Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jazz Baby Jazz - The Colors of Music
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 8, 2006
Unlike some videos which seem to have a frenetic MTV pace to them, 'Jazz Baby Jazz' offers a gentler pace, which I believe is more appropriate for young children. The video presents colorful animated graphics (animals, cars, bouncing balls, etc.) interspersed with live action footage of babies and toddlers playing with toys.

We've played this video in the background when our 10-month old is playing with his toys. He tends to look up at the TV periodically, and if he catches one of the clips of another child, it holds his attention for 10-20 seconds. Generally, though, he isn't too interested in the animated graphics. He'll look for a few seconds and then return to what he's doing. Some might think the video isn't so good if it can't hold his attention. But I argue the opposite. Any video that turns a kid into a glassy-eyed zombie who can't look away from the images should be destroyed. So I really appreciate the fact that this video offers something of a slower pace, that allows my child to watch for a little while, but then lets him get back to his business. (Of course, we rarely ever have the TV on--generally it's just for movies after the kid goes to bed--so perhaps he hasn't had time to be zombified.)

It's also nice that the images are accompanied by a hip jazzy soundtrack. I want my boy to be musical. Oh, sure--the Baby Mozart and Baby Bach and Baby Mike Oldfield and all the other classical selections are probably great for kids, but come on--let's have some variety! Jazz, baby.
on April 26, 2014
First, I'm not a huge fan of jazz. However, since they were 8 months old, my twins love this video--from the music, the images, and the sounds. My son used to hurriedly toddle his way to the television as soon as he heard the introductory music. Even to this day, he will cry out with excitement when he sees it. The coloring and the sounds of movement seem to rivet my twins, who are almost 22 months old now.

A few commentaries compared this video to the Baby Einstein series. I found this video because none of the Baby Einstein videos captured my twins attention. The music just wasn't intriguing enough for the twins. As for criticizing the images as being poor quality--I disagree. It was simple and basic---which quite frankly is what little ones need as they can only focus on a few images at a time.

I highly recommend this video. While there is jazz music playing on occasion, there are enough sounds and simple images to intrigue little ones.
on April 5, 2015
My son loves this video. We got it for him around 14/15 months. He's now almost 20 months and still loves it. He watches pretty intently and dances to some of the music. There is little (if any) dialogue other than the names of the colors, lots of fun sounds and images of common objects/animals that littles can identify. My son especially loves to point out the fish during the underwater scene.
on April 17, 2013
Music, puppets, and photography/art all wonderful. The colors captivating his little 10 month old senses. We used it on a road trip to reward him for having to sleep away from home for a couple nites. Just enough at times when his patience wore from being in the car too long. He loved it. Movie just 39 minutes---not too much stimulation. :)
on March 8, 2013
I wasn't too impressed at first, however my opinion doesn't matter. My baby loves this video! Thus, I do too. He sometimes squeals with delight when he sees the other children in the video. The music is catchy and upbeat. This has been a very handy a few times when he was really fussy and I needed help to calm him down. We watched part of it together and it distracted him nicely.
on September 7, 2014
Our baby absolutely loves this. I wish there were more videos like this. It is simple enough to keep her attention for long periods of time. It doesn't have sing-along style music or characters with annoying voices. I can deal with the same jazz tune playing in the background while she plays.
on October 9, 2006
This is my triplets' favorite video! The pace is of the graphics is good for babies and toddlers and the music is enjoyable even for adults.
on June 4, 2014
It's definitely a strange video and at first I thought there was no way my almost 2 yr old daughter would watch it. But the music is fantastic and she loves the colors and images. She always asks for the monkey video.
on May 1, 2016
4 months to 2 years old. They live it!! It easy to listen to as an adult. Easy to use as tool for teaching color, words, objects. Seems to calm the children as visual shapes colors etc move across screen
on April 2, 2013
I'm glad this rental was only $1.99/7 days because it's definitely not worth any more than that (IF THAT!)! It features weird puppets, little kids playing, low quality animations and really uninteresting music.