Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jeffrey Gitomer's 21.5 Unbreakable Laws of Selling: Proven Actions You Must Take to Make Easier, Faster, Bigger Sales....Now and Forever
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on September 11, 2013
faithful follower of Gitomer's blog and I own the Little Red Book of Sales. Did not know what to expect from 21.5, but bought it upon release. Jeffery's marketing engine at work. The book is a super fast read, I read it in less than 2.5 hours. I've never reviewed any Amazon book, but with all the 5 star reviews, I thought I'd enter a review since the 5 star review seemed excessive. Usually, I read sales books to teach my sales team and I bookmark and highlight tons of material. This one just seemed like a lighter read with less aspects outlined. My problem is getting my sales team to read so when I determine whether I recommend a sales book, my first thought is since my sales team reads very little, should I recommend 21.5 over other books. My answer is 21.5 is a good fast read and brings up key aspects beneficial to the modern sales representative, but I'd put other more direct how to books ahead of 21.5 Those would include Question Based selling by Thomas Freese, Mastering the Complex Sale by Jeff Thull and Let's Get Real or Let's Not Play by Mahan Khalsa. All in all, 21.5 is worth the money and time (especially since it's a quick read)if you read a lot of sales books, but not a top ten sales book.
VINE VOICEon August 31, 2013
That's the big question...

Can you really close 95% of all sales?

Jeffrey Gitomer takes an approach to selling that most
salespeople adopt in order to be successful.

In fact, I haven't done the research. I don't know
that 95% is the correct number. But I can tell you this.
If you follow the principle in Chapter 1, you will close
the vast majority of sales.

Gitomer's latest book for salespeople is a treat
to read. It's easy on the eyes and is written in
the tone and with the feel that you and I would expect.

Early in the book, Jeffery details what he means
by "belief." He suggests that you need to believe that you
work for the greatest company in the world.

I'm not sure that is necessary. I will go as far to note
that the product you are selling and the support behind
it are the best in your field. THAT is critical to your success.
But the underlying principle is that you are excellent and
the company you work for is excellent as well.

Be the best working for the best. Know that and you will do well.

Perhaps most important in 21.5 is Gitomer's discussion
of branding. Among other directives here are a few you will
find in a most critical chapter.

* Be service-oriented.
* Be first-class.
* Be consistent.
* Be reputable.
* Be desirable.
* Be trustworthy.
* Be top quality.
* Be easy to do business with.
* Be "buzzable." (Are they "spreading the word?")

One of the most important elements of selling that
Gitomer espouses in the book, is that of asking questions.

In his words, "Assertive presentations
start with questions, offer unchallengeable
proof in the middle, and end with a customer
commitment that you have earned."

Ask Questions.

When the call comes in you ask questions.

In the next chapter, Gitomer states his imperative
for you and all excellent salespeople.

"Create your own value and reputation in the
marketplace, so that when your prospective
customer is looking for information about you,
it will credibly be there."

In 21.5 Laws, you have good ideas and golden
nuggets on almost every single page.

Jeffrey's style is unique to him. If you've disliked
his past work, 21.5 is not something you want to read.

But, if you gained from Customer Service, and The Sales
Bible for example, you will read and re-read 21.5 Laws.

This is an excellent read and more importantly, if you
actually do what Gitomer suggests, you may not close
95% of your sales but you'll make friends for life with
most of the people you work with and make sales from
probably 80% or more of those you engage.

Kevin Hogan
Invisible Influence: The Power to Persuade Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere
VINE VOICEon February 25, 2015
It looks like Jeffrey has retired his ongoing "Little Book Of..." series. I've also noticed that he's updated The Sales Bible...again...with more detailed info on Social Media. I have to admit I winced a little...actually, MORE than a little...when the word "Unbreakable" ended up in the title of this book. While fellow Sales Guru Brian Tracy doesn't own the copyright to the word, try not thinking of his books "The 100 Absolutely Unbreakable Laws of Business Success" and "The Unbreakable Laws of Self-Confidence." It's not the first time Jeffrey has sacrificed originality over new product, but I still have to give him 4 stars for what's between the covers. Is it a re-hash of everything else he's written? Of course it is, and if you have to ask that question, you're probably not a follower of his collected works. The payoff, for me, came during his discussion of intention: "Beyond your goals, to-do list, and urgent matters of the day, it's your INTENTIONS that drive your actions - both daily and long term. Intentions precede actions and are the mental drivers to achievement. In short: YOU ONLY DO WHAT YOU INTEND TO DO. As you think about your priorities and prepare your list of "must dos," identify and affirm your willingness to make the priorities happen, OR YOU WILL FIND A CONVENIENT EXCUSE FOR FAILURE. If you don't intend, you won't achieve. The main reason goals are not achieved is simple: YOU DIDN'T INTEND TO ACHIEVE THEM." You see, my personal belief is that if you read a book and find ONE dynamic idea...one butt-kicking that you DESPERATELY need someone to give you...then you got your money's worth. Like it or not, this book is a bullet-point "check up from the neck up" book. That's not to say that there aren't a wealth of ideas for your selling efforts...there are. But if you want a book that will reflect reality in the trenches as a salesperson in 2015 and will help you sell NOW...especially if you are feeling the crunch...consider John Rosso's "Prospect The Sandler Way: and Art Sobczak's "Smart Calling." "The Sandler Rules" from David Sandler and David Mattson is also a very helpful read.

