5.0 out of 5 stars gentle video is ideal background during child's play-time
Unlike some videos which seem to have a frenetic MTV pace to them, 'Jazz Baby Jazz' offers a gentler pace, which I believe is more appropriate for young children. The video presents colorful animated graphics (animals, cars, bouncing balls, etc.) interspersed with live action footage of babies and toddlers playing with toys.

We've played this video in the...
Published on February 8, 2006 by Ryan

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring
My 1 year old was not interested in this at all. He seemed very bored watching it. It might be meant for younger ones.
Published 12 months ago by Alison Link

5.0 out of 5 stars gentle video is ideal background during child's play-time, February 8, 2006
Ryan (Alpine, CA, United States) - See all my reviews

We've played this video in the background when our 10-month old is playing with his toys. He tends to look up at the TV periodically, and if he catches one of the clips of another child, it holds his attention for 10-20 seconds. Generally, though, he isn't too interested in the animated graphics. He'll look for a few seconds and then return to what he's doing. Some might think the video isn't so good if it can't hold his attention. But I argue the opposite. Any video that turns a kid into a glassy-eyed zombie who can't look away from the images should be destroyed. So I really appreciate the fact that this video offers something of a slower pace, that allows my child to watch for a little while, but then lets him get back to his business. (Of course, we rarely ever have the TV on--generally it's just for movies after the kid goes to bed--so perhaps he hasn't had time to be zombified.)

It's also nice that the images are accompanied by a hip jazzy soundtrack. I want my boy to be musical. Oh, sure--the Baby Mozart and Baby Bach and Baby Mike Oldfield and all the other classical selections are probably great for kids, but come on--let's have some variety! Jazz, baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars My twins love this!, April 26, 2014
This review is from: Jazz Baby Jazz - The Colors of Music (Amazon Instant Video)
First, I'm not a huge fan of jazz. However, since they were 8 months old, my twins love this video--from the music, the images, and the sounds. My son used to hurriedly toddle his way to the television as soon as he heard the introductory music. Even to this day, he will cry out with excitement when he sees it. The coloring and the sounds of movement seem to rivet my twins, who are almost 22 months old now.

A few commentaries compared this video to the Baby Einstein series. I found this video because none of the Baby Einstein videos captured my twins attention. The music just wasn't intriguing enough for the twins. As for criticizing the images as being poor quality--I disagree. It was simple and basic---which quite frankly is what little ones need as they can only focus on a few images at a time.

I highly recommend this video. While there is jazz music playing on occasion, there are enough sounds and simple images to intrigue little ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our 10 month old grandson loved it., April 17, 2013
Music, puppets, and photography/art all wonderful. The colors captivating his little 10 month old senses. We used it on a road trip to reward him for having to sleep away from home for a couple nites. Just enough at times when his patience wore from being in the car too long. He loved it. Movie just 39 minutes---not too much stimulation. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, July 10, 2007
I have a very active baby! She does not care for Baby Einstein DVDs, but LOVES Jazz Baby Jazz. Her eyes are glued. It is the greatest thing for helping me get dinner ready! Thank you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars our favorite!, October 9, 2006
shannon hoffman (Dublin, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This is my triplets' favorite video! The pace is of the graphics is good for babies and toddlers and the music is enjoyable even for adults.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Video for Babies, March 26, 2014
My eight month old grandson was amused by this video. Nice music. Simple scenes. Video kept him amused for several minutes at a time.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, September 20, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars My baby LOVES this video, March 8, 2013
I wasn't too impressed at first, however my opinion doesn't matter. My baby loves this video! Thus, I do too. He sometimes squeals with delight when he sees the other children in the video. The music is catchy and upbeat. This has been a very handy a few times when he was really fussy and I needed help to calm him down. We watched part of it together and it distracted him nicely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 7, 2014
My baby liked the movie. Kept her attention.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love for Jazz Baby Jazz, June 18, 2014
My 6 month old grandson loves this video so much. It seems to calm him on the rate occasion he's fussy and excites him when he's happy, which is most of the time. :)

Rate and Discover Movies