Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Grocery Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD Kids Edition Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day

on May 22, 2010
PROS:
-Adjustable handle: I am much shorter than my husband so the adjustable handle was a must.
-Straight: we have had no issues with the stroller pulling one direction or the other. It has always traveled straight on course for us.
-Adjustable canopy: the shade is fantastic and a must have. It can be unzipped and detached for additional coverage. It sometimes collapses on its own while running, but you can fix that problem by unzipping it.
-Parent tray: great for its musical abilities. You can play music while running, but the parent tray only holds 2 small bottles and weighs about 2 lbs by itself so we don't use it.
-Pedometer: great and useful, but unfortunately it does not come with a time or a clock.
-Seat and straps: nicely padded and my 3 month old seems quite comfortable and they all wipe off very easily. It is very easy to recline the seat when he falls asleep without waking him up. It's a smooth transition from sitting to lying down.
-Storage space: there are all sorts of storage spaces and the mesh bag by the handles it great to hold my cell phone, water bottle and keys.
-Wheels: good size and easily removable. The pump that comes with the stroller isn't great, but it is just enough if I need a quick fill up when I am out.
-Fixed front wheel: stable and perfect for running as it should be on a jogger. It took us little time to learn steering the jogger.
-Ride & breaking system are great.
-Weight: lighter than other joggers (after doing some research online)
-Length: this stroller is not super long like some of the Schwinn joggers can be
-Consumer Reports: this stroller is one of the top rated and has great reviews.

CONS:
-Parent tray: there are two cup holders, but they are too small for the bike water bottles we use. Moreover, the tray itself is about 2lbs so it adds weight to the stroller. But again, it is great for parents that enjoy listening to music while running.
-Folded stroller: when folded up the stroller is huge, but you can easily remove the front wheel. (About 23 x 37 without removing the front wheel.)

No stroller is perfect. You may like or dislike some of them, so you just have to find the jogging stroller that is right for you at the right price.
My husband and I are really satisfied with this stroller and recommended this exact same one to our friends.
review image
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 8, 2012
While researching jogging strollers, I was struck by how many of the negative reviews of fixed wheel models are completely driven by the fixed wheel feature. Prospective buyers should understand that a fixed front wheel is an essential safety feature for serious running with a stroller. It will make turning more difficult. That's the intention - to avoid accidental sharp turns at high speed. I wouldn't consider running on city streets with a swivel wheel, especially on hilly terrain. Try it some time (with an empty stroller). It's scary when you hit a rock and it shoots sideways.

If you are not a serious runner, but just want to walk or slow jog, and want the all-terrain wheels and stability of a jogging stroller, then get one with a swivel wheel. You will be happier with it. There are even models with a front wheel that swivels for walking, but can be locked for running. The Schwinn Turismo Swivel is worth a look if that's your preference. It is similar in price to the Jeep model. For full speed running, you can't beat the stability of rigidly locked front wheel though.
on February 5, 2011
I read ALL the reviews, weighed the pros and cons, and opted to purchase this stroller. It looks EXACTLY like the manufacturer's photos - no deviations of any kind.

Soooooo ... here's the info:

1. It's GOOD sized. I have a small, four-door sedan ... folded, it doesn't fit in my trunk. However, it has an INCREDIBLY simple mechanism for removing and replacing the 2 back wheels. I throw the whole thing in the back seat of my car.

2. The adult tray hardly weighs anything and fits my aluminum water bottles splendidly. Maybe they improved the design after receiving some of the other feedback? The manufacture date on my stroller was November of 2010.

3. The odometer is awesome ... has a heavy-duty cable that runs along the frame of the stroller to its sensor on the front wheel frame. A magnet fastened to one of the front wheel spokes gives it the readings.

4. The speaker for the ipod is not very loud, but it's RIGHT behind where the baby's head goes ... so I'm not sure you'd want it to be any louder. It's not an ipod DOCKING STATION ... it's like a headphone plug-in, so you could use any mp3 player, cell phone, CD player, or if you were really old-school, a WALKMAN. :) There's also a decent amount of room in the "holder" area for keys, chapstick, a little hand lotion or sanitizer. The top snaps shut once everything is inside.

