Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Jensen JTA-222 3-Speed Turntable
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Color: Brown|Change

on November 16, 2014
Surprised on how high the volume actually goes. Definitely love it.
0Comment|215 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2014
This record player is awesome. I've been looking everywhere for a turntable that was on the smaller side so it would fit on a shelf of my entertainment center. Until now, my search had turned up a few that didn't have external speakers, were too expensive, too bulky, not loud enough, etc. This one was definitely the way to go for me. You can't beat the price, the sound is top-notch, and it has an am/fm radio included. My wife likes that it looks "antiquey."
11 comment|211 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2014
Overall this is a great little system. I highly recommend it for anyone who loves to hear their old records in a nice simple fashion. Obviously if you're an Audiophile you'll use a more proper turntable (Audio Technica, Pro-Ject, etc.) to fully enjoy the richness and depth of vinyl, but for those wanting to hear their old 45's and those classic garage sale LP's in a basic no-frills manner, this is a quality choice.

The system is designed to play the standard 3 speeds of records, each with the lid closed to eliminate stray sound. Some advice: give the turntable some speed time playing 45 or 78 rpm records. This gives the turntable a push to work through the "drag" of the lower 33 rpm speed. Initially, my 33 rpms were sluggish on this turntable, but after some time at higher speeds, they worked just fine.

Obviously the speakers will not blow you away, but they are still very good. There's not much bass as you would imagine, but the sound is strong and at higher volumes there is no crackling or distortion. I would put the sound on par with most "jam boxes" we grew up with in the 80's and early 90's. The radio dials are easy to operate (you have standard FM, FM Stereo and AM to choose from). This will come in handy listening to sports on the radio.

Cosmetically it has a nice antique feel. Nice wood finish and stylish controls. Everything is easy to operate and within 5 minutes of removing it from the box I was spinning my classic 45s from Genesis, Ambrosia, Hall & Oates and more. If that's all you need, something simple and easy to use, I highly recommend this.

Long live vinyl my friends!
66 comments|196 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2014
I mainly bought this turntable because my five-in-one systems turntable would stop before a record was finished. So, looking for a relatively cheap alternative, i bought this. All in all, it's not a terrible turntable, but there are a few flaws in its initial design.

I'll start with the good stuff. It comes with a handy 45rpm adapter, as well as a function to turn off the auto stop feature. This allows you to play your records to the very end should the auto stop kick in before the record is finished. The sound quality is good for the price you're buying it for, but as other customers have said, it's not exactly the kind of music system you'd want for a loud party. Though it does come with an RCA out hook up for external speakers

The bad stuff: The stylus is complete crap. I tried a second hand record I bought at goodwill on it as a test and after the first song it began skipping. I tried the same record on my five-in-one turntable and it didn't have a problem with it. Mind you, the record was a little bent, but not enough for a decent stylus to have trouble. I also tried one of my rare red vinyl records, and although it played well, (it was in almost mint condition), about halfway through the first side, I noticed it was wearing the record out! Now, I thought it might just be the material the LP is made from, so again, I tried it on my five-in-one. No wear at all. I will be replacing the stylus as soon as possible.

In the end though, I don't completely hate it. If you're willing to invest between 10-20$ in a new stylus, or maybe some second hand speakers, this is a cheap and effective machine. It's decent looking, the radio is functional, it has a headphone jack, and it can actually play 45rpm's, unlike many new turntables. Also it has that autostop turn off function.

Again, if you're looking for something cheap but effective, buy this
1616 comments|136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 12, 2014
I love it so far! Nice size. I have included a picture so you can try to get an idea of how small it is.
review image
11 comment|86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2015
I have wanted one of these players since as long as I can remeber.When it finally came I was so crazy happy.I love my record player so much!!!!perfect condition.At first when i got it I was a bit worried at the begining because alot of reviews had said how quiet the player was and at first when I turned it on it was!Like I legit could barely even hear it by my sister had looked at it all the way and was like"you there is a switch at the back" me being slow I had the interal speakers on.Once it was switched boom that lil sucker was loud.I really enjoy this player great start for a beginner like myself i hope you enjoy this as much as I have!!xoxo-abby
review image review image
on July 5, 2014
Great little machine. Haven't had any problems with it. The volume and sound from the internal built in speakers is more than enough for me personally. However I understand that some people will find the sound not loud enough if your the type of person that regularly falls victim to noise complaints you'll need to buy external speakers to continue that trend. Plays both new and old records very well. Couldn't be happier. I should note that this is the first turntable I have owned so I can't compare to other models.
on September 25, 2014
Bought this for my teenage daughter who wanted a turntable after seeing mine. For the price, it was a no-brainer, and for the functionality that goes along with the price, it gets four stars (I think it would have to be AMAZING to get five for the price).
The sound quality is OK, but what do you expect from a one-piece, amp/speakers built in, unit? This is NOT a $99 turntable, but for the function, it does not matter. The highest volume setting is a very dull roar, and of course, the tiny speakers begin to distort at the dull roar-- but again, THIS IS NOT A $99 turntable. In fact, with the built-ins, it's not even a $50 turntable-- but again, IT DOES THE JOB.

