4.0 out of 5 stars Like this book, wish the products were available in the U.S.
Published on November 10, 2006 by mishquilt

3.0 out of 5 stars ok
The book has some ok ideas. It is hard to get an idea of the book contents on line. I would recommend.
Published on March 4, 2011 by Carol

4.0 out of 5 stars Like this book, wish the products were available in the U.S., November 10, 2006
I would have to say this book, unlike so many others, offers great ideas for modifying ordinary containers to create beautiful, unique receptacles for gift items. The author seems to be a jack-of-all-trades as she takes gifting to a whole new level. She not only enhances the baskets with paint, embellishments, weaving, floral design...etc., but she makes some of the gift products herself. The reader is offered a plethora of information from whitewashing baskets to manufacturing homemade soaps to be used as basket fillers. Her baskets are lovely and inspiring. My disappointment lies in the roadblocks I encountered in my attempt to purchase some of the items needed to re-create her baskets. I searched far and wide for a product she calls "floral foam," which will serve as an adhesive for the application of dried or silk flowers to a basket without that messy glue-gun string effect. I believe the author resides in the UK and her resource list suggests that her products originate there. My web resources came up short and I have yet to put her directions to the test.

All in all, this book is a great purchase if you are looking for basket ideas. She certainly motivates the reader to take basket design one step further.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Ideas for Basket Designs, December 19, 2007
"Eye candy" was my initial impression as I slowly consumed this book. Like me, you'll be pleased with the visuals that encourage you to start making gift baskets right away.

Browning introduces you to the "tools of the trade" and then shares ideas for different touches to add to the basket before filling it with gifts and snacks. This is mainly a technique for hobbyists, as professional gift basket designers have little time to embellish each vessel. The bowmaking tutorial is also a plus.

There are many recipes found throughout the book. Most of us enjoy adding homemade items when making gift baskets for fun, rather than just adding products found through wholesale sources, the main focus when making them for profit.

You'll love the designs -- especially pamper, baby bath, and housewarming -- three regularly-requested themes in the gift basket industry.

Shirley George Frazier
[...]
Author, The Gift Basket Design Book
The Gift Basket Design Book, 2nd: Everything You Need to Know to Create Beautiful, Professional-Looking Gift Baskets for All Occasions

4.0 out of 5 stars Jazzy Gift Baskets: Making & Decorating Glorious Presents, February 8, 2007
Great Ideas for outstanding gifts. This book has wonderful gift presentations. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Great Books for making things, July 2, 2014
Love this book... seen it in my Library... and just had to have it.... I know I'll enjoy having this as the Holidays come up... Also i'm Pleased with everything that I have ordered from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baskets Galore, May 31, 2014
Our church bazaar has a booth of filled baskets. This book gave me ideas I would
never have thought of. Large and small - all these baskets are so special.
This is another Marie Browning book you will want to own...Kathy M - Minnesota

5.0 out of 5 stars Basket ideas, March 9, 2014
Book was brand new and half the price of the same one purchased earlier at a book store as a gift

5.0 out of 5 stars Jazzy Gift Basket Book, December 13, 2013
This review is from: Jazzy Gift Baskets: Making & Decorating Glorious Presents (Paperback)
Beautiful book, fantastic colored photos. Very helpful and great ideas in creating gift baskets for any occasion. I recommend this book to everyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, January 10, 2013
I bought this book in conjunction with "Gift Basket Service" and what a pair. The book is in nearly new condition and I couldn't be more proud of owning the two. Great ideas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets Your Creative Juices Flowing, May 9, 2012
Going Green (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book 2 years ago in 2010 and am still today inspired by the creative designs Ms. Browning came up with. I am a gift basket designer and while I still use a majority of "standard" baskets, I enjoy taking things up a notch with these inspiring creations. They make me want to think outside of the box and I know I am giving a gift or selling something that is unique. I don't make the homemade items (i.e. food/soap), but if you do that sort of thing it and have time to embellish the actual baskets you will be giving a fabulous gift! I wouldn't personally have time to do both. I find the instructions easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy obtainable ideas!, July 18, 2011
This book is easy to follow and gave this novice crafter some tips! Great ideas, which you can translate to your own ideas for gifts to put in the basket, really like this book!

Jazzy Gift Baskets: Making & Decorating Glorious Presents
Jazzy Gift Baskets: Making & Decorating Glorious Presents by Marie Browning (Paperback - February 1, 2007)
Used & New from: $15.72