********** NOTE: it takes *** FOUR *** TRIPLE A (AAA) *** batteries *****************

5. There seemed to be some confusion about an air pump in some of the reviews ... this model does NOT come with an air pump. Just to clarify.

6. Smooth, smooth, smooth ... it's a nice "ride"

7. The adjustable handle is really nice and comfortable, however, it does have give to it (i.e., it feels loose, but it's not). Doesn't bother me or feel weird when I use it.

8. The sunshade, harness, and baby tray are all pretty standard - nice quality - no complaints or issues

9. The reclining feature ... OK, THIS ONE IS BIZARRE ... in the manufacturer's description, it states that the seat back has 5 different positions. Really, it just has a strap (like the kind that secures a portable high chair or adjusts the straps on a car seat) that you tighten or loosen ... and the seat back then rests up against the strap. I'll get some pictures of that feature. I would not think anything about that was easy if the baby were to fall asleep in the stroller and I wanted to "recline" him.

I am extremely pleased with this stroller. Highly recommend it.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I'm writing this review, because now that I'm in the market for a double, I am frustrated with the difficulty in identifying who is writing these reviews - walkers? joggers? casual runners?
Performance wise, I keep a 13min 2 mile time for the Army, and I use this for interval training to keep my athleticism up for JiuJitsu, and longer runs for body fat control. Thus, I use this for both speed interval training (Tabata protocol) and slower 4-6 mile runs. I've had this for about 3.5 years with total use averaging about once weekly. It's been across trails, beaches (interval training in sand), and streets. It has taken my daughter from 6 months to 4yrs of age, and there is no reason to think she is going to outgrow it anytime soon.

When my daughter was younger, she liked to tell me to catch up to bikers on gravel trails. Her continued requests can vouch to the comfort of a then 15month old. Limitations of sprinting go without saying when pushing something in front of you, but the point is, this is a great tool if you are looking to continue serious training when you have your kid. I can't see how you could train like this safely without a fixed wheel. Speakers are as tinny as you would expect, but are great because you can hear traffic, but still get some music. The bright orange with 360 degree 3M or plastic reflection is preferable to the later blue model for poorly lit early morning training. Handbrake works fine and rubberized handlebar keeps a sweat and sunscreen grip. The pedometer is a gimmick, but these days smartphones and GPS make it unnecessary.

I am not necessarily against spending money on a quality stroller (her "mall" stroller is a bugaboo). But, I didn't spend alot of money up front on a jogger because I knew the kind of abuse I was going to put it through, and thought I would end up using and chucking whatever I bought. However, like I said, 3.5yrs and still going strong. Outstanding product. Highly recommend.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 4, 2011
my 'lil boy received this as a Christmas present from his grandma & aunt in California in ONLY 3 DAYS [international shipping to Singapore]!!!

went through the parts checklist and all parts were in the box except the hand pump. assembly instructions were simple and easy to follow.

we have limited space in our flat and a tight door path but the wheels on each side takes NO SWEAT in removing. also, i've proven it doesn't fit in compact cars' baggages but if ever you're left with no choice, throw it in the backseat-- don't forget a newspaper though for your car upholstery. sedans will work out fine-- still have to snap off both wheels on each side.

it's pretty light for its frame size and bulk. convenient and valuable cargo space underneath for extra storage. it takes little effort to push through multi-terrain bumps, humps, and steps. ride is smooth thanks to its 3 multi-spoked rims and rubber wheels! my 'lil boy can leave his shades at home as the canopy can be positioned in different angles to aid against the glare and heat.
review image review image review image review image
on May 1, 2011
I spent a lot of time researching what kind of stroller to get. I am not a "serious" jogger, but like to have the option of running outside. So I considered a stroller with a front wheel that swivels but has the option of locking. However I heard a lot of people say that the wheel would wobble when running - and I definitely didn't want to have to deal with that. But I was hesitant to get a fixed wheel jogging stroller because a lot of people complained about the maneuverability. Ultimately, I went with this stroller because it had decent reviews in Consumer Reports and in the customer reviews here on Amazon, and the price was extremely reasonable for a stroller of this class. And I figured if it wasn't something that I felt I could use all the time outside of jogging because of the maneuverability, I would just buy a cheaper and/or used "regular" stroller elsewhere.

