application||calorie intake||Information not provided||Information not provided||calorie intake|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
Heart rate monitoring throughout the day with advanced insights to help you improve your overall health.
Personalized insights from Smart Coach guide you to make healthier choices every day and deliver the motivation you need to reach your goals.
Advanced Sleep tracks the true sleep stages REM, Light and Deep so you can learn more about the quality of your sleep. Your band automatically knows when you go to bed.
The simplest way to get credit for your steps, exercise and overall calories burned throughout the day.
Top Customer Reviews
I had high hopes for the Up3, because of how much I liked the last two Jawbones I had, but the Up3 has totally fallen flat. I actually prefer the older UP24 to the Up3, but it is now discontinued (and like all my Jawbones it seemed to die 6-8 months after I got it.) I got the new Fitbit and the only downside to me is the size of the band and the perspiration build up that results from activity. That’s a small thing compared to the overall benefits. I think the Fitbit Charge HR is everything that the Jawbone Up3 should have been and it’s $30 cheaper.
Major points of difference
• UP3’s clasp is redesigned and now it unclasps and tries to fall off at least once a day. No issue with Fitbit. If I can lose the band, what’s the point of buying it?
• Heart Rate Monitor in the Up3 is worthless. Who wants to know HR once a day, first thing in the morning? The Fitbit has a continuous heart rate monitor which is helps during rest and being active. The worst part is the Up3 can measure HR like the Fitbit as the app has a graph of all the measurements it took while you were sleeping – so why not let us have the data all the time, Jawbone?
• Size – Up3 wins, hands down. The band is half as wide and during activity and sweating it doesn’t bother me like the ick that gathers under the Fitbit.
• Fitbit’s app has badges and you can do challenges with friends. I game and I <3 achievements and friendly competition.
• Fitbit - No turning it to “sleep mode” each night. What a concept! I’ve also noticed that the UP3 will reset to “active” mode if I have to get up in the middle of the night for a bathroom break.Read more ›
- If UP3 feels as though it is falling off, or has the tendency to come unclasped, we recommend double checking the fit of the band. A video on band wear & care is available at our support website, and this video includes pointers on sizing. Here's a direct link for your convenience: https://help.jawbone.com/articles/en_US/P
- While UP3 currently focuses specifically on Resting Heart Rate, the band is capable of providing much more, and we have future updates planned to deliver different types of heart rate readings. We believe Resting Heart Rate is one of the best indicators of overall heart health, but we also understand that our users have a desire and need for additional types of heart rate tracking. Since we've developed our products to evolve over time, we have the ability to offer new features to users without requiring changes in hardware. We will open new features over time through Over The Air (OTA) firmware updates, delivered through the UP app. More about our approach to heart rate is available through the Jawbone blog:
- We're thrilled to know the size of UP3 has delivered as it should for your experience. Wearability matters when it comes to 24/7 tracking, and that's why we've designed UP3 to be the most wearable Fitness Tracker out there.
- We have a feature in the UP app called Duels, and it's a fantastic way to challenge your friends (and yourself!) to reach new heights in steps. Challenge any one of your teammates to a 1, 3 or 7 day Duel and get moving!! :)
- Our Fitness Trackers "wake up" after you take 250 steps or more with the band in Sleep mode. Based on what you've described, it sounds as though your tracker may have been waking up sooner than this? If so, we'd like to investigate and help troubleshoot. The expected behavior is that UP stays asleep until the band feels confident you're truly awake (which is generally after taking 250 steps). Also - thank you for the suggestion on automatic sleep detection. We love to know what matters to our users.
- We've seen the power of Sleep (for better or worse!) in our day to day lives, which is why we've worked to deliver the most advanced, accurate sleep tracking experience possible through UP3. While we respect your commitment to total hours slept, we would also encourage you to look into the details of how Light, Deep & REM sleep impact your day to day & overall health. You might be surprised why how we sleep matters - we sure have been! Sleep is a journey, and definitely one worth taking. We have a resource available on this topic as well: https://jawbone.com/blog/sleep-week/
- So exciting to know that you've enjoyed the Insights! We work to keep UP as motivational and personal as possible, because that's what really matters - that the data is accessible to YOU. The day to day can vary, but changes over time - the weeks and months - are what really matter. At least in our opinion, anyway. :)
Thanks again for this review, Heather. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. And again, if you have any further feedback to share please feel welcome to reach out at email@example.com Best of luck in reaching your goals!!
1. It has better sleep tracking than most products on the market. Since I like to see how my activity, eating, and sleeping habits affect the quality of my sleep, this is a big plus for me, and it's nice to have all of my health tracking in one convenient band.
2. It's relatively small and lightweight compared to most products on the market. I'm used to wearing medium weight bangles and bracelets, and this feels as though I've just added another to my wrist.
3. It tracks running and workouts the way it’s supposed to and performs this function like any other comparable tracker on the market.
