Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jazzercise: Burlesque
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: DVD|Change

on December 30, 2011
I had went to Zumba classes before and loved them but didn't want to pay the expensive trips for each class. So when I ran across this DVD and watched a clip of it on -[...]- I thought I would really love it. So I bought it on amazon.com and did it the first day I got it. I absolutely love it!! And I really worked up a sweat and had to stop a couple of times because I was out of breath! It's about 45 minutes long but there are so many different dances/exercises that I didn't feel like I worked out that long. It's great and would recommend it to anyone who loves to dance or who loves to just have fun and work out. I'm so glad I got this and love it! I've got other DVD's that I don't really like and are now collecting dust, but this DVD will definitely not!! 5 stars!!!!
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2012
I am middle-aged, usually do walking exercise DVDs (Sansonne), and get bored easily. Since I am also somewhat out of shape, I chose to do the quick workout first. There are 4 short routines which are fun to do and the moves easy to learn. But.....it is very fast. You start off with a very nice and unique warm-up and from that point on there is no slowing down. I've only been able to complete 2 of the 4 routines - not because they are difficult to follow but I'm more out of shape than I thought. My advice, if you are new to this kind of dance workout, watch the routines first and try out a move or more at your own pace until you feel you've got it down. I jumped right in and tried to keep up with the pace while doing moves that I never had done before. I ended up with a slight strain in my lower back because of bad form. All in all, a fun workout with good background music and motivating instructor.
on January 22, 2012
This is the best dance dvd and I have many. It's very much like a class you would do at the gym as you learn the moves as you go. If you like Zumba classes at the gym (that play current music and not just the Latin tunes) then you will enjoy this dvd. There is no slow break down of moves and then you finally do the full routine at the end like most dance dvd's, you learn simple, fun routines and learn them as you go at pace. This is a great workout, fun to do, awesome music. I hope Jazzercise comes out with a series of these Burlesque dance dvd's. Maybe other instructors/companies will catch on that this is a type of workout that is truly lacking in the current market. I enjoy the Zumba dvd workouts, but just get tired of the Latin music - it's a nice change to dance to songs I know and they are "current" not oldies or some weird electronic music you have never heard of that's cheesy or bad. This workout will make you want to get up and dance!!!! LOVE IT!!!
on October 14, 2013
I have stayed away from "Burlesque" exercise dvds because they seemed cheesy and to low in intensity for my taste. However, I started noticing a trend of reviewers with similar taste to me giving this a high review so I decided to give it a try and I am glad I did. With the exception of the fact that the instructor gives verbal cueing this reminds me of the Zumba classes I take at my gym where my instructor uses contemporary songs. The instructor is Jazzercise President Shanna Missett Nelson and I find her to be a very good instructor. The choreography is dead on for me - not to easy to be boring but not so difficult that you are standing there scratching your head. As other reviewers have pointed out this is more sassy hip hop than burlesque but that is besides the point. The point is to have fun while burning calories. I wore a heart rate monitor and in 32 min I burned 476 calories. The 32 minutes was the cardio portion only and I may have repeated one song twice because I was having fun. My only complaint is the intensity slows down right when I am getting into cardio zone so whenever I have used this dvd I have found myself using another dance routine afterwards to get over 40 minutes of cardio.

Note: Jazzercise has released Dance Hiit which has a premix which after the 5 minute warm-up is 25 minutes of cardio that is perfect add on to this dvd for those who want longer cardio.
on July 20, 2012
So I just used this CD today for the first time even though I bought it some months back. Why? This was one of the CD's I bought and went why did I even buy this just based on the pictures of the three bimbo like looking females on the CD. So basically I had very low expectation of the DVD and decided to try it today because I was feeling lazy and needed something that was not challenging at all. Boy!!!!! Was I wrong!!!!!!!.... Within moments I was sweating profusely and totally loving the moves and beats...... To cut my story short, I went from feeling like -0.0000000001 to feeling over a 100% after I got through the workout. It is fun, a little flirty and they used real live music. Actually after I got through the CD, I went on the search for more jazzercise workout DVD's. Loveeeeeeee This!!!!! Buy it, you will not be disappointed!!!!!
on February 24, 2014
I bought this on a whim for those non-Firm days, when I know I should exercise but would rather not. It is fun! I'm in good shape, not awesome, and I was surprised how sweaty I was when done. I almost turned it off after the first 10 minutes...I didn't realize that we were still in the middle of stretching and I thought, "THIS is the routine?? This is crap!" But, nope, just a little warm-up routine. This is fun, and the instructor is tolerable. Every now and then she says something too cheery for me, but really it is rare. Their outfits are pretty silly, but whatever. Oh, if you are a fan of Jennifer Galardi's hip-hop DVD's, you'll love this. It's ....dare I say it.... better. I get much sweatier :)
on October 21, 2013
Girls night! A cousin (early thirties with a bad knee), a sister (early 20's), a mom (early 50's and would rather lay down and lift a book to read as a workout) and myself (early 20's with two left feet) all got together and had a blast with this one. I won't lie it went kind of fast at times, but we'd just make up our own moves because the music on here is current and motivating like the Pussycat Dolls Don't Cha- not just the music but with actual singing! Also,certain moves may have to be improvised if you can't take pressure on certain joints but for the most part anyone can do this. Mom, who usually doesn't want to do anything with a lot of movement does this by herself now even. I was going to get the Zumba fitness workout dvd, but someone suggested trying this one first before making the investment. I'm glad I did! Jazzercise is challenging enough and has a lot of similar dance styles as the Zumba does...hip thrusting, salsa, quick steps, booty popping, shimmying, and lot's of other moves that could actually work on a real dance floor. I need to master these sexy moves before moving on to Zumba or anything else. Can't wait until next week when we whip up some skinny cocktails, squeeze our curves into some spandex, and do it all over again!
on January 20, 2012
I have most of the Jazzercise dvds and this one is by far the BEST!! I really enjoy the energy that Shanna radiates-- it's a great workout and the music is awesome-- just like a class. I highly recommend this dvd if you like to dance!!
on October 25, 2014
I wish I had read the reviews before I bought this...very disappointing. I used to love Jazzercise when it wa on TV with Judy Misset, and the songs advertised on this DVD are great ones, but you cannot hear the music for Shanna constantly calling out the moves. If the moves lasted longer before moving on to the next one, then the music would be great. Or if you could turn her off after you learn the moves. I won't be using this to exercise!
on January 18, 2014
I hate exercising more than almost anything. I do not work out at gyms or run. My normal exercise is walking the dog twice a day. When we moved to a place where dog walking is dangerous (due to many large, loose dogs) I started playing with the dog in the backyard for his exercise. I felt like I needed something I could do to keep in shape so I ordered this tape because I enjoy dancing.

I like this tape. There are 3 different routines, (10 minute, 20 minute, and 45 minute). They are each different and fairly balanced, so you don't feel way more worn out with the longer one than you do with the shorter ones. I feel stretched out and exercised, but the routines are not too strenuous. You will need enough room to do the routine (there are forward and side step parts), I use the living room area behind the couch. The music is fun. After you do each routine a few times you can learn the steps and focus on control for better stretching.

This tape is well worth it if you want an interesting, moderate workout. You are out of breath but I doubt most people would suffer a strain.