Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jensen AM/FM Dual Alarm Clock Auto Time Set Clock Radio - JCR-255 (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on August 19, 2009
I would advise other people to buy this product. It is the first time I have had a clock/radio/alarm where the radio works properly and I do not wake to static.
My previous clock radios have only been able to pick up a handful of stations with decent reception.
on October 8, 2009
This product is very small in size, but has a big,decent sound. Works well and radio has very good reception. Good product for size and price.
on April 1, 2010
I've been using this as a bedside alarm clock and radio for ~2 months now. This is the first alarm clock I've ever had where I never accidentally hit the wrong button at 5am. The radio works well, and gets good reception throughout my home, and while the speakers are nothing to write home about, they don't sound blown out if you crank them up to be able to hear in the next room over. All in all, this thing will do it's job and do it reliably.

UPDATE: Mangaed to break it. It had a couch dropped on it during a move, worked fine for another week or so, then started having issues - mostly that the volume dropped really low, and the buzzer started sounding choked. So, yeah - don't drop a couch on it.
on November 18, 2011
I have purchased three of these (my company only allows us to buy certain things). All three of them have been junk. We just wanted them for the radio. When we go home in the afternoon, we used to just turn it down because after turning off, you have to push the one button about 50 times to get it to come back on and them sometimes it still doesn't. It automatically turns itself up. The last time the power went off, the volume doesn't work at all. I am going to go out and buy one with my own money because I refuse to invest in anything else Jensen.
on August 25, 2010
I got this clock, and initially thought it was great. The display is large and has a dimmer. The buttons are easy to find, and the mp3 plugin is so-so but doable in most cases. Also adjustable snooze (most clocks are 9 minutes, which is pointless to me) But I found my clock actually runs ahead, even with the auto-set. It quickly worked its way up to 10 minutes fast (it took about 3 months). The other problem is that it doesn't have an auto-shutoff for the alarm. So if you are like me and like to set two alarms but may forget to turn one off every blue moon if you get up early, know that this alarm will go off at it's highest point of the crescendo all weekend long through your open windows until you come home from your trip and find your neighbors giving you the evilest, sleep deprived eye immaginable. If it weren't for these problems, the alarm would be a keeper, but I'm in the market for a replacement.
on September 10, 2011
I chose this unit because of its ultra-compact size, radio, and big digit display. To be fair, all three of those aspects are exactly as I expected them to be. That's why it gets 2 stars from me.

I'd had the clock for about six months the first time the alarm failed to go off in the morning. Fortunately for me, I also have a furry backup alarm who sticks his paws in my face when he thinks I should be awake, and I was almost on time to work. Then it failed again a couple months ago, and my feline backup must have been otherwise entertained. I did end up about half an hour late that day.

Like most people, the first time, I wondered if perhaps I'd somehow unset the alarm or awakened, turned it off, and gone back to sleep. When it happened again, I knew better. There are other weird issues with this clock--some mornings, pressing the ON/OFF button turns the radio on instead of just stopping the alarm. Some mornings, I have to press the ON/OFF button quite a few times to get any response at all from it. When I turn the alarm off for the weekend, then turn it back on, occasionally it goes to Alarm 2 when I was pressing the button for Alarm 1. I have to watch the display to make sure it hasn't decided to surprise me.

I must have read a few hundred reviews of various alarm clocks on Amazon, and I'm baffled by a recurring theme: they aren't reliable in the one simple function for which they were supposedly designed. Unfortunately, this one is no different than all the rest.

Does anyone know where I can get a reliable alarm clock? I'll even give up the waking to radio, if I must. As it stands, I have a travel alarm (battery operated and atomic setting) which I keep set as my fall back, but it's got an LCD display and therefore is not as easy to read. Why doesn't anyone make atomic alarm clocks with LEDs? And why is it (apparently) so difficult to build an alarm clock that actually functions the way it should?
on January 30, 2010
Takes up little room on the night table.
Easy to read and see the digital clock.
Poor sound. Radio can be set by feel.
All buttons are on the top making it easy
to push down.
on January 21, 2010
The audio ouput could be better. On the other hand, very few clock radios have decent sound. But this will do a good job of waking you up.
on September 25, 2010
I was disappointed with this clock radio. Some people might be very pleased with it. I wanted a radio that would play while I went to sleep and then shut off. The Jensen lacks this feature. Although there is plenty of room on the front of the device for a good sized speaker all you get is a tiny speaker with very average sound. From a distance the radio looks good but close up the glue holding on the speaker grill is unevenly spread and just looks cheep. Lastly the controls are fine if you are fully awake and part geek. If you just woke up and need a little time to get going you may be tempted to pitch the thing across the room.
on October 13, 2010
I bought this radio about a year ago but would not buy it again. While the time display is very good, setting and shutting off the alarms is not intuitive. The buzzer is incredibly loud and annoying (I could hear it two floors below) which may work for heavy sleepers as it's loud enough to wake the dead but it's too loud for most people. The sound quality is very poor as well. If you just use it as a clock, it's fine but there are better clock radios out there for sure.

See 1 answered question