4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, good sound. But is it really useful?
The Jaybird SB2 headset is a must for working out while watching videos or listening to music on your iPhone or iPad. I bought this adapter to provide CD-quality sound to the Jaybird headset from my iPhone 4, since the iPad already delivers this.

Published on October 23, 2010 by A. Steven

2.0 out of 5 stars Not "Plug and Play!
I purchased this item direct from Jaybird, but thought it worth posting here on Amazon.
I previously was using the Halo bluetooth headset which finally gave up and broke at the hinges (as everyone thought it might), and so have some experience with Bluetooth headphones.

Published on July 29, 2010 by P. R. Rowlinson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not "Plug and Play!, July 29, 2010
This review is from: JayBird iSport Bluetooth Adapter for iPhone/Pod - Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)

I bought the Jaybird adapter because it would solve the issue of out of synch audio when wathcing movies on the iPhone. It does!
It also has great sound quality with deep base, rich midtones and great treble. I don't know how much of this relates to the Headphones versus the adapter though. Also positive is that you can use the track change buttons which normally do not work via bluetooth on the iPhone. So where is the problem?

Connection: Once paired, bluetooth devices should find each other. This doesn't. In fact you have to turn on the Headphones and then plug in the adapter within a few seconds. If you don't follow this sequence it doesn't re-establish the connection. This gets old.

Phone connection: The headphones have a microphone so that you can make and answer calls. This doesn't work with the Bluetooth adapter.

Skipping: When walking with the iPhone in a pocket, the sound skips frequently and badly. If you hold the iPhone, there is no problem. It seems that when the adapter is touching something: that's when it skips. This was problem also with the earlier version according to the reviews.

Also, I get an error message periodically on my iPhone4 that says this device is not compatible. It only comes up periodically so I am not sure what to make of that.

So if it wasn't for watching movies, then I would not bother with this at all.

Update: I requested and received a replacement device. No improvement. As a note: then I used the Headphones with my iPhone 4, and there was no synch delay with the audio track at all. I understand that the next release of the iPhone O/S will support bluetooth with track control, so there is no need for this device with the iPhone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, good sound. But is it really useful?, October 23, 2010
A. Steven (Guildford UK) - See all my reviews

No question, there is a difference in the sound quality with the adapter, vs. without it. And that is pleasurable. The Jaybirds get a wider spectrum of response and deeper field of sound. Anecdotal responses from friends and family say that this is not just my ears - there is an appreciable difference in quality.

However, even though the adapter is very small -- and smaller than others on the market -- it still protrudes from the iPhone 4. And I also have to take the rubber bumper off otherwise it does not connect, which leaves the phone exposed to damage from dropping it as you power walk or run. Which necessitates an additional phone holder with space for the adapter ... and these are not easy to find.

So for the moment it is being used to deliver high quality sound inside the home or in the gym, rather than on the road (ie running machine).

Connecting the Jaybirds to the phone is not automatic and when you go out and then return to Bluetooth range (about 6-7 yards IMO) you have to mess about with the headsets and the phone settings, rather than just hearing the device being reacquired. This is not the case without the adaptor, so there's a minor glitch in the driver somewhere. The adapter does not work with the iPad.

Does it do what it says in the can? Yes - and worth 4-5 stars for that.
Is it practical and useful? For my lifestyle choices, it gets a 2-3 stars for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jaybird iSport Bluetooth Adapter, July 14, 2011
This is the smallest bluetooth adapter for iPods and iPod Nano. Its sleek design is the best for the 6th Generation iPod Nano especially when it's worn as a watch on your wrist. It's a little pricey as compare to other iPod Bluetooth adapters but it's worth the extra money for the sleek design and not to mention the nice glossy black paint. A must have if you want to convert your 6th Generation iPod Nano to become your wristwatch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it needs to do..., May 12, 2011
I use this with their BT headset and a new iPod nano attached to a watchband for listening to music when I work out. I do not have inappropriate expectations about sound quality, but I think it works just fine. No muss, little fuss (getting it to pair first time). Overall, I would certainly buy it again, and I would (and have) recommend to others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Life, September 29, 2011
Jacel (Miami, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my Ipod Nano. I have the Jaybird bluetooth headset and I was loving this device... unfortunately, the nano touch is not bluetooth equiped. So I went to amazon and carefully searched & reviewed adopter for my thing. At last, I decided to buy this Jaybird bluetooth adopter, I thought, since Jaybird is my headset so it would be cool if the two is on same company. Once connected to the ipod, my headset will recognized it so quick I don't even have to do nothing else except playing my songs and enjoy them.

