Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jensen AM/FM Dual Alarm Clock Radio with Top Loading CD Player - JCR-332 (Silver) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on January 14, 2011
This unit has proven useful for me. The fidelity is not great (I did not expect great) but not bad. It is relatively easy to figure out the various features of the unit.

The feature I find best for me is that I can set the alarm for whatever time, go to sleep listening to a CD, and then that same CD will start playing at the alarm time. It's unfortunate that there is no capability for setting the alarm on buzzer, going to sleep listening to a CD and then at alarm time the buzzer will sound. It's unfortunate that the unit does not have a headphone output.
0Comment|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2011
I was on a desperate search for a CD/Clock radio for my young daughter. This is the only one I could find that could ship immediately and was under $50. My daughter is pleased with this and it does the job of waking her up to her favorite CD. But this product is bare bones and made cheaply.

The sound quality is just about the worst I have heard. My transistor radio from the 1980's has better sound quality. The Jensen is so bad, it's laughable.

If you want to wake to a CD, it will play from track one. You can not program the CD to play a certain track. So if you don't like the first track, your stuck starting your day to a song you don't like!

The battery back-up feature is also a joke. It only serves to power up the clock .. NOT the alarm. So if you have a pwer outage, you will be able to tell the time, but you will oversleep as the alarm won't work!

The set-up is not intuitive. You do need to read instructions to figure out how to program, listen to radio vs. cd.

The design is nice, and seems sturdy. Just about the only redeeming quality.

Really a disappointing product, especially given how far technology has come,
44 comments|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2010
About 8 months after I purchased this item the clock display started to blink erratically and the alarm now fails to function at all. The sound is great; both CD player & radio work. The warranty is only 90 days. I really love the size and all the functions, so I'll take my chance and purchase another, hoping it will last in full function. Jensen has such a good reputation! I'm surprised at this failure.
on May 18, 2013
I was specifically looking for an alarm clock with options including a CD, dual alarms, and radio. This one can even connect your iPAD or other MPG device to it. I use headphones to listen to my CDs while crocheting. I can also choose to play the CD thruout the night on repeat, limit the time listening, use the radio, CD or regular alarm to wake up. As I said---options. Much better than the cheap alarm clock that broke w/in 2 months!
on June 27, 2013
This alarm clock/radio/CD player has a lot of nice features, but the battery backup that was not included on many of the competitors' models is what caused me to choose it. It's easy to use, works well and the radio picks up every station in my locale. The reason for three stars is the sound quality. The small speakers have a tinny quality that makes it sound like a 1960's transistor radio. While it serves the purpose of waking me up, it is useless for playing a CD or listening to the radio for entertainment. It is strictly an alarm and nothing more.
on July 25, 2012
I confess, I got this one because it had all the features I needed, and - it was cute. Well, it worked fine for awhile. We got it to play white noise for a new baby, and played that CD nonstop for months, probably. One day it got turned off and when we turned it back on, the player wouldn't recognize the CD .... or any other CD. It got moved to another room, and sometime later we discovered it could play CDs again. Go figure. It's been used sporadically for about a year, now (plays one CD, once a day), and just last week it quit again. Bought a cleaner disk (Memtek 32020029479 CD and DVD Lens Cleaning Kit) but it wouldn't read that, either, so I guess it's time to retire it. Since we used it nonstop for months, I don't feel like it was a total waste of money, but I also wish it hadn't kicked the bucket quite so soon.

It was easy to figure out, decent sound (but we were using it for white noise!!), decent radio (when I tried to tune in some static, it kept getting radio stations!!), easy to program the clock, etc. Nice little number - I just wish it still played CDs!!
on July 5, 2013
I bought this as a replacement clock/CD player for my mother to use in her bedroom. The clock's digital readout is large and bright, so it is very easy for her to see. The sound is definitely more than adequate for her needs. The buttons are self-explanatory and easy to use. I have one question/concern: she listens to a CD to help her fall asleep at night, and the instructions state (in bold) that it is important to turn off the power for the CD after the CD is done playing. Well, the point of her listening to a CD to help her fall asleep is that she'll be sleeping by the time the CD is finished, and she isn't able to turn off the power until she wakes up. I'm not certain as to how critical this is, and I'm hoping to get an answer from the manufacturer on this. Other than that, she is very pleased with the clock/CD player, the price, and the quick delivery. Love Amazon!! // Follow up regarding my concern: I spoke with Jensen Customer Service, and I got a pretty vague answer..."As long as she turns it off in the morning it will be okay." "What can happen if it's not turned off?" "If it's not turned off for days, it can cause internal damage." So, I'm going to hope that no damage will occur, because my mother is very pleased with the item, and very much likes to fall asleep to a CD.
on October 8, 2013
Let me start by saying I normally don’t do reviews because usually what I find out is what others have already discovered and reported. I base almost all my purchases on reviews and based on this one I thought I was getting a great product, but I was let down by one major feature. The Snooze alarm. Usually or on most modern alarms in this price range you can set or adjust the snooze to be as long as you want. As far as I can tell you can’t with this model. I have read the instructions and have yet to change it from its very short 6 minute snooze. Let me repeat that. It is a six minute snooze. Usually it takes me a few minutes to fall back asleep, so just about that time the alarm is going off again. My last alarm I set it for 20 minutes, which was perfect so I was horrified to find out it was fixed at 6 minutes.

Pros & Cons:

Pros
• Wake up to CD
• Snooze button easy to find and hit
• Two alarms
• Sound quality is okay for the price

Cons
• 6 Minute snooze that is fixed
• Bright display blinds you at night

So I bought this unit because I have a CD sound design that I like to wake up to. I loved my last alarm but after 3 years of use the CD player wore out and stopped working. I knew about the bright display on this unit beforehand from other reviews so I was ready for that and I use a piece of window tint to dim down the light. But I guess if you want to tan your face in the green glow this is your alarm. The CD player is fine and does the job. I heard a few other negative reviews on the sound quality and for the price it is what it is. No, this is NOT a high end BOSE system, and contrarily to a previous review you can use this unit to play music to fall asleep to, and then have the unit power itself off using a timer option. There is a timed setting to use if that is a feature you want, but you need to read the instructions to set that up…I found that out when I was trying to change the snooze settings.

Overall the display is ugly and bright, and the snooze options sucks. If you look past those flaws it isn’t bad. Would I recommend this unit to you? It depends on what you want, but I would not buy this one again. This things seems like the cutting edge Technology of 1995. I am not sure why we can’t or don’t have options like flash memory or a few memory device ports like Compact Flash, SD Card, or USB options to use for music playback in this price range. I am sure those would be easier to make than the dated Compact Disc player, I mean really, who uses CD’s anymore? Apparently I do because these other options are not yet available.

I hope this helps you.
on January 10, 2012
Bought months ago, the Jensen AM/FM Dual Alarm Clock Radio with Top Loading CD Player - JCR-332 (silver), is, works, and appears as it should, without looking like a "Buck Roger's Space Cadet reject", although it should have an attractive solid chromed metal antena instead of a rather cheap, unsightly black wire for an antena.

As for any who criticize the sound quality produced by the speakers, this unit is neither designed nor meant to be a "home entertainment theatre" or a "wave" system, but is instead designed and meant to be an inexpensive AM/FM/CD/Alarm clock radio as small as it is, with consequently tiny speakers which produce sound quality which is as good as it is.

Altogether, so far so good, so at this point it gets a 5 Star Rating.
on August 3, 2013
This sleek alarm clock is user-friendly, especially easy to set the clock and dual alarms without having to read the instruction book. Would like it better if there were multiple light levels for the LED display. The bright green lights up a room at night.