I'm so glad I bought this stroller! My husband and I used it for the first time this past weekend for our first time out disc golfing this season. It worked beautifully on the road, grass, leaves, rocks, tree roots, dips in the terrain etc. It maneuvered just fine by slightly lifting the front wheel to adjust your direction - and it was entirely instinctual - didn't feel awkward at all. The tires never slipped, and it was even a bit muddy. Granted we only had our 6 week old infant in it so it wasn't extraordinarily heavy, but I can't see it getting much more difficult. We had to use an infant insert (not sold by Jeep) for our baby, but it worked just fine. I loved the fact that it reclined to nearly flat and inclined to sitting up - super easy to do as well. The 5-point harness straps were a little more difficult to adjust, but I imagine that's for safety reasons. You don't want your toddler to be able to loosen his or her own straps. The hand brake was a pain to figure out how to adjust once the front wheel was on, but I don't plan on needing to use it! There is also a foot brake that locks the stroller in place. Putting it together was very easy as well with the enclosed instruction booklet.

All in all - highly recommended - even for the casual jogger.

9/26/11 - Update - I still love this stroller. I've been out running with it, had it in the mall, out disc golfing several times and it is still exactly what I was looking for. If you are on the fence, definitely buy it!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 10, 2010
My sister got this for my daughter, and we love it. It is a little big so when we put it in the trunk we have to take the wheels off, that's very easy! It can be a little difficult to steer if you're using it for shopping because it doesn't have the swivel wheel in the front, but for jogging, it's perfect!
on May 13, 2010
We have been searching for a very long time for a jogging stroller. I have only had the stroller for a few days, but so far, I love it. I put it together myself with just a phillips screwdriver and had no problems. It was extremely easy. The instruction manual also told you how to take it apart when necessary. The wheels come off and it is so easy to do, a kid could do it. I live in the country on gravel roads and needed something capable of handling the terrain while walking my dog and daughter. And let me tell you, it handles the road far better than I could have expected. The wheels are very sturdy and it did not shake or feel unstable in any way. It is so light that you could almost push it with your finger. I love the adjustable handle on it as well as the adjustable seat for my daughter. The cup holder on the tray for the baby seems to be deeper than most which is nice, but the tray itself is not very wide and won't hold much. The IBaby radio is a neat addition but I'm not sure I will use it much. The pedometer is also a nice touch and I think I may actually find that useful.

My only major complaint is that the front wheel does not swivel and it will take some getting used to. It could make it more difficult when running on winding country roads because it is not easy to turn.

Overall, it is a fantastic product and well worth the money.
on July 23, 2010
This is the first jogging stroller I've had, so I don't have much to compare it to. The main reason I bought it was for the Music on the go so I wouldn't have to wear earbuds. That part works well, but it's not very loud. I can hear it fine in the subdivision, but when I get onto a busy street I can't tell whats playing. I'm still trying to get used to the fixed front wheel. The storage underneath is ample. The pedometer is junk. It broke the 2nd day after falling 2 feet onto the ground. The canopy does unzip and comes down far to keep the sun off of my son's face which is nice..Overall, it's a decent stroller.
on October 3, 2011
This is a great jogging stroller for the money! I have put many miles behind my stroller (6-9 miles a week for the last 8 months I've owned it). I love the snack/drink tray for my 20 month old and the speakers work great with my ipod. I use the hand brake frequently going down hills. Did have a problem with the wheels holding air, but since using green slimb stuff, no problem. I like that the front wheel is fixed, it gives me a lot of flexibility in how I push the stroller. Going up hills, I often just push with by abs, hands free, and I would not feel safe doing this with a pivoting wheel. I've seen too many pivoting wheels get squirly while running with other moms. Once you get the hang of it, popping wheelies for turns is not that hard. I do it while keeping my stride and you get an upper body work out at the same time. This is the only stroller I have ever run with, so I can't speak to how it compares to higher end models, but I am super pleased! Plus, it's also great for off-roading and handling sand and tall grass.

definite pros: ipod speakers, child snack/drink tray, & hand brake (you would be surprised how many high end models don't have these)!!!
cons: not a go anywhere double duty stroller, but really good for running!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...