5.0 out of 5 stars BEST GAME

Published on February 8, 2007 by dontbossme

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST GAME, November 5, 2004
J. England (Wesley Chapel, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sequence for Kids (Toy)
This game is the best. I tell all of my friends to BUY it for every kid on the list. The game can be played as the directions state or a variation. For the older child play memory or matching. My 2 year old loves to group the colors, simply identify the animals or sound, and match the cards to the board. This is my six year olds favorite game and has been since he received it for his 3rd birthday. Best of all it can be quickly replayed if the wrong person(mom) wins the game. The whole family will enjoy.Strategy, memory, and fun!!! As far as i can tell Toys R Us is the only place to buy this great game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for kids at 3.5 and up, January 24, 2003
By A Customer
My 4 yr old got this game as a gift and, although
slowly at the beginning, learned to play it very
well. He loves it so much and makes everyone play
it with him (and frequently wins against adults).
Along with my father-in-law, he came up with a few
alternative rules (build 5 in a row to win instead
of 4, etc.) that makes it even more fun. My son
enjoys it so much, in fact, that now he demands to
be called "Unicorn" !!! :) He has also developed a
particular talent for drawing a Unicorn or a Dragon
(or both) in almost every game. We used to help my son
by trying to deal those cards to him, but have long
since stopped and he still manages to draw them more
often than the statistical odds would suggest :)
Encouraged by how much he loves his sequence game, we
decided to buy him another board game and bought him a
100-acre wood edition of Candyland. What a disappointment
it was for all of us! You can check out my full Candyland
review if you want, but it all boils down to this: don't
waste your money on Candyland and buy this game instead -
it's great and our whole family, just like the other
reviewer's, loves to play it together.
One last thing to keep in mind: given the board size, the
game is better played with 2 or 3 players, not 4
(especially if you require 5 in a row to win instead of 4).

5.0 out of 5 stars Sequence for Kids game - GREAT, September 6, 2004
This review is from: Sequence for Kids (Toy)
This game is terrific. We bought it for our 4 year old but our 8 year old enjoys playing it just as much. It is probably too challenging for the age group it is listed for and better suited for 5-8 year olds. It is one game that my husband and I don't mind playing over and over again. It is educational and fun and teaches strategy and is different each time. I would highly recommend it for any child.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great game, a little old though for a 3 year old, February 8, 2007
dontbossme (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sequence for Kids (Toy)
I got this game for my 3 year old for xmas. Her 5 and 6 year old sisters are starting to understand more board games and this sounded perfect for her. My opinion is that it is no where near appropriate for someone under 5-6 years old. My 3 and 5 year olds are of normal intelligence and my 6 year old-brilliant. The 3 year old works to match the animals and doesn't always remember she's suppose to be putting 4 in a row. She CERTAINLY doesn't understand the idea of strategy of putting chips near other animals to set-up possible rows. The 5 year old knows that, but doesn't grasp the strategy of blocking anyone or removing someone's chip that would prevent them from winning.

I know i'm their mom, but I don't think they are any less than normal in their understanding of games and the goals of games that are age appropriate.

Its just my opinion that this is wholly misrepresented in its age-range. Otherwise it's a great game. I gave it 3 stars only because the children withing the age-range stated aren't able to understand it and I wouldn't buy it again. We've just had to make up our own rules so the kids can still 'play'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Recommend!, April 21, 2005
This review is from: Sequence for Kids (Toy)
I put this game on my son's wishlist for his 5th birthday. I was searching for some board games that we could play together quietly while my daughter is napping. I was not familiar with the game, but after reading the reviews I added it to his list and I am glad I did. It is very simple and easy to learn (a three year old could definitely play this) and a good first game to start learning about strategy (you need four in a row to win). Many of the other games we have played are pure luck (like Candyland and Chutes and Ladders). This game gives kids the opportunity to do some decision making.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this game!, October 12, 2003
Eric's Mom (Wickliffe, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sequence for Kids (Toy)
I have enjoyed the adult version of Sequence since it first came out. It was the top selling game that year - and - they don't even advertise! I found this game during the multi-state blackout this summer - I figured we could play by candlelight on our patio set. My son (4 1/2) loves this game. I don't have to keep reminding him of what to do, which is a huge plus. I'm not a fan of "gimmicky" games, those that are more on the toy side rather than game side - I cannot stand The Wheels on the Bus (I tell my son it's broken). Being a game player myself, I want my son to enjoy games whether it's cards or board games and this is one that I can enjoy playing with him over and over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good game, March 23, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Sequence for Kids (Toy)
This has turned out to be a very good game for our kids. They
are 5 and 3, they are able to play this game by themselves (I
have to deal the cards to get them started) I don't mind playing
it myself, we have the usual Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, etc.
and I probably like this the best. The other day I had 4 kids
playing, and I didn't have to interfer all too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's about time! Not another memory game, please!!, August 30, 2004
This review is from: Sequence for Kids (Toy)
If you are ready to move on from the incredibly boring memory games then Sequence is for you! My 3 1/2 year old loved this! The concept is easy but it requires a bit of thinking, strategy, and luck (which never hurts). She is 5 1/2 now and still chooses to play this game. I'm thinking we may be ready to move on to the original Sequence because she thinks she is such a pro at this.

This will definitely be put in the attic, unlike most of her games in this age range (Ex. Hungry Hippos---boring!), for when my son is ready for it. It's nice that you can actually play a game where the child actually is expected to think a bit.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Game for ages 3 and up!!, December 10, 2002
Jennifer Motz (Winston-Salem, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sequence for Kids (Toy)
As lovers of the parental version, SEQUENCE, we gave this game a shot. Great game!! For our 2 year old son, it allows him to learn matching and colors (the chips). For our 4 1/2 year old son, it teaches him spatial orientation (by trying to get a sequence...diagonals, lines, etc.) and helps him learn to read. The names on the cards are cute and easy to learn. This game is played every day at our house and ALL of us(including the parents) enjoy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Game!!!, February 4, 2005
This review is from: Sequence for Kids (Toy)
Easy to play, and good for memory. My kids love it. Plus, they learned a few animal names that they didn't know. Excellent!!

Sequence for Kids