5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bike
Published 23 months ago by Chris

3.0 out of 5 stars Be aware!
Published 19 months ago by Nate

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bike, August 16, 2012
Chris (Edenton, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (16-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
I purchased this bike for my 4 year old son and he loves it. The included manual says it is for kids that can straddle 19 inches with feet flat. My son isn't quite that tall and it does cause a bit of a balance problem with the pedal start. We went from a balance bike, so never put on training wheels hence my son tilts the bike to straddle. To start, he needs someone to put a hand on the handlebar to keep him straight. It is a minor issue (and temporary, at that), but worth mentioning. It is probably better to have a bike to grow into that he will ride longer than a 14-inch wheel bike. The bike is very sturdy and has held up very well to a number of spills. Assembly was straightforward and didn't take long. It is very important to follow the instructions closely, however. An under-tightened pedal will come off and a maladjusted front wheel will be off-center in the front fork. I highly recommend a kickstand (the Bell adjustable kickstand fits well) to increase the chances the bike will be neatly put away rather than left laying in the garage or driveway to be run over. I expect to get years of use out of this bike.

Update (10/12/13) - 18 months and many, many miles ridden and we still love this bike. The bike has held up very well to a number of falls. Once my son grew into the height and weight of the bike, he can really fly on it. This bike gets ridden almost daily. I just replaced the tires (with Kendra 16x2.125 tires) because they were worn down to almost slicks, but nothing else is showing wear. I'm pretty confident this bike will be outgrown before it is worn out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bike - Get it!, May 16, 2012
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (16-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
I have put together a lot of bikes for my own kids, brothers and sisters, and my grandson, and I am only 45. We recently looked for couple of hours on the Internet, went to 4 stores, and nothing really impressed us. Without seeing this one in person, we took a chance.

Was well worth it!

It arrived on time. It was packaged extremely well and there was not a scratch on it. Was also a great color.

It took me 3 tools (2 wrenches and an Allen wrench) to put it together and took less than 5 minutes. No joke. They made it incredibly easy to set it up and we were riding in no time.

Bike is very sturdy and the training wheels were wider than the others we saw so stability was excellent. Was a very solid bike and we could not be happier. We looked at a few for slightly less, but spend a few bucks and get this one - you will not be disappointed in any way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bike with a few flaws, February 17, 2013
P. Breakfield IV "Tom Steele" (Greenville, SC United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (16-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
My son had outgrown his 12 inch bicycle and needed a 16 inch bicycle. We went shopping locally and found about six bikes in that size. None were acceptable to either of us and we ended up here. Generally speaking, it looks like a twenty dollar premium for the bikes here. But the quality and variety makes up for it. Some of the bikes at Wally World looked so cheap that I was afraid they would fall apart.

So... The jeep bicycle arrived promptly with prime shipping. The box was the standard bicycle box, very like the bike we had purchased for our daughter at Christmas. The bike arrives with the frame and back wheel and coaster brake already assembled. You have to put the handlebars, front wheel, seat and pedals on the bike. The tires are inflated to approximately 20psi, but you will need to add air to 35psi.

You will need a few wrenches, Allen wrenches for the steering wheel and maybe a ratchet for the wheels.

It is pretty straight forward. You have to pay attention that you get the pedals on the correct side (they are labeled) and for the most part assembly is fairly easy.

Overall the bike is pretty well made and I particularly like the shock absorber front axle. The springs seem to really absorb some of the bumps and make the ride a little smoother. Definitely a plus on a bike like this, most of the bikes in this category do not have this feature.

So why four stars? And what are the flaws?

Very minor, but annoying were some of the flaws in the appearance of the bike. The wheels have a pitted, inconsistent paint job. Not terrible, but not good. Also, several of the decals were scraped or wrinkled. They look very thin and I am afraid they will not hold up well. I was expecting these to be painted on, or at least a much thicker decal.

The handlebars also disappointed me. The design looks good at first glance. By using four Allen screws/bolts to clamp the steering wheel in place it looks like a very strong clamping design which would be very hard to strip out. Typical single bolt designs can be prone to this and can create a lot of frustration.

However, there are some problems. First, having four bolts means that you have to tighten four bolts, and every time you go to adjust the steering wheel this is a hassle. The good thing is that once you get it adjusted, you shouldn't have to deal with this again.

More importantly, the steering wheel is not straight and doesn't bolt down perpendicular to the frame. We ended up having to create a compromise by adjusting a little off kilter at the base of the steering wheel so that it is more or less correct overall. It works, but isn't ideal.

And finally, the front brake. We tried adjusting and adjusting and no matter what we did, we either need up with the brake dragging, or too far from the tire to be useful. And yes, I have done this before. Recently, with my daughter's Christmas bike... It just refused to ever work. We also ran into problems with the handle. Being made of plastic, with a thin aluminum threaded rod inserted inside of it, we ran into stripping out problems. I don't know why they can't use decent metal parts for something that is under stress and has things screwed into it.

In the end, I removed the front brake. The plastic broke on removal, I'm not sure if there is any way to remove it without breaking it. The bike has the standard coaster brake (pedal backwards and it stops) so I don't really see the need for a front brake unless you specifically WANT to flip over the handlebars of you bike anyway...

So... It is a decent bike with a couple of annoying flaws and is a LITTLE expensive considering the flaws. A solid four stars and I don't regret buying it. My son likes the bike and the front shocks are a nice plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice bike for a beginner, January 20, 2013
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (16-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
We bought this bike for our 4 1/2 year old for Christmas. It arrived with all the parts needed and it took my husband only a few minutes to put it together. Great quality. Glad we chose this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good bike, November 29, 2012
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (16-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
Easy to assemble. Easy to adjust. No defects noted. 5 yo son using it since May and still loves it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Be aware!, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (16-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
This is a really nice bike, all the parts we're included and it went together very easily. My only problem was the decals. They were poorly placed and wrinkly, and also, they're PURPLE! The decals are NOT white and black tire marks, they are white, black and purple tire marks. Some boys may not like this and too be honest it doesn't look good against the light blue frame. I am not going to return the bike because of this, but I do wish the photos more accurately resembled the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bike!, December 10, 2012
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (16-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
I bought this for my grandson's 5th birthday. He loves it! It is the perfect size for him. I would highly recommend it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay, June 20, 2013
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (16-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
This bicycle was purchased for a 39 in. 4 yr old. It fits him well. I received the bike on time (amazon prime member ). The assembly was no problem, using only basic hand tools. all was well and good. Now here comes the problem during assembly I noticed that both rims were warped. I contacted customer service and spoke with a less than friendly rep. To make a long story short the replacement rims still have not arrived. I am still on the hook for transferring the the tires to the new rims or biting the bullet and bringing it to a local garage. I will end with this C'MON, Kent International. You can do better than this. A bit of advice; treat your customer with respect and promptly fix the mistakes. EDIT: received on 6.5.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful........, January 10, 2014
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (16-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
It wanted to thank for offering so good article, ideally for our child and adolecentes for making myself fulfill the dream of a bicycle for my son. Excellent product is seen of quality, good size, accessories that call the attention of our children, thanks to the seller for offering quality of product I come to destination in excellently conditions .. thank you and many successes

1.0 out of 5 stars Wheel Bearings Grind and Bind, January 7, 2014
This review is from: Jeep Boy's Bike (16-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
I gave it one star because it is a functional bike but the quality, especially the front and rear wheel bearings, is very poor. Item too large to return. You get what you pay for and cheap China products usually disappoint me as this one did.

Jeep Boy's Bike (16-Inch Wheels)
$119.99 $92.99
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies