Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jay Turser 200 Series Jt-220-serpent-te Electric Guitar, Tiger Eye
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 11, 2013
I absolutely love my Jay Turser with a honey/tobacco sunburst that I purchased almost 10 years ago... Heavy, solid, and with a pickup switch was exactly what I wanted and can stack up to our lead guitarists Gib on stage and recording. I was hoping to duplicate that with this good looking guitar.... but was let down. Wood finish does not have as much movement as the one in the picture, but then again they never do. Still a nice finish. The book match of the top is not mirror, but I LOVE that about both of the Jay Turser guitars that I own. The inlay looks a bit more "cheap" in person, and most importantly this thing is LIGHT.... too much weight reduction. No where near the resonance of my old one. Jay Turser, you can build a masterpiece, so please go back to the way you used to do it.
on December 14, 2012
Yeah, right off the bat....the guitar that arrived is NOT Tiger Eye as advertised. Instead it is Flamed, but is beautiful nonetheless.

The Serpent design is really cool looking, especially up close.

This guitar is great eye candy. As guitars go, it is a bit sloppy in fit and finish. Under close inspection, I doubt that it would be acceptable to discerning buyers....but for less that $300 bucks....it is a nice guitar.

It has great tone, excepting the 11th thru 13th frets, where the assembler must have been asleep on the fret grinder. It is going to cost me a bundle to get the frets releveled....considered sending it back....but like my 1st wife, is too pretty to part with.

This is a relatively cheap guitar that looks and sounds great, despite the cheesy construction.

A brand name LP guitar with similar materials and design would cost at least 5 ties more...so for the bucks, I give the JT220 Serpent a thumbs up.
on December 29, 2011
I absolutely fell in love with the guitar in the picture and bought one Dec 2011. What came in the mail is a very nice guitar, but the wood finish is VERY different from what is in the picture here on Amazon and on Jay Turser's website as well. The wood grain is not the tiger eye, "quilted" maple. It is a flame maple finish, the same as every other Davison, Epiphone, and other Jay Turser guitars. Its also more red then the brown shown in all the photos. I sent a note and pictures to Jay Turser figuring I had some sort of mistake as my guitar does indeed have the serpent inlay in the neck, just the body of the guitar is different. The reply I got back was disheartening. They told me that

"The guitars will always come out a little different when working with woods. Perhaps it would be advisable to visit the music store and pick the one that you find most striking?"

So - of course, I bought it from AMazon - there is NO music store. So - now I have to return it, as this is not what I wanted. If I wanted a "striped" looking flame maple I would save $100 and buy a different J200 Turser, or save even ore and get an Agile or Davison....

BTW - if you dont care about the finish - the guitar is fine in every other way, plays fine, setup was good, finish and quality is nice - its just not what you see in the picture.

The body of the guitar looks identical to their cheaper 220s but has the gold hardware.

I cant put picture links here - but if you go to the Jay Turser website and click on the JT220D guitar and look at the tiger eye finish. Thats the body of the guitar I got - that reddish brown striped flame top, but with the gold hardware and serpent neck. Then click on the JT220D serpent and look at that one, you can see VERY different they are - more then just grain variation.

EDIT - I was able to add a picture of the one I did get (before I returned it) and you can clearly see the difference. If you like that finish, its a great guitar, but you can save $150 and get a regular JT220 that looks the same except for the serpent inlay.... Hope this helps someone else.
review image