Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on September 16, 2012
This is a great video to show the full power of 3D HDTV. Things will flow right out of the TV with this video. Also Cousteau does a very good job educating viewers on the magnificent under water goings on.
22 comments23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2014
Bought this series mainly to add 3D discs to my collection and thinking that the COUSTEAU name would guarantee something interesting . This clearly is not the case here, Jean-Michel is clearly not in the same league as Jacques Cousteau. This presentation is very bland, not very informative and the story telling is done as it was intended for kids. It is nice that it is a region free presentation with many languages to choose from but the other languages are so it seems, just a translation of the same dumb and boring. uninteresting English narrations. It is presented in the form of a story as seen through the eyes of a turtle with here and there some supposedly funny remarks intended for more grown up ears. The 3D-ness of these discs are O.K. but nothing really spectacular, and the colors are mostly blue-ish grey in most of the scenes as if the whole movie was shot in the same location. Only the disc "Ocean Wonderland" has a little bit more color to it because it shows some scenes shot around a reef area, but it has the same bland not very informative story telling as seen through the eyes of a turtle. I personally wish that the BBC would produce more of THEIR nature films in the 3D format because they are in general much more interesting and are usually of higher quality also than most others.
on December 30, 2011
Worth purchasing, beautiful colors and very interesting; Need more similar footage in 3d. Saw sea creatures that defy the immagination and a call to environmental concerns.
on January 8, 2013
My husband and I were very disappointed in this set of DVDs. We have always loved Jacques Cousteau's work, but these documentaries were repetitive and extremely boring. The same shots were shown over and over, and in some cases you watched the same footage for like 5 minutes while the narrator gave common facts about behaviors that they never showed. We love 3D but BOTH of us fell asleep a couple of times while trying to watch the series. We watched 2 out of 3 of these DVDs and haven't been able to bring ourselves to watch the 3rd. It's a waste of our time; if I could return them, I would.
55 comments42 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2012
The whole set is great some of the DVDs have over lapping info. but overall the dvds are very informative and the 3d effects are great I actually felt like I was right there in the water with the sea creatures.
0Comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 3, 2013
Having recently acquired a new 3D television and being an avid diver and fan of the ocean I thought this set would be an easy win. I have to say I am pretty disappointed overall. The quality of the 3D effects is just ok and the films themselves are sub-par. There is no real storyline so you end up with a stitched together set of underwater shots with virtually no narration. In fact, the lack of narration seems almost like the production company was paying the guy by the word and ran out of money to have him do the film any justice. I tried all three films and honestly wandered away from the TV a number of times without pausing to get snacks or do some other trivial task.

Would not recommend this to anyone.
on December 27, 2012
Fabulous photography. A must to have for any 3d collection!! Wish there were more like this!! Will purchase as soon as I find some
on April 14, 2013
all three movies played great. only thing I didn't like about all 3 is that they were only 45 min
on October 12, 2013
3d effects are good. The video has some really beautiful shots in it. Price is right for 160 minutes of underwater shoots. It was delivered quickly. It is very relaxing to watch this DVD.
on August 30, 2014
His father's under-the-see documentaries were my favorite, when I could only watch them on a b-w TV. They were wide opening the real life of this planet, the world in the ocean.

Jean-Michel's work is no less impressive. And the 3D show is a natural evolutionary step in the documentary-making, and I liked these titles a lot!

Honestly, the documentary, the genre where the stage is not being set, but shot captured, where there are not takes, not decorations, no bloopers, which are natural for movies, this genre is so naturally exist as a 3D show. I even think that *any* documentary must be shot and shown in 3D - it does make it feel 100% real, the exact goal of any documentary production.

PS. I have to admit that I could not watch the Sharks 3D... I was so scared, I just turned it off. Does it say how good this movie is?