5.0 out of 5 stars May be the best of the series!
Published 22 months ago by Samaire Provost

3.0 out of 5 stars Slow moving
I still believe that Jenny Pox was the best. This one is slower moving. It does pick up. It's a good story with lots of ties to the 3 books before. You need to have read them all to totally understand this book.
Published 15 months ago by Karen S. Spierdowis

5.0 out of 5 stars May be the best of the series!, October 14, 2012
This review is from: Jenny Plague-Bringer (The Paranormals, Book 4) (Kindle Edition)
I have read all the books in the Jenny Pox series, so I was extremely excited when I heard Bryan had another coming out and Jenny Plague-Bringer didn't disappoint! Bryan's crisp writing style, his wonderful descriptions and his story flow make reading this a pleasure! Wow!!!! Just...wow!!! This story takes off near where Alexander Death leaves off. New characters are added, making my stomach flutter in anticipation. This story wouldn't let me put it down, it grabbed my attention and never let it go... I recommend it for everyone who loves YA Paranormal!! I loved the other books Bryan wrote in this series, and they just kept getting better. This new installment is fantastic!!! WELL DONE, JL!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Finale to an Awesome Series, April 6, 2014
Are you tired of paranormal fiction that revolves around vampires? The Jenny Pox series is like a breath of fresh air in the genre. These books are so good that I've read the complete series at least three times now, bought them in book version for my sister's birthday, and recommended to friends and family.

The finale of the Jenny Pox series did not disappoint!

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

In Book #3 (Alexander Death), Jenny was re-introduced to her past lives. In Book #4, Jenny is trying to reconnect Seth to his past incarnations as well, so the book contains both past and present narratives.

Hiding from the U.S. government, Jenny and Seth are trying to lead quiet lives in France. They face the possibility of their cover being blown with the introduction of a new character who also seems to have a paranormal gift, and who also has a deep connection to Seth.

Another new character, also a paranormal, is hunting down the rest of the group for sinister purposes.

Jenny has struggled to keep her powers from hurting others while learning how to manage them. Will an unexpected event prove to be good news or bad news? Is self-defense enough reason to unleash the pox she can cause? Will Jenny ever be able to touch others without causing sickness and death?

Why are these books not movies?! I would go see them. J L Bryan needs a better publicist because with the explosion of paranormal fiction these books should be available in more places besides Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Begging for the movie series!, February 12, 2013
Seriously! I've never read anything like this series. It has everything except for vampires - thank God! After explaining it to a friend, she wanted to know why a movie series hasn't been made :) love it and can't wait to read more from JL Bryan!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome series, May 2, 2014
I loved the series and looked forward to each book hating the fact it ended, I would recommend this series to any reader that wants to look forward to opening the book and be ready to keep reading. I hated to put the book down because each page was exciting and kept me looking forward to the next chapter, there was never a time I felt I was having a problem "getting through," as the excitement had waned. I look forward to reading other books by this author to see if she is always on top of the story as I found in the Paranormals.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Could've Ended At Three But I'm Glad It Didn't!!, April 11, 2014
Allison Janezic (Reisterstown, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
This was a great ending to a great series. It could have ended at the third book but I'm glad it didn't. We find Jenny and Seth in Paris hiding from the government in happiness. But someone new is looking for them and he won't stop until he finds them. This addition to the Jenny Pox series gives us more of what we have come to love and so much more. Some of the characters we have seen before like Tommy and Esmarelda are also in this book and I was glad to have them there. We also get to glimpse into the past where all of the characters Bryan has written about and some paranormals converge in Nazi Germany as the characters learn of their past lives and how it affects the future they now live in. This book goes from one time to the other and we begin to piece together how their lives over history help or hinder them in the next.

I will add that of all the books this one has more intimate scenes than the previous installments if you are not in to all that then you may be put off by it but honestly they were not as explicit as your typical romance books. It is more on the paranormal side but it does have some explicit parts which are a very much needed part of the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jenny-plague bringer, March 24, 2013
This is the forth book of the series, It can be a stand alone book but,
It is understood better if you start with the first on in the series.
In this book, the story line is starting to get repetitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Reading the Paranormal Recommended Read, February 24, 2013
Whew! I thought we had closure with the end of the 3rd book. You know, since (most of) the bad guys got what was coming to them and Jenny and Seth had a chance at a normal life. Okay, at least it was as normal a life as someone who can't touch anyone without infecting them with vile, vile diseases could expect to have. Oh, and I guess being declared legally dead and having to hide their real identities sucked. And that whole "can't see their parents again thing" isn't *exactly* normal, but OTHER THAN THAT. Anyway. I must admit that this book did Jenny justice. She got to show both her badass, disease spewing side and the side of her that's determined to do the right thing and not be a mass murderer. Hey, we all have issues in life. Jenny just deals with the big issues. The really big, maybe-I-should-kill-them-and-maybe-I-shouldn't issues.

I really enjoyed the parallels between the present and Jenny's life in the 30s. These poor Paranormals don't have it easy no matter what skin they wear and the more we see the more we come to understand that all the power they hold is more a curse than a blessing if it falls into the wrong hands. Even Seth, the healer, is forced to used his ability against his will. For someone like Jenny (and her previous self, Juliana), it's even worse. And now I'm redacting a big, spoiler-esque sentence so I don't give anything away. You're welcome.

Jenny has grown so much as a character since the first book. Her pregnancy isn't the blessing it might seem on the surface. Knowing what she knows of her touch, she's afraid to grow attached to her baby and to entertain the thought that maybe this time things will work out. I just wanted to give her a big hug and tell her everything would be just fine. But then, you know, I'd end up infected with a horrible, horrible illness so, really, hugging = not a good idea.

All in all, I was very excited to have a chance to revisit Jenny and Seth and see what they've been up to since we left them last. A little sex (more than a little, really), a little death (more than a little there, too), and a very intriguing look at the two of them in a past life (there might have been some others involved in that past life, in case you were wondering) left me a very, very happy girl.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

4.0 out of 5 stars Get the plague!, October 22, 2012
Elyse S. (Plant City, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed the last book! I loved how Bryan brought the story full circle, and it had a good ending tying up all the ends. I especially loved the fact that we got to delve further into the past lives of the characters, and the inclusion of Alexander, Ashleigh, Tommy, Esmeralda, and of course Jenny and Seth, with the introduction of a new character! I was very pleased with the last book in the series, especially since I was surprised to find that there would be a 4th book at all. The POV is what really did it for me, I loved going back and forth between the present and the past life. I wasn't expecting a happily ever after, but that's okay. :) Definitely would recommend this series to anyone who is into paranormal fantasy!

5.0 out of 5 stars lovef it, June 15, 2014
Fourth book in one of the best series i have read. I really wish there was more books in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome series!!, June 10, 2014
Best series I have ever read! Crossing my fingers for another book in this series!!
My favorite one yet!!! 😊