Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Rock 'n Roll Musical
Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 7, 2015
One of the worst and most pointless movies I have ever seen. Just - wow. My mouth is open and the flies are wandering in and out. Someone said, you should see this flim, it's so bad that it's kind of funny. No, no it's not. It's just bad, full stop. Terrible writing, super low budget, the whole concept is pretty much pointless, the lead actor is a hack, the directing that sucked the life out of all the acting, the idiotic sets, one pointless scene after another, the complete lack of plot or story . . . everything. It's kind of like a talentless 3rd grader got some friends together to make a movie that was written by her brother in Kindergarten. Trying to be a kind of Rocky Horror Picture Show maybe - but sorry, not even close. The music is not completely awful, but the lyrics and settings are so pointless that it hardly matters. The actress lead is kind of hot and I just feel sorry for her and wonder if she had any idea the movie was going to be so horrendous when she agreed to act in it. The VHS transfer is also abysmal, double letterboxed on a modern HDTV, and extremely low resolution, not that this film in high def would be any less painful. Once again we run up against the inability in an Amazon review to actually give zero stars, which I keep trying to click on, but it just won't bloody go through.
on January 6, 2008
This was a tremendously fun ride. It is a special moment when I actually fall into the story line and feel total immersion into the actors portrayal of an alternate world created by the skillful hands of gifted screenwriters and directors. To me, that is what entertainment is really about, the captured experience during the circus ride of sights and sounds a movie provides. I don't know why I didn't discover this flick sooner, I certainly try to keep an eye out for modern interpretations of the classics. This was a fine job interpreting the classic Hyde monster. I felt it was much more believable than the digitized mountainous Hyde's in the Van-Helsing and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen stories. You certainly owe it to yourself to try this more believable version out. The
combination of an engaging soundtrack, believable actors, and a gripping version of the storyline kept me immersed throughout. I offer a "job well done" to this crew!!!
on June 16, 2009
this film wil rock of your socks. there are rock and roll moments that feel so lively and fun that you want to watch it a bunch of times just to memorize the songs! and at the same time there are a few moments of horror and dread that are nasty enough to make you squirm in your seat a little......wich is AWESOME!!
well rounded horror musical. WATCH!
on December 28, 2007
I was truly inspired by this musical. The Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde Rock and Roll Musical is a independent film that has a great story and wonderful music. It's not to often you see a rock and roll musical with such great musical talent. I think any Rock /Horror enthusiast or independent film maker would enjoy seeing this film. The songs are great. I was wondering if there is CD with all the awesome music? Does anybody have it. It is great stuff. Gotta get the songs on my ipod! I hope this film is seen by a large audience. It's just great fun! Can't wait to see Bernhoft again. I hope he has something coming out soon! Maybe another horror musical?
on December 28, 2007
If your looking for a wild ride, this is it!

True art constantly reinvents itself. And reinventing an art form is exactly what this film does. When we think of musicals, warm and approachable names like "Oklahoma," "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers," and "South Pacific" come to mind. Films you grew up with. Films that leave a smile on your face. Admittedly, traditional musicals have almost always been associated with light hearted and sappy entertainment. Then there is that little handful of films that comes along and pushes the art-form, "Tommy," "Sweeney Todd," "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" and films of that ilk. Art shouldn't be stagnate, it should reinvent itself. It should always be challenged.

The mere thought of taking the Robert Louis Stevenson's famed dark novel and turning it into a musical, is not only challenging an art-form, it is death defyingly risky. Fortunately, "The Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Rock 'n' Roll Musical" succeeds with flying colors. To make it too serious would be to try to perfect an already perfect style of story-telling, and that's just plain boring. And, to make it sketch comedy silly wouldn't be challenging at all. Mel Brooks perfected the art form of making horror hilarious years ago (see "Young Frankenstein" for an iconic example of that). But, to let visceral rock and roll music and a raw, almost retro, style of filmmaking tell the story is just plain brilliant. I'm not saying that this film is an equal to "The Godfather" but it is definitely one cool ride. This is one of those fantastic films where if you sit back, let your hair down, expect nothing and let the music and the form carry you on a journey. If you do, you'll walk away satisfied and deep in thought for weeks to come.

Bernhoft and Champagne (the songwriter/lead actor and director respectively) are an amazing filmmaking team who's raw talent to move you with their story is self-evident and effective. For me they have succeeded simply because I can't stop thinking about this film. I will not be surprised at all if it becomes a cult classic. It's style is unique, it's form is avant garde and it boasts a CD's worth of unforgettable music. No one has ever come close to telling Stevenson's timely tale, or for that matter any horror classic, like this.

All in all, I liked this film very much. It bothered me (in a good way) and made me content all in the same instant. Interesting films always do. This film is definitely worth having in your DVD library.
on December 30, 2007
Alan is what "American Idol" would term, a triple threat. Not only is he a gifted musician, songwriter, and arranger - he is an
exceptional director who brings stunning color, backdrops, and a keen continuity to his work. It is apparent he is respected by the
cast as their individual chatacters are brought to life with zest and determination. J and H has been done and redone to the nth
degree, but this film is not to be passed over as another effort to rework a tired story. Its new, refreshing, vibrant, serious; one to
watch again and again.-George Avi-Customer Review
on December 28, 2007
A dynamite interpretation with awesome music! This project is worth listening to, watching and most of all, owning! Each time I see
it I find something new. The music is very haunting, and yes, you can sing along to it -- unlike some more recent musicals.
Bernhoft/Champagne are a duo to be watched and to be reckoned with. Give them the support that they deserve and have definitely
earned.-Coannie, Customer Review
on December 30, 2007
Take a great classical story, superb music, beautiful women and talented acting, throw in some Rock N' Roll excitement, and you have the Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Rock 'n Roll Musical! This is a fun and entertaining movie to watch time and again!
on December 28, 2007
DELICIOUS..!!!!.......Savory, Tasty and Enthralling !!!!!......Such a horriffic morsel......You'll LOVE EVERY bite !!!
The Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Rock & Roll Musical is nothing less than beautiful, spellbinding art.........Sir. Alan Bernhoft is a complete
TRIUMPH !!!........His singing, acting, dancing and otherwise "Creeping" will mess with your head and at the same time enthrall you
with his beautiful, poetic singing.......Such a handsome, talented actor....Such a creepy introduction into the world of Rock-Opera !!!
Did you see TOMMY..??......Have you seen ROCKY HORROR...??....Do you know the story of "Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde"??.........IF your
answer to all 3 questions in "No", then don't fret, my dear...........You can reclaim your worth in one felled swoop by witnessing The
Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Rock 'n' Roll Musical...!!!
Alan Berthoft dazzles with his master-work on the soundtrack !!.......The story will capture you in it's newly presented form !!.......The
women are absolutely beautiful and will no-doubt make you want/wish to be a hero within the storyline........All in all, your precious
hard-earned dollars will have been well spent on this most splendid extravaganza !! BUY IT !!.....LIVE IT !!.....LOVE IT !! -Stephen J.
Arti -Customer Review
on March 12, 2011
So I am as gullible as they come, and I purchased this DVD based on the previous 8 5-star reviews. BIG MISTAKE.

Is it entertaining? An argument can be made that it is, but I would think you would be arguing with someone on the "high" side of lucid. The music is not all bad in that some of it is catchy. But I am being kind.

If you are looking for a well done professional show and want to see a bad example of that, then you have my recommendation.

Maybe I am missing the point. I will allow for that possibility, but I want my money back (and my 90 minutes)!