5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you remembered! And just what you want...
At thirteen I would huddle by the radio, lights out, waiting for 10:15 PM and WOR at the ready: the music began and so did a great 45' of how to look at the crazy world.

Published on January 4, 2009 by S. Bacon

2.0 out of 5 stars Material dated
After learning that this author wrote "The Christmas Story," I had high hopes for this series. Unfortunately, it must have been the screenwriter for the movie who was funny!
Published 16 months ago by Biff

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what you remembered! And just what you want..., January 4, 2009
This review is from: Jean Shepherd: Life Is (Classic Radio Humor) (Audio CD)

My wife got me many of these for Christmas this year, and I listen to them in the car. The problem is that I have to pull off the road sometimes because I am laughing so hard at the things I had forgotten--there are some great pieces here and some great moments.

The only thing I miss is that sort of "Ahhhh..." you used to get at the end of the music at the close of the show.

Well worth the price!!!!

Only regret? You don't get many of the older ones--I guess they weren't keeping tapes. So, these tend to be more mid-60's kinds of things.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, April 10, 2009
This review is from: Jean Shepherd: Life Is (Classic Radio Humor) (Audio CD)
I love a good story and Jean Shepherd can tell one. But after the hopla of it all you realize that if you didn't know about the time period these took place you would swear that he was alive and well today. The more things change the more they stay the same should be the key phrase of all these recordings. The same things that were prevellent n the 60's you will find are still going on today. There worth a listen and if you do you'll see what I mean.

4.0 out of 5 stars radio nights and other shepherd sources, March 4, 2009
This review is from: Jean Shepherd: Life Is (Classic Radio Humor) (Audio CD)
Jean Shepherd: Life Is (Classic Radio Humor) I found Jean Shepherd's radio show quite by chance one night back in the '60s and tuned in nightly ever after. From the classic theme music of "Bahn Frei" through the commercials and musings eventually came a wonderful story of life mostly real, sometimes imagined (like the story of the "Flying Dutchman" airplane he built that crash-landed in one telling but sailed off never to be seen again in another). Often you didn't realize you were listening to the night's story until you were hooked. I've ordered this set and have no doubt it will occupy many more enraptured nights. If you're interested in more Shepherd, [...] has a great 3 DVD mp3 collection of his shows (529+ hours and very reasonably priced) spanning his career and [...] is the de facto official Shepherd website with lots of information, downloads and links.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift!, January 30, 2010
This review is from: Jean Shepherd: Life Is (Classic Radio Humor) (Audio CD)
I purchased a set of three of these Audio CD's for my Girlfriends Father for Christmas one year. He seemed to love them! He works as a Nationwide Claims Adjuster in my area and has tons of road time. He pop's a disk in, in the morning and has fun driving all day. 10/10 for this one!

(this is an identical review for all three products that I purchased!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Jean Shepherd at his best, December 4, 2012
This review is from: Jean Shepherd: Life Is (Classic Radio Humor) (Audio CD)
I started listening to Ol' Shep when I was 11 and he was holding forth at the old Lamplighter in New York. I was in Texas but I rigged an antenna just for the purpose. He is a fine commentator on the human condition. Sadly, we lost him in 1999. He is certainly worth a listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars For All Lovers of Radio and Great Story Telling!, February 6, 2014
This review is from: Jean Shepherd: Life Is (Classic Radio Humor) (Audio CD)
I grew up in New Jersey listening to Jean Shepherd on WOR radio! Most of these shows were from his years on the station! Great set.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic Shepherd Performances, September 26, 2013
This review is from: Jean Shepherd: Life Is (Classic Radio Humor) (Audio CD)
Great shows and very clean recordings. One complaint - the commercials were edited out. I would have preferred to hear the commercials of that time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most enjoyable...!!!, July 17, 2013
ROY PERSSON (HACKETTSTOWN, NEW JERSEY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jean Shepherd: Life Is (Classic Radio Humor) (Audio CD)
Hours of intelligent humor.....a real pleasure.....a step back to a more graceful period in radio. Highly recommend to all radio lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Remember radio?, January 13, 2013
Eudora "spg" (Kerr County, Texas) - See all my reviews
It's good to hear Jean Shepherd's voice and opinions, almost
forgotten intelligence and humor. I already had his reading of
Robert Service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shep delivers, November 30, 2012
This review is from: Jean Shepherd: Life Is (Classic Radio Humor) (Audio CD)
Forty-five minute bursts of Shep's views on, well, everything. The publisher has done an excellent job of grouping shows, which are individually titled, into collections with a theme. In this case the theme is Life and Shep had a lot to say about that.

Jean Shepherd: Life Is (Classic Radio Humor)
Jean Shepherd: Life Is (Classic Radio Humor) by Jean Shepherd (Audio CD - May 28, 2007)
$28.95 $26.05