If you're looking for a cheap, below-entry level "toy" (it really isn't, but for the price, might as well be), this is your baby. If you want to truly experience vinyl, this is NOT your baby-- at least go to the $99 turntable with separate components (in my judgment). I'm sure there are audiophiles (who will NOT be reading this review, I'm guessing) who would say "Add $400 to that price and you MIGHT have something that resembles a vinyl experience". I'd like to be that guy, but for me, the $99 one does just fine for me now, and this one does GREAT for my teenager, who LOVES it (but of course, has hinted that she'd like my $99er if and when I upgrade).
33 comments|73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2015
All the people who are complaining about unit must live in prissyville.. . OK the internal speakers are not high quality surround sound speakers. But let me tell you something. For the price this unit has worked flawlessly out of the box and has enough volume to fill the entire listening room. Now granted St max volume you are not going to have people screaming to hear one another. But the whole purpose of vinyl is to sit back relax and enjoy yourself. I did not buy this player with with with the intent to throw killer parties and rock the neighborhood. It does exactly what in was hoping g for it to do! I tapped a nickle to the arm and it has not even skipped a single beat! I've listened to old and new vinyl from SKYNARD, zeppelin, foreigner, to hatebreed, and buried alive from front to back. Even played hooters 45 as well as e town concrete. Not a single flaw in any play. Now it does not have an adjustable eq or dial speed but to the people complaining that it's to fast or to slow. You must be an audio God. If I could upload video and audio I would do so to prove this is worth the low price for such a great item. It's small, it's aesthetically pleasing, and it works. Now.... I did choose to hook up a set of old speakers I had laying around from an old surround sound system! Which is the reason I got this unit instead of the mp3 conversion unit for the same price. I couldn't be happier! I have to say all the negative reviews on here had me extremely nervous to buy this unit. I'm glad I took the chance and and and just clicked buy new. Don't almost make the the same mistake! It's worth every penny!
on October 8, 2015
This little record player is sooo misunderstood. I read a lot of reviews about poor sound quality, cheap design and problems with skipping. I obviously can only speak of my experience, but I disagree. At first I did agree, then after fussing around a little, I realized that when setup correctly, it really is a nice little player.

Now here is the fussing part, if you buy this unit, and read forward, it could save you a little time.

1. The headphone jack is for headphones, not for external speakers. If you are going to hook this into your sound system, you will get a lot better sound using the speaker out wire-pinch type outputs in the back.

2. If you have the option for RCA input on your sound system, use it. RCA type cables generally have better shielding, giving you less hum through the speakers.

3. Shipping is a bumpy adventure. If the record skips check the needle head assembly. I noticed that the screw on the needle head assembly was not as tight as it could be and if the needle is sitting at an odd angle to the record, it will cause skipping. Before sending the unit back, try to lightly grip the head at the end of the arm, the part that holds the needle, but not the needle itself, and very gently rock it back and forth to reset it on the arm. Make sure the yours is straight down and not at an angle. That worked for me and it hasn't skipped since.

I might be a little long winded above, but when you consider the fact that this unit costs less than 50 bucks, those items are not biggies, they are the reason that you are getting it for 50 bucks. I can handle that. Obviously if I were looking for a high end machine I would not go for this one, but I wanted something small enough to fit on a shelf and produce good sound, and that's what I got.

Is it well made - For the price it is.
Is it going to give you jaw dropping sound and replication? Uh, no.
BUT IT'S LESS THAN 50 BUCKS AND IT WORKS AND IT SOUNDS GOOD.