I always use my nano as a wacth and this adopter is so small that it looks cute w/ it. They are matched perfectly.

The only problem I have is that I use to have the battery of my nano last for around 6hrs w/ continous playing and sometimes turning the backlit on to search specific music to play...but with the bluetooth attached to it, the battery last at least 3hrs more or less which is not so cool with me so I'm putting 4stars on this review.

Otherwise, if you have a bluetooth headset & a nano touch ipod and would love to have your life free of wires, this is a must have & should be your first choice of bluetooth. Let's face it, this is the smallest bluetooth adopter you could ever find & would perfectly fit with the nano even while using it as a watch.

Oh.....and my headset sound its best with this adopter.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for ipod nano, September 3, 2012
I can't recommend this for the ipod nano. Yes, it does work great when you are using it in perfect conditions, but there are problems:

#1: Sucks the battery within a couple hours, even when the nano is not being used. Without this adapter, I can go several days without charging my nano. With the adapter, a couple hours of use and the ipod is dead. Battery continues to drain when not in use; if you don't remember to remove the adapter when you stop using the nano, you will have a dead nano next time you pick it up. And when you separate the two, of course the adapter is easily lost, as it is so small. All in all, the management of this is a real pain and not worth the convenience of wireless.

#2: Pairing issues. Every time you unplug the adapter - which you must do if you want to conserve battery - the pairing is forgotten. In order to re-pair, you have to follow a sequence or it won't happen. First, put your headphones in Pair mode, then plug in the adapter, put that in pair mode (sometimes it will do it on its own), then wait. This gets a little old.

#3: Automatically puts ipod in "Play" mode when plugged in. This is a problem if you listen to audio books. As you are attempting to pair, you have to remember to push pause on the ipod. If you don't, by the time you pair and get your headphones on and set up, you've missed several minutes of your book.

#4: Low signal. You have to keep your device pretty close to your headphones, even with high-quality headphones. With my phone, I can walk anywhere in my house with my devices paired and not get an iterruption. With this, if I don't keep it within several inches of the headphones, I will get interruptions. I have to keep it in my bra. If I keep it in my pocket, it doesn't always work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Constructed Product, January 11, 2012
Joel G. Gaspar (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this Bluetooth adapter along with the Jaybird Freedom headphones. When removing the adapter from my iPod Nano the cover kept coming off exposing the chipboard. At first I didn't think nothing of it. But after running a half marathon with it, the cover came off without be realizing it till the end of the race. I was very disappointed by how poorly constructed this adapter was. I contacted Jaybird and they couldn't warranty it since I purchased it from a non-authorized vendor. It still works but I'd rather have something of higher quality. I will give the Sony adapter a shot.

If you care about high quality, purchase something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but required extra work to function with iPod nano 6G, February 24, 2011
In order to get this to work with the nano 6G, I needed to download the nano software update that allows the nano to be turned "off" and attached the iSport to the nano while it was powered down. Attaching the iSport while the nano is "on" resulted in a message on the nano that the technology was not supported.

The only complaint I have is the the iSport needs to be detached in order to stop it from draining the nano's battery when I'm not using it. Not a huge drawback, but definitely an engineering over-sight.

2.0 out of 5 stars JayBird iSport - does not work as "advertised", June 28, 2012
C. Reeves (Virginia Beach, VA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased the JayBird iSport to use with my iPod 6th Gen and my Sony HBH-IS800 bluetooth headphones. Out of the box it looked great and seemed to work well with my iPod. I checked the info sheet to make sure the bluetooth codecs were the same as my headphones and they were so I proceeded. After trying to pair the headphones and the JayBird SEVERAL times I contacted JayBird on their website via customer service chat. The representative told me that they did not "guarantee the iSport would work with other bluetooth headphones". I informed him (Chris) that I wish they had mentioned that on their website prior to my purchase. Thankfully Amazon and J&R Music (retailer that shipped the unit) were understanding and took the product back. I just ordered the Kokkia transmitter and will post a review of that one after I try it out. HOPEFULLY theirs is designed to work with all bluetooth headphones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works flawlessly. Very satisfied. Really tiny & unobtrusive., January 16, 2011
This is one of those unusual products that just does what it says it will do, and does it well. I plug it into my new Square format clip on Nano, it starts blinking, I put the Jaybird phones within a foot or two,they talk, connect, and it makes music. It flashes one blue flash you're connected in standard Bluetooth mode, and double flashes if you're connected in Apt-x mode. They say that in Apt-x mode they transmit CD quality sound. I can't swear to that but combined with the Jaybird sports band phones they give me excellent quality for my use, which is particularly at the gym. These just do the job and work well.