4. The companion app for the iPhone is great. Jawbone nailed the presentation and user friendly means of communicating useful information rather than simply providing graphs with raw data. It interprets your data for you and offers helpful suggestions on how to improve your lifestyle and health. It also syncs with Apple’s health app, so any data you’ve collected using other trackers (*cough* Apple Watch *cough*) or third party apps (like Sleep Cycle) can also be incorporated into your overall data. I love the companion app and will probably continue using it for a very long time. Even if you don’t purchase the band, I definitely recommend you download the app.
1. It's not waterproof after all.Read more ›
You are absolutely correct: when we first announced UP3 we were confident the product would exist as a waterproof fitness tracker. However, as we began to scale in the manufacturing process, we realized that a certain portion of product was not meeting our quality standards. This issue was specific to our standards of water performance. In order to deliver the highest quality possible, we scaled this specification back. UP3 still, however, remains water resistant at a level comparable to most other multi-sensor fitness trackers. We've shared more on this topic here: https://jawbone.com/blog/jawbone-announce
Some of the size issues you've described we have not heard from other users. The size ranges between UP24 and UP3 are comparable, so a medium size in UP24 equates a comfortable fit with UP3. If you have any additional feedback to share on this point, please feel welcome to send us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
We now have firmware 1.1 available for UP2 and UP3 users! Our Customer Care team can help you take advantage of this update at email@example.com This update includes a number of performance enhancements, including improvements to surface commands (so the band changes modes more accurately). If you'd like to take advantage of the 1.1 firmware update, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let our team know. Future feature updates are coming soon as well!
I've been wearing this for over a month now, and it has been solid.
* Smallest band on the market as far as I know (height and width), and this one fits nicely under my shirt sleeve
* Jawbone's analytics beat everything else I've seen, and more specifically from Fitbit. (Others I know with a Fitbit complain about their lack of analytics and insight when they see mine)
* Love the battery life - this is keeping me away from Apple Watch and others
* New clasp style is better than the UP24
* Sleep cycles are more useful now (REM/Deep/Light/Awake), and show up after the band syncs in the morning, even if I forget to put it in sleep mode
* Clasp occasionally comes loose, but I always know when it happens (there's a Reddit post on how to fix this, but it may void the warranty)
* It actually takes a triple click to change modes most of the time (easy to get in the habit of a triple click)
If my experience changes, I'll update this post.
I preordered the UP3 band in November 2014 after having been hospitalized with a heart problem (since resolved) and I wanted a device to monitor my heart rate thereafter and to provide me some sense of peace of mind. Although the Fitbit Charge HR has a screen, I was concerned of reports of skin irritation with other Fitbit devices, reports you have to wear it further up your forearm for accurate heart rate and also I thought being able to so easily check my heart rate might encourage my own paranoia about my heart rate.
I chose the UP3 because it claimed to be the most advanced tracker available. I buy the idea that the sensors we are familiar with on gym equipment for heart rate (the bars you hold with your hands) are more likely to be accurate than a sensor that measures the light reflected from a tiny light shining on your skin, even more so given all other trackers that rely on a light beam shine it on the outside part of your arm not the inside, and we all know doctors measure heart beat by placing fingers on the inside of your wrist. The UP3 has sensors within the clasp that go all the way around your wrist – to me this makes sense. Anyway, this was just my opinion and not based on any research I did then or since.
The best thing about the UP3 is how small, lightweight and comfortable it is. Most of the time I forget I am even wearing it. Unlike others who have complained of problems with the clasp, I have only experienced problems 3 times when the clasp came loose.
I have had the UP3 for 2-3 months now. Right now I would strongly recommend AGAINST purchasing this band for anyone else interested in a fitness tracker.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Useful - especially regarding sleep habits. I don't have a problem with it falling off, as many reviewers have, but I did purchase one of the rubber stops for that early on. Read morePublished 6 hours ago by jmcato
so I am....or was a Fitbit Charge HR owner. But after going through 4 of them in a year I decided it's time to look for something else. Read morePublished 10 hours ago by barleypopmaker
Replaced my older UP2, this one's just as great and has more features.Published 18 hours ago by Jimmy50
I've only been wearing it for three weeks but so far it's great. I'm am finding the need to charge twice a week. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Jeffrey McElroy
I ordered gold twist up3 for my gf but got silver cross. So far it works good. The only issue is that I received a different color from what I've orderedPublished 1 day ago by Art
This is my second purchase I originally had the up 24 I had a few problems with it but the customer service of jawbone was outstanding. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Hi
Clasp kept opening on its own. It finally fell off and is now lost.Published 1 day ago by Michele Krill
Jawbone has some serious quality control issues and this product should not even be on the market. I have gone through three of them, and the longest any of them have worked is six... Read morePublished 1 day ago by tekipaki
Did not live up to the hype. Main problems band and clasp keep tearing apart. I love it but just putting it on to wear it is a struggle. Read morePublished 1 day ago by andrea kinder