5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bike! Highly recommend!
Published on May 8, 2012 by Fiona

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality
Published 15 months ago by Laksra N.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic bike! Highly recommend!, May 8, 2012
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (14-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
We looked at a lot of bikes when trying to pick one out for our 2.5 year old son. We were getting it for him for Christmas and since we live in an area with pretty nasty winters, we knew he wouldn't get much use out of it until Spring and Summer. We couldn't quite decide between a 12" or a 14" because the 14" seemed like he would never grow into it. But, since we knew kids grow fast and it would sit for several months, we opted for the 14". The reason we bought the Jeep bike is because of several reasons. 1) my son likes Jeeps and we have owned several Jeep vehicles, so we like the brand 2) the colors and design were nice. Not too over the top but fun and bright for kids. 3) we didn't really like some of the "character" bikes on the market and there are not many other options for 14" bikes without characters. There were no reviews on this bike when we bought it so we took a chance on the quality.

We received it in a big box and my husband and his dad put it together. It was easy to assemble and only took a few basic tools to do so and not much time at all. The components seemed higher in quality then some other bikes we looked at, which was a plus. It even has a suspension fork! Another nice component to point out is the hand brake. I don't recall if all starter bikes have this, but we like that we can teach our son to easy both hand and pedal brakes at a young age. The training wheels fit nicely and are quite smooth and do not rattle like I remember training wheels of the past doing.

My son was so thrilled to get this bike on Christmas morning. He calls it his "big bike". While he could barely reach the pedals at the lowest seat height setting (and there is a good range of seat heights) in December, now he can pedal like a pro and the bike fits him perfectly with a lot of room to grow.

We definitely recommend this bike to parents looking for a quality product at a reasonable price. And if you are trying to decide if a 14" is a better size to start off with then a 12", we think it is. It has worked out nicely for our 3-year old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bike., September 28, 2011
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (14-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
I bought it for my 4 year old son. He loves the colors. Bike is strong and rides great. I would recommend product to friends.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, May 14, 2013
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (14-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
Received package closed and not damaged. Opened the box found that bike was not used and new, but frame had scratch on the right and dent on the left. pre-assembled steering hold down cover was missing one of the washers and on bolt out of four was loose inside the box. Fork was manufactured to small front wheel did not fit. I had to use force to create more space between side of the fork so wheel would fit. Finally after I assembled it, I flipped it upside down to test the way the crank and rear wheel is spinning and found: clicking noise from the crank and rear wheel does not spin freely. Overall = Poor quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Mom, November 22, 2013
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (14-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
Im a single mom and i put this together on my own in less than 40 minutes. Its beautiful and well made. I cant wait for Christmas to give this to my son. He is 3.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but quite heavy for a 5 yr old to handle, July 6, 2014
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (14-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
We bought this bike for my son's 4th bday. He was around 40.5" but his toes still couldn't quite touch the ground at the lowest seat level. We had to put the bike together ourselves and at first the pedals kept spinning off and the training wheels kept unscrewing themselves. We had to put them on super duper tight to prevent them from falling off every time he rode them. The bike is also very heavy compared to the other bikes we saw at toysrus. He's almost 5 now and riding the bike without its training wheels but the bike still makes him stagger sometimes when he comes to a stop and it falls a bit to the side. This bike is really sturdy and durable though. The decorations are well applied and the paint doesn't look like it's going to chip anytime soon. Overall, the quality of this bike is fairly good but I would rather have gotten a lighter bike. A lighter bike would be easier for him to handle and prevent accidents from happening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a 3 1/2 - 5yr old, January 24, 2014
James M. Arrison IV (highlands Ranch, CO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (14-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
My son got this bike as a 3/12 yr old and loved it. Very sturdy, looks good, chain is protected so his pants don't get caught in the chain. He started on one of those bike without peddles for a year then graduated to this bike, took the training wheels off and was riding it on 2 wheels after a weekend of practice at 3 1/2. He now has about 50 miles on it (1 mile a day for a couple months) and still loves it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality control issue, November 17, 2013
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (14-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
Giving it one star because we couldn't get the bike pieces together. Holes aren't drilled properly or measured symmetrically. Very frustrated and disappointed. Had to go to a bike store and buy the next larger size (:. I hope Amazon does not charge me for shipping fee to return a defective item.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, solid...but heavy, May 10, 2013
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (14-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
very good quality bike and i'm sure will last through my 4 yr old and his younger siblings. HOWEVER it is very heavy and tough to push the pedals for a beginner. Maybe a little too heavy to learn on but a good one to graduate to. If your 3/4/5 yr old is not big (and mine is) then probably not the best choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, October 22, 2012
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (14-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
Bought this toddler bike early Spring 2012 because it had decent reviews and reasonable price. My then 4 and half year old likes it a lot. I like the fact that it came with hand brakes. The training wheels can be noise but hope he will grow out of them soon :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Some issues, but overall a good kid's bike., August 13, 2014
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (14-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
My 3 year old loves it...and we would buy it again. Just a few notes of dislike - putting this thing together was not easy. I'm not dumb and expect to be able to follow directions, however ambiguous. Even though the bike arrives 90% put together, that last 10% was impossible. My bike arrived with no directions, so I had to call and have them email them to me. That was pointless, as the directions were cryptic at best.

One and a half hours later, I thought I had to together, except the hand brake, which I knew my 3 year old wouldn't need for awhile. We went for a little ride and a pedal fell off, and I quickly loaded us up and brought it to the local bike shop. 2 days and $32 later, we had a built-out bike (I saved no money by spending an hour and a half trying...next time I'll bring them the bike in the box).
---------------------------
1 month update - My kiddo loves his "Jeep Bike". We have to ride on smooth paths, however or the back wheel spins out (training wheels). We also started to have issues with the chain falling off. Back to the bike shop, after we put the chain back on 3 different times between 2 bike rides. $20 later, we have a tightened chain that required a good bit of work and we're ready to go.

We'll see...hopefully no more issues!

Jeep Boy's Bike (14-Inch Wheels)
$109.99 $99.57