Jeffrey has long been a critic of "Cold Calling" (he sells a "Cold Calling" audio CD that basically tells you to not cold call), and the message in this book is no exception. He tells you that if you put his Cold Calling alternatives into play starting today, "...it will take you six months to get it going, and one year to make it happen. After that, the phone will ring." So what happens if you are behind the 8 ball TODAY, if you have bills you need to pay TODAY, if you don't HAVE a year to make this alternative fall into place? Simple. You heed the advice of Brian Tracy and the "40 Plus Formula." It states that if you are working 40 hours a week right now, it may be enough for your survival...MAYBE...but it is not enough for your success. So do what you need to do in order to survive, and meanwhile, water the seeds of a better long-term strategy daily.

This is a valuable book...maybe not Gitomer's best (I'm tempted to give that distinction to hiss "Little Red Book Of Selling."). My advice, if you're sitting on the fence (as I was) is to go to a local bookstore or library and actually thumb through this one rather than basing a decision completely on these reviews. I'm finding it helpful and I've read every one of his other books.
on March 4, 2014
All of Gitomer's books are awesome. Redundant at times? Perhaps. But sometimes redundancy is what we need to remind us on what really matters. It provides 21.5 techniques to succeed in sales and communication. What I really like about Gitomer's writing style is that he doesn't use fluff. He writes like he speaks and that offers a very refreshing perspective and break from the usual sales books you may find yourself reading. An easy read and an easy tool that you can always use to reflect back on, I'd recommend this book to anyone in sales.
on September 24, 2013
Jeffrey Gitomer rocks. I have most of his books and everyone is full of gems and practical, down to earth advice about sales and selling. This one is no exception. It's an easy read and one to go back to for a shot of inspiration over and over. In a way, he's a new age Dale Carnegie with wisdom about how to connect with people and help them get what they want. His passion for selling shines right through another great book about sales. Good for any level of salesperson, no hype or tricky stuff.
on November 4, 2013
Whether or not you're in sales, you may want to consider buying and reading all of Jeffrey's books. When I'm not reading a Gitomer book, I'm listening to his CD's, watching his videos or taking lessons from his weekly "E-zine." You'll learn that a positive attitude is at the core of every success you'll ever achieve. If you are in sales, this book and everything that Jeffrey has ever publsihed is a "must-have" for your library and for your success on the job. You'll learn the true meaning of Jeffrey trade-marked saying: "People hate to be sold but they love to buy!"
on March 14, 2014
I'm such a fan of Jeffrey Gitomer.

Think of this book as another perspective of two other books ... The sales bible (fantastic) and social boom (also good). It updates your view of sales in today's world. Deals with how clients are much more savvy and knows more about you before your call.
on September 16, 2013
An Absolute Must Read, Even If You Think You Can Sell

I was first introduced to Jeffrey at a speaker's event last October. His few minutes on the stage absolutely blew me away. Later, he held a table session. We were supposed to stop by for a few minutes and rotate through everyone doing the same. I was so glued to what he presented privately that I broke the rule and stayed at his table the entire hour (or maybe longer). I went home and not only applied that info to my business (which resulted in higher sales and customer retention) but bought nearly every single book he authored (along with his Ace of Sales system which has made my employees life productive).

This book presents those tidbits in great detail, and much more. After my first pass through it, I've identified a few things that need to be changed, pronto, and more techniques to implement.

What I really love about the book is that is not targeted to one specific sales profession. That means you have to read it and THINK about how you will implement the Laws in YOUR specific niche. This is more effective than someone simply giving you a script and telling you what to say and do.

If you thought you had to compete on price alone, you're dead wrong (and even if you are the cheapest, you will lose the sale to competitors using this knowledge). This book will show you how to create more perceived value so that price is no longer an obstacle.

Everything, from how to handle your prospecting funnels to the technicalities within your business (for example, your telephone system) that might be causing your customers to visit your competition is covered. The era of Robot Marketing -- drive customer to an ad and buy has gone the way of the dodo. Branding, Value, and Service are where it's at now, and you have the capability to do it cheaper than old-school methods and grow your business organically and have it go viral.

If you are in Network Marketing (my niche) you desperately need this book, especially the chapter on Finding Out Your Customers WHY. Again, the days of robotic script reading for prospecting are over.

I've got a five hour flight ahead of me in two days and taking this along for a second read along with a notepad...

Thanks again for a job extremely well-done.
on January 9, 2016
This is a great book and an amazing update of the "Sales Bible" for the modern social world.

The book is packed full of actionable ideas, almost too many. Jeffrey goes above and beyond by also providing the extras that you can claim on the website.

Bottom line, if you do not increase your sales, improve your business and happiness after reading this book, you don't belong in sales.
on December 21, 2013
The type of book that should be read by any self-driven individual. Marvelously inspiring. I will pick it up again when I am in need of some motivational fuel. Insightful and easy to read. No regrets although I would not say the same for another book by another author I bought at the time I bought this one.