Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

Color: Red Dot|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on February 10, 2015
Let me start out by saying, I used to like this product, but recently it stopped charging, and the only way to use it, is to plug it in, and that sucks. I contacted Jawbone, they offered me a 25% discount on a new one, but I wanted this one fixed or replaced.

The most noticeable problem with the Big Jambox is that it dents easily, and I have a case on it from day 1.

Volume is so-so, not loud in some situations.

Lastly, when it did charge, the charge did not last that long.

Overall, it's ok, if it does not break on you, but I'm moving over to Bose, Good Bye Jambox!
on November 3, 2015
Wow! This thing BUMPS! I teach Zumba and I use it to practice out in the open and I take it to work for my desk. It sounds really great and the battery is awesome! I like the fact that you can update it and it comes with everything you need. I would recommend buying a case. I bought the Caseline case for it (see review on product page) and it is awesome! This speaker will get a lot of use. Please note that it does not charge via micro USB however, it comes with a charger.
on October 22, 2015
This portable speaker has the best overall sound and volume for the size and price (as this is my 2nd BIG Jambox).

I wish these has the functionality of Syncing with other Jawbone speakers the way the UE Boom is able to pair with its own kind.
on June 22, 2015
I bought this after hearing the little brother Jambox mini speaker.
I feel it has "good" sound for its size but not great sound. Volume is sufficient, not great. I have to repair it nearly every use as it forgets "who" my phone is when I've been out of range for a short time. The "live audio" is clever but seems to be nothing more than a little bit of reverberation. It throws the values of the channels out of whack and at times it's like one one channel is nearly off (depends on the music).

Bottom line: would I spend $~200 again for one of these units? MMmmm, I don't think so.
on April 21, 2014
I love this speaker. The sound is great. It is loud when turned up. I ordered the "Jambox Pro Carrying Case With Roady Attachment" for it also, and it makes a great way to carry this unit around.My only complaints are:

*) Jambone states that the battery cannot be replaced.I looked around to see if anyone had done this on their own, but have not found any info on it yet. It may be to early for this since this is a fairly new product, and the battery should last a while. I do plan to replace the battery myself when it goes out, but I have a lot of technical experience. Before I decided to by the Jawbone, I looked at many other bluetooth speakers, and only the Bose had a replaceable battery. I would like to see other companies offer cordless speakers with replaceable batteries.
on March 1, 2015
I have the Mini Jambox and I love the sound and the size. My thinking was if this unit sounds like this can you imagine what the Big Jambox sounds like? I ordered one used for about $100. The seller did say there were dents and scratches,but it works great...and does it ever! Looks like the unit has fallen a few times, hence the low price, but the sound is incredible!

I've always enjoyed the "surround" aspect of one piece units, and by applying Live Audio, this really adds depth to the unit. It sounds great on the Mini Jambox and on the Big Jambox it is stunning. Watching movies on this thing is amazing. I have Bose Computer speakers and other portable speakers,but the Big Jambox is the best sounding speaker I ever heard. I could have gone with a similar sized Bose, which I understand has deeper,richer bass,but I wanted that Live Audio feature.

I've only had it two days,but I am thrilled with this Jambox, dents and all. The Mini Jambox is ideal for walks and stuffing it in a pocket,so that incredible sound is extremely portable, but at home or in a car without an aux, the Big Jambox is perfect.

I wasn't familiar with Jawbone before I received the Mini jambox as a gift. Now I have both. These are truly amazing speakers and the fact they are bluetooth and have great battery life are just two more reasons to own them.
on October 6, 2014
AWESOME. I had the small jam box but wanted something that was better outside. The small worked well inside or as some background music, but not to really bring the party. This one is amazing. Best example is using it as the party box for a summer softball game. Was too loud for the pitcher to hear the ump and loud enough for the outfielders to jam. This thing is almost uncomfortably loud in an apartment.
on October 26, 2013
I recently bought the BIG Jambox after reading all of the good reviews on Amazon. Having had the device for a few weeks now, I can say that it is mediocre at best. I like to hear a lot of detail in the music I listen to and the Jambox sounds a bit "muddy" to me. It gets loud enough, but as far as music separation goes, if you want a high quality sound, buy something else. I tried the Live Audio function and could barely tell a difference whether it was turned on or not. Since I am using the Jambox when I exercise, I don't plan to return it. But if I was buying something for my bedroom, I would have sent it back right away.
on May 4, 2015
I was heavily torn between this device and the bose soundlink mini. I'm not an audiophile by any means, and I find that reading about sound quality is the same as reading about color descriptions or food reviews. It really doesn't do it justice until the object is in front of you so that you can hear, see, or taste what is going on and come to your own conclusion. Both devices have stellar reviews, and I couldn't really decide which one to get.

Ultimately, what made me choose the Jawbone was the slightly more chic look of the patterned mesh along with the overall larger size and max volume. As I said, I'm not overly picky and just want an aesthetically pleasing speaker that performs the job its supposed to do. The Bluetooth pairing is effortless, and the downloadable jawbone software has a couple neat options such as changing up the voice to a robot or sultry lady. Having all the buttons be different shapes so that if you're ever in a dim room or in the car that you can just feel what your pressing without looking.

I've had no issues with battery life, and overall I'm very happy with this purchase.
on September 23, 2012
Sound quality is excellent for the size as all the other reviews state. Has a durable feel to it. No bluetooth issues. The range is definitely not 30 feet though. Excellent connection up to 15 feet on average. One minor complaint is that the front and back longitudinal edge is not soft and the paint will wear off a bit in that area if given the chance. No regrets on the purchase.